PDA

View Full Version : Alien (extra terrestrial) Religions

Eric11235
21 September 2010, 06:22 PM
hello

Although there is no verifiable evidence that proves the existence of aliens, the probability of their existence is very high. Considering there are 400 billion stars in our galaxy alone, assuming that each star has at least 1 planet surrounding it, that is 400 billion+ planets. not to mention the number of galaxies in the observable universe (around 100 billion I believe). So assuming that aliens exist, and that they are sapient, do you think religion has formed in their culture? I for one believe that it is quite a possibility. Even if they are miles more advanced than humans. Cannot one still believe in a god. The way I conceive god is hard to describe. But it has been cemented in my head that "He" exists. So i'm just wondering what other people think on this subject, and if so, how the rituals would be different from ours, based on a variety of factors. Let us discuss the hypothetical

Namaste

saidevo
21 September 2010, 10:17 PM
The shruti states, "anantAH vai vedaH"--"infinite are the Vedas", so the sonic vibrations of the Vedas must exist all through the universe (which in itself is only a partial manifestation of Brahman). Hindu PurANas also talk of BrahmA creating multiple universes using the Vedas.

Thus, if there are ETs with the capabilities of our Vedic sages, they would certainly have established a religion akin to Hindu Dharma on their planets. Even if they were less capable, they would likely have established religions akin to the Western.

Eastern Mind
22 September 2010, 06:43 AM
Vannakkam Eric and Saidevo:

Here's my 'scientific take'. God is endless, the universe expands and contracts. Our souls exist on a planet, but that planet is finite. So if we are to continue evolving, or new souls are created in endless cycles, obviously once this planet dies, and before it got going, we souls had to and will have to live somewhere. The most obvious choice is another planet suitable for the evolution of the soul.

Aum Namasivaya

Adhvagat
22 September 2010, 08:06 AM
It would be a pretty interesting thing if we had contact with Aliens and they knew about the Vedas as well...

But one thing makes me think, would the scriptures also be in Sanskrit? I was never sure about the universality of Sanskrit.

Different worlds following the same tradition to transcendence, this would be a great concrete proof for the Vedas that would inspire religion even in those people that refute the Vedas with material logic.

I'm pretty sure this will happen in the next 5000 years.

Universe united in Hari!

saidevo
22 September 2010, 08:20 AM
namaste Pietro Impagliazzo.

Sanskrit is a language of sounds, which is the reason behind the time immemorial oral tradition of the Vedas. Today, Sanskrit has two scripts--devanAgari and grantha. So, there is a possibility that any Veda-knowing aliens would be following the oral tradition (or more advance, non-verbal, impressionistic forms of communication), but if they use a script to write down, it could be a different one as well, with the only requirement of the scientific organization of the letters and grammar of that script as with Sanskrit's.

ParamahaMsa Yogananda speaks about subtler worlds in different spheres in the chapter where he narrates his guru's post-portem physical manifestation for his sake.

Adhvagat
07 February 2011, 06:32 AM
It is astounding that man, the instigator, inventor and vehicle of all these developments, the originator of all judgments and decisions and the planner of the future, must make himself such a quantité négligeable. The contradiction, the paradoxical evaluation of humanity by man himself, is in truth a matter for wonder, and one can only explain it as springing from an extraordinary uncertainty of judgment — in other words, man is an enigma to himself. This is understandable, seeing that he lacks the means of comparison necessary for self-knowledge. He knows how to distinguish himself from the other animals in point of anatomy and physiology, but as a conscious, reflecting being, gifted with speech, he lacks all criteria for self-judgment. He is on this planet a unique phenomenon which he cannot compare with anything else. The possibility of comparison and hence of self-knowledge would arise only if he could establish relations with quasi-human mammals inhabiting other stars.

Quoted from 'Civilization in Transition (http://www.4shared.com/document/swMR4QUN/CW_OF_CGJUNG_-_Volume_10_-_Civ.htm)' by Carl Gustav Jung.

I have a personal theory that during the apogee of this brief golden age we're currently in, humans of Earth will have contact with humans from other worlds. And since it's still Kali Yuga, the means of travel and contact will be purely physical, however still hihgly beneficial.

My personal theory is that the peculiar characteristic of this brief age of Truth is the encounter of both technological and spiritual advancement (hence this thread (http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=6765)). However, I fear that this very astounding technological advancement will also bring the fall of mankind once again, therefore the end of this brief age and the continuation of Kali Yuga as it was.

Sean
09 February 2011, 02:38 AM
Hi Eric

Although there is no verifiable evidence that proves the existence of aliens, the probability of their existence is very high.

The probability of alien life elsewhere depends on the process by which life formed, which is not well understood.

There are thought to be 10 to the power 22 planets in the universe. However if the probability of life arising on any one of them turns out to be say 10 to the 30 then that'll make it 10 to the 8 or 100 million to one against there being any other life anywhere else in the universe.

It's like saying hey I've bought a thousand lottery tickets this week, I'm sure to win, when in fact the chances of winning are of a far higher probability against.

See the nice article on the Fermi paradox on Wikipedia- on why no contact with aliens has been made.

Sean

charlebs
28 April 2011, 11:52 AM
chances may be variable ranging from highly likely to almost impossible

however if there are alien races they may be evolved in a way that we have not achieved yet. therefore it'd only be wise if they stay away from us for as long as we're possibly demonic in nature.

remember that they also have different manners, and they might be proud of theirs. so if they still have less evolved souls around it would bring conflict. especially since the scapegoats of society would be the out of earthers, if not immediately.

goodlife
28 April 2011, 12:54 PM
Interesting topic.

well there does seem to be a lot of "proof" floating around the net which confirms alien existence and presence on the earth.

they exist even nearer than thought..the moon. please read Ingo Swann's Penetration.its a free e book available on net.

if the mod permits there is a lot of things which could be discussed,may be we can have a separate thread for it.

Hitler's love for Indian and Tibetan culture thru WWII had a lot to do with their secret society and their contact with Aliens from the planet Aldeberan,Taurus constellation. It seems the aliens used to transmit their knowledge to these mediums psychically and which led to germans reportedly making flying saucers. Interestingly the mediums said the aliens used to transmit their knowledge in an Eastern language. now which language could this be...Sanskrit??

No wonder Hitler thought of himself as an aryan

Eastern Mind
28 April 2011, 01:02 PM
Vannakkam : Since the advancement of technology is an intellectual process, and the advancement in spiritual matters is not an intellectual process, I believe that the aliens on other planets would be a varied bunch. there may be some who are technologically advanced but spiritually bankrupt, and there may also be some who are spiritually advanced but technologically bankrupt.

I just hope that if, and when this planet makes contact, it is with a group of could who have some common sense. Otherwise it could be short story.

Aum Namasivaya

goodlife
28 April 2011, 01:13 PM
There already seem to be 87 types of aliens :eek: identified in the net.take it with a bucket of salt.

interestingly classification is on the lines of less spiritual to nice ones who r on different dimension/plane and very spiritual.

Spiritual ones are Nordic/Pleiadians. kindly do relevant searches on google devta.

Evil ones are the popular greys and reptilians.

Adhvagat
28 April 2011, 01:42 PM
Vannakkam : Since the advancement of technology is an intellectual process, and the advancement in spiritual matters is not an intellectual process, I believe that the aliens on other planets would be a varied bunch. there may be some who are technologically advanced but spiritually bankrupt, and there may also be some who are spiritually advanced but technologically bankrupt.

I just hope that if, and when this planet makes contact, it is with a group of could who have some common sense. Otherwise it could be short story.

Aum Namasivaya

I've been having nightmares about UFOs and alien contact since I was kid. Did you as a kid had nightmares/dreams about aliens?

Carl Gustav Jung discusses about this in the book 'Flying Saucers: A Modern Myth of Things Seen in the Skies'. I'm yet to begin reading mine.

Amazon.com Review

While Jung is known mainly for his theories on the nature of the unconscious mind, he did have an interest in the paranormal. In this essay, Jung applies his analytical skills to the UFO phenomenon. Rather than assuming that the modern prevalence of UFO sightings are due to extraterrestrial craft, Jung reserves judgment on their origin and connects UFOs with archetypal imagery, concluding that they have become a "living myth." This essay is intriguing in its methodology and implications as to the nature of UFOs and their relation to the human psyche.

Product Description

"In the threatening situation of the world today, when people are beginning to see that everything is at stake, the projection-creating fantasy soars beyond the realm of earthly organizations and powers into the heavens, into interstellar space, where the rulers of human fate, the gods, once had their abode in the planets.... Even people who would never have thought that a religious problem could be a serious matter that concerned them personally are beginning to ask themselves fundamental questions. Under these circumstances it would not be at all surprising if those sections of the community who ask themselves nothing were visited by `visions,' by a widespread myth seriously believed in by some and rejected as absurd by others."--C. G. Jung, in Flying Saucers

Jung's primary concern in Flying Saucers is not with the reality or unreality of UFOs but with their psychic aspect. Rather than speculate about their possible nature and extraterrestrial origin as alleged spacecraft, he asks what it may signify that these phenomena, whether real or imagined, are seen in such numbers just at a time when humankind is menaced as never before in history. The UFOs represent, in Jung's phrase, "a modern myth."

http://www.amazon.com/Flying-Saucers-Modern-Things-Skies/dp/0691018227/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1304016102&sr=8-1

Eastern Mind
28 April 2011, 03:51 PM
Did you as a kid had nightmares/dreams about aliens?

Vannakkam Pietro: I never had nightmares about UFOs or aliens, even though my brother had a piqued interest in them. (60s) The parents would buy some book like that for him, and me a Sports Illustrated. I'm sure that's how we each learned to read.

My nightmares were about boogy men chasing me, bad storms, and atomic bombs. Once puberty hit, other sorts of dreams took over.

Aum Namasivaya

Adhvagat
28 April 2011, 04:54 PM
When I was around 6 years old I thought atomic bombs were some sort of grenades, that someone could just drop and explode the whole world. I prayed each night so people with bad intentions didn't come anywhere near them. :p

ॐ harsh
20 May 2011, 05:45 PM
Interesting topic.

well there does seem to be a lot of "proof" floating around the net which confirms alien existence and presence on the earth.

they exist even nearer than thought..the moon. please read Ingo Swann's Penetration.its a free e book available on net.

if the mod permits there is a lot of things which could be discussed,may be we can have a separate thread for it.

Hitler's love for Indian and Tibetan culture thru WWII had a lot to do with their secret society and their contact with Aliens from the planet Aldeberan,Taurus constellation. It seems the aliens used to transmit their knowledge to these mediums psychically and which led to germans reportedly making flying saucers. Interestingly the mediums said the aliens used to transmit their knowledge in an Eastern language. now which language could this be...Sanskrit??

No wonder Hitler thought of himself as an aryan

so true thats why he was having swastik sign on the german flag, they were studying our vimanika shastra.

ॐ harsh
20 May 2011, 06:09 PM
hmm, very interesting , well to your answer i must say extra terrestrial coz GOD DOSENT EXIST. And for this post i want that everybody has to open there eyes to see and think again beyond the missing concept which is hybriding the race of us. there are so many proofs in every holy book itself that GOD DOSENT EXIST. But why people are just looking one side of the coin they have to think about the other side too.

In vimanika shastra it is clearly written about how to make space ships or air planes with the metals, and given names too, about how to make electricity generator And it is so true because hitler in WW2 and now americans are researching on this book to make air crafts. if in ancient time god(extra terrestrial) know about this sci fi things then he must be very intelligent with sci fi gadgets and weapons. ther are so many things like why krishna was blue, how can at that time gods can fly, without a craft its impossible, and the most why god was half man and half other creature, hmm must be having good knowledge of DNA. And dont try to make GOD a good person everyone knows god has done so many bad things too.

hmm just think if cricket will be played in the ancient time i must say SACHIN will be having most of the cricket god temples in India.

in the end i want to say GOD dosent exist they were all good beings to teach and help us because of the hybriding here in earth they want us to live in peace.

satay
21 May 2011, 08:48 PM
namaste,
I have been watching the series called 'Ancient Aliens' on History Channel. Interesting to say the least. Yet, I am not ready to accept that lord krishna was a blue alien. :)

cmorel02
03 June 2011, 12:48 PM
The Veda speaks about other world systems. So there probably are aliens. And I'm pretty sure that they too would have something very similar to the Sanathana Dharma in their world systems.

Jainarayan
04 June 2011, 12:40 PM
namaste,
I have been watching the series called 'Ancient Aliens' on History Channel. Interesting to say the least. Yet, I am not ready to accept that lord krishna was a blue alien. :)

I watched the series several times. It was like watching a serious car crash on the interstate, or a train wreck. You know it's wrong to look, but you can't turn away.

I don't doubt the existence of intelligent beings elsewhere in the universe(s), but the show failed to provide credible or tangible proof. Actually they backed into their theory, which wasn't a theory at all. They made a statement and grasped for reasons to support it.

The show's use of the Mahābhārata (I have to keep using Wikipedia to get the right short and long vowels :o ) and vimānas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vimana) being spaceships was alternately laughable and offensive. The word has a few meanings in Sanskrit, not only "flying vehicles".

The scientist, Robert Cargill, Ph.D. who played the role of skeptic and devil's advocate was cut very short in his refutations. He went into it more on his website.

The show was purely entertainment, imo. But again, I have no doubt about the existence of other civilizations. Even the Vatican accepts the probability of it.

JaiMaaDurga
06 July 2011, 05:09 PM
I cannot help but imagine that intelligent life does indeed exist elsewhere; however, whether or not proof of this is possible, or even likely, depends greatly on Drake's equation (and the variables therein being accurately determined). As far as the whole "Ancient Astronaut" concept is concerned, while Arthur C. Clarke probably had the most well-thought-out version of it in "2001", I still cannot put much weight in such things... I detect error within the underlying assumption that our distant ancestors were somehow less intellectually capable than we are today... science does not support this.
I sense also a need by some modern people to replace the old stories with something less "hokey" or "superstitious"... yet, how is it more sophisticated to simply put at one further remove the basic questions of existence? In other words- say hypothetically that ETs came here 5 or 500 million years ago and were not only motivated, but wise and technologically advanced enough, to manipulate the genetics and environment as to result in the world we know today... they still had to originate from somewhere, yes? They still exist within the material plane, yes? Therefore, while I do not reject the idea of aliens, if they do show up, they are no devas or asuras to me- just more manifestations of Devi's lila... perhaps they could teach me a new way to say, PREM SE BOLO JAI MATA DI ;)

Adhvagat
03 August 2011, 02:29 AM
According to the Rig-Veda, an ancient king of India named Salva, acquired a flying machine from Maya Danava, who lived in Taltala, another planetary system. This and many other parts of the Sanskrit texts indicate that extraterrestrial life was a common knowledge at that time.

One might argue that the references to flying machines and beings from other planets are just a symbolic way to depict the Hindu gods, but the fact that five thousand years ago the Indian civilization already knew about different planetary systems, admitted life in other planets, could envision air machines powered by engines and pulses, is intriguing enough. It’s important to remember that only fairly recently did the western world admit that the earth isn’t the centre of the universe and even today some people find it impossible to imagine life in other planets.

Vedas are called Apaurusheya meaning ‘NOT of human origin’, and only the contents of which were directly revealed to man.

http://www.ancientaliens.biz/tag/maya-danava/

mahax
06 August 2011, 04:09 PM
most is not all religions say that the gods came from above and mixed with us humans..the oldest civilization say's that we humans were manufactured to be slaves to mine minerals for them ..until the great flood and as being human rebelled agains't them..

i believe that there is other forms of intelligent life in the universe and that we humans are really not native to this planet anyway ..like many of the ancient clay tablets suggest..

but all in all there had to be a supreme creative intelligence to get the ball rolling
in our existence and other forms of intelligent life in the universe.

the same power exists and is called many names here and throughout the universe

jai kali ma

Adhvagat
06 August 2011, 11:48 PM
Yes Mahax, I think it's foolish to think that God is an alien.

For the abrahamic strictly personal and partial God concept, it's a not surprise that someone sees God as a regular person. But all Hindu sects even personalists, dualists understand that God is inconceivable and the attribute of being a personality does not equal being human.

It's also foolish to think that the only human-like race is us and from this planet alone.

SanathanaDharma
10 August 2011, 05:02 AM
Dear Friend,

The story of Shalva is also mentioned in the video[partially]
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xfmidj_underwater-worlds-3-ancient-aliens-dwaraka_webcam

and this is also very beautifully described in many places in our sacred books...some of the prominent ones where detailed description can be found are

Srimad Bhagawata: 10th Canto 76th Chapter
Mahabharatha: Vana Parva, 3rd section

First of all a brief summary and the important parts of the story

Summary: Sri Krishna was attending the Rajasuya yagna, performed by Dharmaraja in Indraprastha...at the end of the yagna, the "Agra pooja"[pooja done to the most noble person present] was to be performed...everyone including Bheshma suggested that only Sri Krishna is the one who is eligible for this pooja...Shishupaala and his friends opposed this idea as he was against Sri Krishna[Rukmini's brother Rukmi had promised Rukmini's hand in marriage with Shishupal, but Sri Krishna had eloped Rukmini]...Sri Krishna had promised Shishupala's mother that 108 mistakes committed by him would be forgiven....Shishupala had crossed the limit and thus Sri Krishna with Sudarshana chakra killed him....

Shalva was a very close friend of Shishupala...when he got to know about this news, [some say he approached Parameshwara and Parameshwara redirected him to Maya, the architect for Danavas]...once Shalva met the Danava architect Maya, he requested him to build this spaceship as follows...

bahu-rūpaika-rūpaḿ tad
dṛśyate na ca dṛśyate
māyā-mayaḿ maya-kṛtaḿ
durvibhāvyaḿ parair abhūt
SYNONYMS

bahu — with many; rūpa — forms; eka — with one; rūpam — form; tat — that (Saubha airship); dṛśyate — is seen; na — not;ca — and; dṛśyate — is seen; māyā-mayam — magical; maya — by Maya Dānava; kṛtam — made; durvibhāvyam — impossible to find; paraiḥ — by the enemy (the Yādavas); abhūt — it became.
TRANSLATION

At one moment the magic airship built by Maya Dānava appeared in many identical forms, and the next moment it was again only one. Sometimes it was visible, and sometimes not. Thus Śālva's opponents could never be sure where it was.
[http://vedabase.net/sb/10/76/21/en]

kvacid bhūmau kvacid vyomni
giri-mūrdhni jale kvacit
alāta-cakra-vad bhrāmyat
saubhaḿ tad duravasthitam
SYNONYMS

kvacit — at one moment; bhūmau — on the earth; kvacit — at one moment; vyomni — in the sky; giri — of a mountain;mūrdhni — on the top; jale — in the water; kvacit — at one moment; alāta-cakra — a whirling firebrand; vat — like; bhrāmyat— wandering; saubham — Saubha; tat — that; duravasthitam — never remaining in one place.
TRANSLATION

From one moment to the next the Saubha airship appeared on the earth, in the sky, on a mountain peak or in the water. Like a whirling, flaming baton, it never remained in any one place.

[http://vedabase.net/sb/10/76/22/en]

Thus this vehicle which was a spaceship + submarine + land-rover was designed and build by Maya...using this Shalva tried to attack Dwaraka, when Sri Krishna was still in Indraprasta...Pradhyumna, the son of Sri Krishna and Rukmini, fought bravely till Sri Krishna got back...and once Sri Krishna got back to Dwaraka,

tām āpatantīḿ nabhasi
maholkām iva raḿhasā
bhāsayantīḿ diśaḥ śauriḥ
sāyakaiḥ śatadhācchinat
SYNONYMS

tām — that; āpatantīm — flying toward; nabhasi — in the sky; mahā — great; ulkām — a meteor; iva — like; raḿhasā — swiftly; bhāsayantīm — illuminating; diśaḥ — the directions; śauriḥ — Lord Kṛṣṇa; sāyakaiḥ — with His arrows; śatadhā — inhundreds of pieces; acchinat — cut.
TRANSLATION

Śālva's hurtling spear lit up the whole sky like a mighty meteor, but Lord Śauri tore the great weapon into hundreds of pieces with His arrows.
[http://vedabase.net/sb/10/77/13/en]
Sri Krishna killed Shalva as it was told in the video...
ādhāvataḥ sa-gadaḿ tasya bāhuḿ
bhallena chittvātha rathāńgam adbhutam
vadhāya śālvasya layārka-sannibhaḿ
bibhrad babhau sārka ivodayācalaḥ
SYNONYMS

ādhāvataḥ — running toward Him; sa-gadam — carrying his club; tasya — his; bāhum — arm; bhallena — with a special kind of arrow; chittvā — severing; atha — then; ratha-ańgam — His disc weapon; adbhutam — wonderful; vadhāya — for the killing; śālvasya — of Śālva; laya — at the time of universal annihilation; arka — the sun; sannibham — exactly resembling;bibhrat — holding; babhau — He shone; sa-arkaḥ — together with the sun; iva — as if; udaya — of the sunrise; acalaḥ — the mountain.
TRANSLATION

As Śālva rushed at Him, the Lord shot a bhalla dart and cut off his arm that held the club. Having finally decided to killŚālva, Kṛṣṇa then raised His Sudarśana disc weapon, which resembled the sun at the time of universal annihilation. The brilliantly shining Lord appeared like the easternmost mountain bearing the rising sun.

[http://vedabase.net/sb/10/77/35/en]

Some important points: Maya, the architect for Danavas has build many such space ships, space cities[Tripurantaka story]...mentioning of such highly sophisticated vehicles, machines, missiles, weapons, etc is very common...its only the so-called pseudo-modern scientists of today who are under the illusion that they are advanced...where as on the contrary they are light years behind.....

Kismet
10 August 2011, 11:16 AM
Namaste, Eastern Mind

Vannakkam Eric and Saidevo:

Here's my 'scientific take'. God is endless, the universe expands and contracts. Our souls exist on a planet, but that planet is finite. So if we are to continue evolving, or new souls are created in endless cycles, obviously once this planet dies, and before it got going, we souls had to and will have to live somewhere. The most obvious choice is another planet suitable for the evolution of the soul.

Aum Namasivaya

It is noteworthy that you say that "new souls" are created in endless cycles. If I am not mistaken the traditional view (per Dharma) is that there are no new souls: the soul is eternal, as it were.

But I am actually in agreement with you. Nor are we the only ones to think this way. If I'm not mistaken Sri Aurobindo believed new ego-consciousnesses arose from the "Inconscience" - that mass or void depicted somewhere in the Rg-Veda from which all the potentialities of this world come to be.

In the Mundaka Upanishad we have that well-worn story of two birds in one tree: the individual I or jiva consciousness, and the Witness-consciousness who is supposed to be Ishvara or Brahman or Paramatman (I am not sure which).

Is it perhaps that it is the witness consciousness which is really eternal, and it is the first bird, always desiring and grasping, which is the outcome of fluctuating potentiality?

Eastern Mind
10 August 2011, 02:43 PM
Namaste, Eastern Mind

It is noteworthy that you say that "new souls" are created in endless cycles. If I am not mistaken the traditional view (per Dharma) is that there are no new souls: the soul is eternal, as it were.

But I am actually in agreement with you. Nor are we the only ones to think this way. If I'm not mistaken Sri Aurobindo believed new ego-consciousnesses arose from the "Inconscience" - that mass or void depicted somewhere in the Rg-Veda from which all the potentialities of this world come to be.

In the Mundaka Upanishad we have that well-worn story of two birds in one tree: the individual I or jiva consciousness, and the Witness-consciousness who is supposed to be Ishvara or Brahman or Paramatman (I am not sure which).

Is it perhaps that it is the witness consciousness which is really eternal, and it is the first bird, always desiring and grasping, which is the outcome of fluctuating potentiality?

Vannakkam Kismet: I don't know the traditional view. I think, but am probably wrong, that there is more than one.

In my observations, the idea of young and old soul just explains a lot. I don't know how else one can explain the difference between a criminal and a guru, for example.

I also don't believe individual souls are eternal. I do think the essence of the soul, the Self, is identical in essence to Brahman, which is eternal. But that's not the soul. So at the end point is water into water, not salt into water, remaining forever 'different' in some way.

I agree with the Mundaka Upanishad view.

Aum Namasivaya