PDA

View Full Version : Pilot of 'What is Hinduism?'

Alise
20 September 2010, 09:27 AM
Namaste,

I'm pretty sure that not everyone is visiting Himalayan Academy's blog but today I visited it [I do it every day] & saw link to really beautifully made video:
God, Soul and the World (http://vimeo.com/15106829). This video is based on Himalayan Academy's 'What is Hinduism?' book's chapter 3.

Enough said. Hope you like it as much as I did.

Have a nice day,
~Alice

Eastern Mind
20 September 2010, 09:58 AM
Vannakkam:

This video is of such high quality. It reminds me of many teaching videos from my teaching days. Certainly it shares the perspective of various paths, but all held under one hand. Thanks, SA, I noticed it earlier, but your comment got me to actually watch it. I also noticed it was 27 minutes, about the right length to fit into a half hour time slot on TV. So hopefully some mainstream networks can pick it up, as well as the many more to come.

Aum Namasivaya

Alise
20 September 2010, 03:55 PM
Namaste,

Eastern Mind, yes quality is really great, you know it's too bad that too few people will actually see it. [Well I hope many will but still not everyone is Shaiva Siddhanta Hindu & even then not everyone reads Himalayan academy's blog.] I like the way Himalayan academy makes something. [videos, books etc. they make it very interesting...]

Oh & sad thing I read is that video will be released every 3 months, I mean it's a lot of time, it's like when I wait for the magazine to come out, it's online before the actual time but still it felt forever, do you know what I meant? [I ask this, because I usually mess up what I wanted to say]

And the anchor of this video is Bharatanatyam dancer :) Just yesterday I wanted to start to learn this dance... [You can now call me Tamil wannabe... :D]

Have a nice day,
~Alice

P.S. Sorry for going on & off the topic...

Eastern Mind
20 September 2010, 04:30 PM
Vannakkam SA: Tamil wannabe? http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/images/icons/icon7.gif Yes, I know what you mean.

Too many people assume that Himalayan Academy will have a Saiva bias just because its produced by Saivas. I find such videos have no Saiva bias at all. The monks go to great pains to be all-encompassing. They have two mandates. Yes, one is Saiva, but the other is Hindu Solidarity, and this is where these videos come into the picture. Fortunately there are many who see beyond this. Such videos do a whole lot to impart knowledge of 'Hinduism' and to dispel myths.

I'm sure the producers would appreciate such positive comments.

Aum Namasivaya

Ashvati
20 September 2010, 10:19 PM
Vannakkam:

This video is of such high quality. It reminds me of many teaching videos from my teaching days. Certainly it shares the perspective of various paths, but all held under one hand. Thanks, SA, I noticed it earlier, but your comment got me to actually watch it. I also noticed it was 27 minutes, about the right length to fit into a half hour time slot on TV. So hopefully some mainstream networks can pick it up, as well as the many more to come.

Aum Namasivaya
heh I don't watch TV anymore, but in America there are so many commercials on TV that it feels like you only watch maybe 15-20 minutes of an actual show.