PDA

View Full Version : Google Search

Adhvagat
22 September 2010, 08:33 AM
I read a lot of threads of this site, sometimes I open more than 10 threads and begin reading them, so sometimes I forgot which thread I read somethng from, Google Search is better at finding a page through several loose keywords than the forum engine... I also read a thread with people asking for Google Search in the site (back in 2008), so I put a Google Custom Search together.

Of course you can just configure which site to search from on the Google site, but sometimes even I get lazy at that... :)

Here's the link: http://www.google.com.br/cse/home?cx=008854145361391406897:rb8wg8dgi2u

Hope it helps...

saidevo
22 September 2010, 08:42 AM
Nice work. Could be helpful if English is used in the search home page.

Perhaps Satay might have a look and consider this google-hdf search as an additional feature in HDF.

Ekanta
22 September 2010, 11:01 AM
nice... you could also use search string:
blabla site:www.hindudharmaforums.com
replace "blabla" with what you search for!

Personally I use google toolbar which has that option among others.

Adhvagat
22 September 2010, 09:49 PM
Ekanta suggestion is a quick way to do this... Perhaps I should be less tamasic with search engines.

We now want technology to serve us wholy! hehehe

Saidevo, it's now in english. Google automatically set to the language I use by default in its services.

Friend from the West
18 April 2011, 09:01 PM
Namaste Pietro,
Thanks. The site that you provided will be very helpful. Appreciate it.
Peace,
Rich

I read a lot of threads of this site, sometimes I open more than 10 threads and begin reading them, so sometimes I forgot which thread I read somethng from, Google Search is better at finding a page through several loose keywords than the forum engine... I also read a thread with people asking for Google Search in the site (back in 2008), so I put a Google Custom Search together.

Of course you can just configure which site to search from on the Google site, but sometimes even I get lazy at that... :)

Here's the link: http://www.google.com.br/cse/home?cx=008854145361391406897:rb8wg8dgi2u

Hope it helps...