PDA

View Full Version : Green Squares....

Believer
18 August 2010, 03:53 PM
When you make a post, there is a block of lines on the top right hand side. Between the 'Posts' and 'Reputation' lines, are a bunch of squares. For most people, they are painted either light green or dark green. I happened to notice that for my posts and also for Eastern Mind's posts, there is only one square and it is painted black. Does that indicate a black mark? Am I about to be banned from the forum? ;)

Eastern Mind
18 August 2010, 04:35 PM
Vannakkam Believer:

It is some reflection of your reputation and the number below it. I had asked Satay to disable mine. I don't want people judging me based on reputation, (nor the other way around) but since the number is there anyway, it seems pointless. I wonder if the number can be disabled as well.

The words green box lit up a childhood memory. Some amateur hypnotist was using the words "look at the tiny green box I have formed in my hand" while supposedly hypnotizing an Aunt of mine. I must have been no more than 8. But each time the 'hypnotist' would look the other way, the Aunt would wink at us kids, even after she was supposedly under his hypnotic spell. She played along, and we all tried not to giggle. To this day I doubt if the poor man knows he was duped.

But I have no idea why yours is black. Satay is the man to ask. He is the Godman of HDF ... knows all, sees all, punishes, forgives, laments, takes bribes, ....

Aum Namasivaya

Believer
18 August 2010, 06:56 PM
Satay is the man to ask. He is the Godman of HDF ... takes bribes ....

That part of his personality was not transparent to me. ;)

satay
19 August 2010, 09:46 AM
namaste beliver,
Those green squares are your repuation. You might have turned off your 'display reputation' setting by accident and this is why there is only one black box showing up.

I turned the setting back on for your account.

You can change it by going to 'user cp' then to 'edit options'. There is a check box there that you can click on to turn it off or on.

Thanks,
ps: I am no God man. Eastern Mind is too kind with me. :)