PDA

View Full Version : Some Profound Insights...

yajvan
22 October 2006, 01:34 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Namaste sadaka,

There are a few truth's that I find profound and insightful...let me share two with you. If you care to share yours , please add to this string.

Richo akshare parame vyoman yasmin deva adhi vishve nisheduh,
Yastanna veda kim richa karishyatiya it tad vidus ta ime samasate.
(Rk Veda, 1.164.39)

That is,
The Veda or rks, reside in the transcendental field or akshara, of the highest (parame) etheral Being (vyoman) in which reside all the adhi vishve deva's (or impulses of creative intelligence, the laws of Nature), responsible for the whole manifest universe. He whose awareness is not open (na veda) to this field, what can the verses accomplish for him? Those who know this level of reality are established in evenness (samasate or rest contented) , in That ( Tat or Bhuma, fullness-wholeness of life)."

What does this say in short? Of what use is the ved, for he whom is not becoming established in the Absolute? Where will be the value of this great knowledge other then words... become established in atman, the avyayam (undecaying), the even-ness to reap the full value of the knowledge.

One additional insight from the munduka (the shaving) Upanishad, or ones that are shaved heads ( the yataya, or sanyasin's):

The atman cannot be obtained by much study of the vedas or intelligence or much learning.
He whom the SELF chooses, by him the SELF can be gained. To him the atman reveals its true nature.

For me, this suggests that sadhana is more then study, yet the knowledge is wonderful! The experience of SELF comes not out of a book , but from within, and with His/Her grace.

Yet do we just wait and see? The next verse/mantra/sutra says,
'This atman cannot be attained by one who is destitute of strength or without earnestness of penance without mark ( or focus).
But if the wise (man/woman) strives after IT by those means then the SELF enters into Brahman'.

Being in health ( mind , body and spirit) or strengh, and with focus and resolve (e.g. mark) to strive to IT, Brahman, then one reaches the goal.

pranams,

Satyam jayate anritm - Truth conquers falsehood