PDA

View Full Version : Do you consider Madhvacharya to be too "hardcore"?

Kumar_Das
30 August 2010, 05:23 PM
The most hardcore monotheist in all of history, if you ask me.

He makes Semitic religions look more similar to the rest of Hinduism.(not his own doctrine - his stands apart clearly, even more extreme with its strict monotheism)

Sahasranama
31 August 2010, 02:56 AM
He makes Semitic religions look more similar to the rest of Hinduism.

What do you mean?

Kumar_Das
31 August 2010, 05:44 AM
What do you mean?

His emphasis on the uniqueness of God(in his case Vishnu) makes muhammadan mullahs soil their undies.

sm78
31 August 2010, 06:39 AM
His emphasis on the uniqueness of God(in his case Vishnu) makes muhammadan mullahs soil their undies.

Let me know if you know of any mullah who cares. Madhva or no madhva, a hindu is little more than a pest for a jehadi.

Kumar_Das
31 August 2010, 06:43 AM
Let me know if you know of any mullah who cares. Madhva or no madhva, a hindu is little more than a pest for a jehadi.

I dont think you understand what I said.

Madhvacharya's emphasis of extreme distinction of God with respect to all else, is so strict and hardcore. Even Semites would tremble and soil themselves.;)

First of all they dont know, second of all they wont dare say a word. Madhvacharya's monotheism is a cut above the rest.

Which again shows how Sanatana Dharma, with its gifted Acharyas, send people of other faiths running with their tails between their legs. Sri Adi Shankaracharya destroying Buddhism and Sri Madhvacharya destroying Islam.

Islam preaches the "uniqueness" of God. Yet no muhammadan semite has been able to explain this aspect as much as Madhvacharya. So we can throw their endless list of prophets to the garbage.:)

Sahasranama
31 August 2010, 06:53 AM
Hinduism has diverse theories, some of which resemble other faiths. I don't understand what you are trying to prove though. Did you study Madhvacharya's philosophy to come to any conclusion?

Kumar_Das
31 August 2010, 06:57 AM
Hinduism has diverse theories, some of which resemble other faiths. I don't understand what you are trying to prove though.

They arent "theories". They are sophisticated doctrines of approaching Divinity.

I drew similarity of the 'general' Hinduism with Islam, because Madhvacharya is more hardcore.:D

Tattva Vada/Dvaita Vada seems so strict its ahead of Semitic religions. Which in turn superficially makes the rest of Hinduism (general Hinduism followed by those outside of Vedanta) closer to Islam.

Which of course still being irrelevant because we use the same scriptures and belong to the same camp. The difference in doctrine being irrelevant to us.

Sahasranama
31 August 2010, 06:58 AM
In hardcoreness you classify:

General hinduism < Islam < Madhvacharya

Kumar_Das
31 August 2010, 07:01 AM
In hardcoreness you classify:

General hinduism < Islam < Madhvacharya

Yes.:D

Kumar_Das
31 August 2010, 07:12 AM
If muhammadans encountered Advaita they would say "what is this heresy?! God and man are not the same!" and would have them killed, not being able to see the beauty and sophistication of Shankarachary's philosophy.

Thats all those losers can do.

Madhvacharya used Advaita to exactly demonstrate the uniqueness of God. Deconstructing it from every angle on every level possible to demonstrate monotheism.

So I am offended when people accuse Dvaita Vada as being "similar" to Christianity or Islam.

Because all they would have done was to say, "when ye prostate for worship, will ye take any beside ye Lord? What benefit does it do to those who do as such? For those who indeed do such, a grevious punishment awaits them. But most of them know not!".

Isnt that what the quran is, pages after pages?

Sahasranama
31 August 2010, 12:57 PM
Comparing dvaita to semitic religions is foolish and even if it did compare, it's predujiced to disregard it, because similarities with Islam or Christianity. For example, Krishna sounds similar to Christ, doesn't mean we should stop worshipping Krishna.

Arjun The Vaishnava
30 December 2010, 11:10 AM
I understand what Kumar Das is trying to say here. I too have studied Madhvacharya's philosophy and come to the same conclusion. Madhva's monotheism is stricter than Islam or Christianity because unlike Christianity, he does not show a holy trinity but instead he has shown Vishnu as the only God and the only manifestation of God. Also, God in Dvaita is more definite than Islam's Allah whose properties are left to be unknown (as he is always regarded as being formless but the Wahhabis and Salafis claim that they will behold Allah's form in Jannah- that being the greatest pleasure of paradise) while everything about Vishnu is known and His great attributes are expounded ad inifnitum by Sri Madhvacharya and instead of dismissing the other Hindu gods, he has subjugated them to Vishnu in his hierarchy with Vishnu being the Infinite and Unmatchable at the top, His Shakti Lakshmi next, and then others like Brahma, and the foremost Vaishnava Lord Shiva on lower rungs.

Sudarshan
01 January 2011, 01:42 AM
I understand what Kumar Das is trying to say here. I too have studied Madhvacharya's philosophy and come to the same conclusion. Madhva's monotheism is stricter than Islam or Christianity because unlike Christianity, he does not show a holy trinity but instead he has shown Vishnu as the only God and the only manifestation of God. Also, God in Dvaita is more definite than Islam's Allah whose properties are left to be unknown (as he is always regarded as being formless but the Wahhabis and Salafis claim that they will behold Allah's form in Jannah- that being the greatest pleasure of paradise) while everything about Vishnu is known and His great attributes are expounded ad inifnitum by Sri Madhvacharya and instead of dismissing the other Hindu gods, he has subjugated them to Vishnu in his hierarchy with Vishnu being the Infinite and Unmatchable at the top, His Shakti Lakshmi next, and then others like Brahma, and the foremost Vaishnava Lord Shiva on lower rungs.

Actually Sri Madhva's vaiShNavism is quite liberal while compared to several other vaishNava-s. He accorded a place to all vedic Gods in his system unlike some others who completely disregarded all other dieties. You would find Madhva priests in shiva temples even today because their system has not tabooed it.

Sri Madhva does not say that everything about about viShNu is known. He says that the Lord is knowable to some extent through the mind and words, but his glory cannot be captured fully by the veda. Infact in his system the Lord has an infinite number of manifestations and how would that come under the "known" category?

Any vedic religion is heads and shoulders above Islam and christianity any day.

Kumar_Das
01 January 2011, 05:05 AM
Actually Sri Madhva's vaiShNavism is quite liberal while compared to several other vaishNava-s. He accorded a place to all vedic Gods in his system unlike some others who completely disregarded all other dieties. You would find Madhva priests in shiva temples even today because their system has not tabooed it.

Sri Madhva does not say that everything about about viShNu is known. He says that the Lord is knowable to some extent through the mind and words, but his glory cannot be captured fully by the veda. Infact in his system the Lord has an infinite number of manifestations and how would that come under the "known" category?

"Greater even than the scriptures is the Lord Himself"

Jagadananda
01 January 2011, 10:55 AM
Kumar das,
Thank you for sharing this. Can you recommend a resource to study this specific topic further? I am fairly new and need guidance from those who are more advanced. Thank you.

Haribol,
Jagadananda

Arjun The Vaishnava
02 January 2011, 10:43 AM

I agree, how does being more hardcore in its monotheism make it any less that islam or christianity?

Kumar_Das
04 January 2011, 11:55 AM
I missed this post...

I understand what Kumar Das is trying to say here. I too have studied Madhvacharya's philosophy and come to the same conclusion.

From a Guru belonging to Shri Madhva's parampara?

Madhva's monotheism is stricter than Islam or Christianity because unlike Christianity, he does not show a holy trinity but instead he has shown Vishnu as the only God and the only manifestation of God. Also, God in Dvaita is more definite than Islam's Allah whose properties are left to be unknown

Nowhere did Shri Madhvacharya ever dare utter such a heresy. Lord Vishnu's comprehension is over all things, whereas for humans it is not so. As such humans can never know all of Lord Vishnu's attributes completely. Infact in Dvaita, Lord Vishnu is called as "the Greatest Mystery".

(as he is always regarded as being formless

:rolleyes:

but the Wahhabis and Salafis claim that they will behold Allah's form in Jannah- that being the greatest pleasure of paradise) while everything about Vishnu is known and His great attributes are expounded ad inifnitum by Sri Madhvacharya

Sure, sure.:rolleyes:

and instead of dismissing the other Hindu gods, he has subjugated them to Vishnu in his hierarchy with Vishnu being the Infinite and Unmatchable at the top, His Shakti Lakshmi next, and then others like Brahma, and the foremost Vaishnava Lord Shiva on lower rungs.

When did Shri Madhva say that?

charlebs
25 April 2011, 10:15 AM
If muhammadans encountered Advaita they would say "what is this heresy?! God and man are not the same!" and would have them killed, not being able to see the beauty and sophistication of Shankarachary's philosophy.

Thats all those losers can do.

Madhvacharya used Advaita to exactly demonstrate the uniqueness of God. Deconstructing it from every angle on every level possible to demonstrate monotheism.

So I am offended when people accuse Dvaita Vada as being "similar" to Christianity or Islam.

Because all they would have done was to say, "when ye prostate for worship, will ye take any beside ye Lord? What benefit does it do to those who do as such? For those who indeed do such, a grevious punishment awaits them. But most of them know not!".

Isnt that what the quran is, pages after pages?
I don't believe anyone is near to achieve godhood, because is god willpower, affection, or knowledge? and what to do with these states of minds.
to be like god you'd have to be a raving lunatic who experiments with all there is. (especially women!)
knowledge doesn't come from nothing. but of course your buddhi (instinct) will often make you realise situations that take your path. but you'd be hypersensitive as well and need to be able to hold back until further notice at any time!

what is god? god is everything and everyone. but we are just little personalities based on other personalities. never just claim enlightenment even if you've realised a few steps higher. there is no end to enlightenment.

but whether you're fit for nirvana is something that will be judged. the highest heaven might be full of krishna's, shiva's, parvati's, kali's. who knows. you can't judge until you know everything .. ... .. like god.