PDA

View Full Version : Dissolving into the Universal Consciousness

Eric11235
20 September 2010, 08:40 AM
Vannakam Everybody,

Even though Swami Virajananda says one shouldn't reveal their spiritual experiences except with a guru. I feel that I should tell someone. On the 6th day of my 40 day sadhana, I experienced a magnificent feeling of dissolution. I became one with the universe, and all my individuality ceased to be. It was sublime. I just thought I'd share that my meditation is definitely taking effect. I've become far more peaceful, I'm slower to anger, and I'm improving in all the facets of life I am choosing to meditate on (intellectual, artistic, and musical i.e. saraswati's domain). I wouldn't want anyone sharing their experiences if they believe that this is a private thing. But if one would be comfortable sharing any cosmic experiences they have had, feel welcome to

Namaste

upsydownyupsy mv ss
20 September 2010, 10:01 AM
Vannakam Everybody,

Even though Swami Virajananda says one shouldn't reveal their spiritual experiences except with a guru. I feel that I should tell someone. On the 6th day of my 40 day sadhana, I experienced a magnificent feeling of dissolution. I became one with the universe, and all my individuality ceased to be. It was sublime. I just thought I'd share that my meditation is definitely taking effect. I've become far more peaceful, I'm slower to anger, and I'm improving in all the facets of life I am choosing to meditate on (intellectual, artistic, and musical i.e. saraswati's domain). I wouldn't want anyone sharing their experiences if they believe that this is a private thing. But if one would be comfortable sharing any cosmic experiences they have had, feel welcome to

Namaste

Hello, :) once I too had an experience such as that probably 2 or 3 years ago. In that, there was no more me, but another universal me. In that trance state I could see a purplish light rotating in front of my 2 eyes, it was cool, calm and peaceful. Funny thing is, I never knew what meditation is, someone within me was guiding and instructing me. It was wonderful. That time, there were no desires, love filled me and I had filled the universe. No, I broke free, out of my phoenix egg shell into the reality, I wish to be there again, not trapped here. Virajananda, I dunno who this person is, but I don't agree with not sharing experiences, because, when the paramaguru is within everyone, he comes out when times is required. Nobody knows when he shines his wisdom through whom.

Eastern Mind
20 September 2010, 10:47 AM
Vannakkam Eric and Upsy:

I just want to share the wisdom behind not sharing. It has to do with the (spiritual) ego. Since we are trying to eliminate ego, it is not advised as it can be considered egotistical to talk of or share individual religious experiences. Having said that, I have been just as guilty as anyone at times. There is also a mystical belief of "sacred is secret, secret is sacred". The conclusion here is that sharing diminishes the quality of the experience, and lessens its impact. This is something like 'confidence' between yourself and God. Think of it as what happens to a close friendship when you share (gossip) what someone told you assuming you wouldn't tell anyone else. Certainly such actions diminish the friendship.

One can (obviously) choose to share or not share depending on a huge variety of circumstances.

Aum Namasivaya

yajvan
20 September 2010, 02:34 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

I agree what EM says, yet with a slightly different POV on ego. When we wish to eliminate ego there is no need to feed it. Yet it melts away on its own as one expands. Why so? Because this ego is limiting, constraining. The 'container' one becomes cannot be bound by this ego idea.

So, if one has good experiences - this is fine and suggests progress on the path (adhvan अध्वन् - a road, journey, path). If we are innocent and delighted about an experience this is positive news. Yet the 'test' is - does this experience stay with you during your activity? Are you sustaining both that infinite experience of silence while in activity? This is the next step - this is the basis or karma yoga ( union in action).

praṇām

Eric11235
20 September 2010, 07:14 PM
Eastern Minds,

Thank you for elucidating, the more I think about myself, the more pride I realize I have, even the realization of the indulgence of spiritual vanity is a prideful act. I am eagerly awaiting the day where I need no validation and can just bask in the experiences I have.

Namaste