PDA

View Full Version : A question regarding six verses of the Devi Mahatmya

KaliBhakta
28 September 2010, 01:26 AM
Namaskar!

I have a mentor, a priest of Kali Ma, who once told me that the Verse 11:10, the one I have in my signature, is one of six that, when chanted in japa, counts as one full recital of the text. I asked him, out of curiosity what the other five are. He did not know, and he himself would like to know.

I thank you all for your time, and I am deeply grateful to have the chance to ask.

upsydownyupsy mv ss
30 September 2010, 04:42 AM
Namaskar!

I have a mentor, a priest of Kali Ma, who once told me that the Verse 11:10, the one I have in my signature, is one of six that, when chanted in japa, counts as one full recital of the text. I asked him, out of curiosity what the other five are. He did not know, and he himself would like to know.

I thank you all for your time, and I am deeply grateful to have the chance to ask.

Hello.... I'm sure this information is unrelated, but may help you get the answer. Once, when I was in the annapoorneshwari temple, I recall, addressing mother as 'ashta chakra nivasini.' I got confused. 'There are only 7 kundalini chakras, which is this eight one?', I thought. I counted the chakras on the temple wall. There was 7 not 8. I couldn't figure it out. Then I thought again, 'We are in a cycle of birth and death, if each realm or world (Bhoo, Bhuvah, Svah, Mahaa, Janah, Tapah, Satya.) as we call it, represents a chakra, then the 8th world must be a world beyond these 7 worlds, but where? Ah of course! Mother herself is the eight chakra which contains the 7 chakras within herself.' May be I'm wrong, I'm not sure if I'm right. What I'm trying to say is, messages are hidden in front of our eyes, all we need is to 'open' them. U say 5....:headscratch: 5.....:headscratch:. 5 reminds me of the panchakshari. Namah Shivaya. Maybe its a clue. Hey it wouldn't be called your knowledge if the guru teaches you everything. Maybe our mother Kali wants you to figure it out for yourself. We have to walk on our own feet. The guru is a guide who guides the way, but it is we who have to walk.

KaliBhakta
30 September 2010, 04:31 PM
Thank you for your incite, I will have to mull that over and think about it, it is an interesting new view to be sure!