PDA

View Full Version : Best Wishes

atanu
29 September 2010, 12:14 AM
Namaste Friends

As noted in another thread, i become emotional and egoistic when defending good names of Hindu teachers from being besmirched. As that condition is not going to change, i withdraw myself from the forum, for keeping my peace.

Thanks to all HDF members and Satay.

Best Wishes to all.

Om Namah Shivaya

kallol
29 September 2010, 12:23 AM
Namaste Friends

As noted in another thread, i become emotional and egoistic when defending good names of Hindu teachers from being besmirched. As that condition is not going to change, i withdraw myself from the forum, for keeping my peace.

Best Wishes to all.

Om Namah Shivaya

Oh !!! No !!!

Do not leave us. No one is perfect. We all are here to improve ourselves by learning from each other.

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!!!

Love and best wishes

sm78
29 September 2010, 12:30 AM
i withdraw myself from the forum, for keeping my peace.

good luck with both the noble objectives.

Ao
29 September 2010, 12:31 AM
Namaste Friends

Best Wishes to all.

Om Namah Shivaya

I agree with Kallol, please don't go! We cannot afford to lose your insight and teaching. Please, reconsider your decision, and if you must go for now than perhaps you would be able to come back at some point in the future.

rkpande
29 September 2010, 12:40 AM
dear atanu ji'
please,we do not want the sane voice of hdf to go silent.
i was told as a boy --the elephant doesnt bother about the barks of the dogs when it walks the street.
please reconsider yr decision.
regards
rk

saidevo
29 September 2010, 01:18 AM
namaste Atanu.

I understand your anguish and hope that time will heal it. I won't ask you to reconsider your decision to quit this time, but I feel you might rest a while like TTA and then come back.

May guru RamaNa and Parameshvara give you the peace you are looking for in action and inaction.

Ekanta
29 September 2010, 02:43 AM
Do as you want, but you will be missed. Perhaps take a timeout and post now and then.

devotee
29 September 2010, 02:52 AM
Namaste Friends

Best Wishes to all.

Om Namah Shivaya

Namaste All,

Sorry friends, I decided to go silent some time back. However, Atanu's decision to depart is something which compelled me to write something.

Uncalled for attacks on revered saints that too in derogatory overtones by some our friends on this forum has what pained me a lot here. This when comes from a born Hindu (who is supposed to be aware of finer points of spirituality that we all boast of) is highly shocking.

I could not find the thread which was the bone of contention for which Atanu has decided to leave. However, what I remember is that there was an article by some foreinger who had described Shri Ramkrishna in a highly derogatory way & has branded many great saints in HInduism in bad light. I would like to comment something here :

a) Let's remember that true knowledge is not gained by reading books or getting degree in a college. It is gained only by direct experience. The true meaning of scriptures cannot be understood only by literal meaning of that scripture unless one has experienced One-ness with the soul who authored that scriptures. Therefore, in Hinduism we don't give credence to the meaning of scriptures as told by a university scholar unless that matches with the meaning told by some God-realised saint.

b) The above point must be understood carefully because here we differ greatly from Abrahimic religions. In Abrahimic religion, you can get a Ph.D. on the Bible or Q'uran and your word is taken for granted as the true meaning of the scriptures. And the results are the genocides made in the name of cristianity. Judaism & Islam & never ending hatred against fellow human beings. That is how spiritually bankrupt people like Zakir Naik become hero of the masses.

c) The scholar who was quoted by Atanu refers to Shri Ramkrishna again and again as illiterate as if it was shocking for him to accept that an illterate person could be taken so seriously ! That only shows his spiritual bankrupcy. The truth is that Sri Ramkrishna is a Ph.D. in spirituality by dint of his being God-realised whereas this university trained person is an illiterate in spirituality. In India we have thousands of such great saints who could be called illiterates. However, this cannot be accepted by those who never had any serious encounter with mysticism which is the real spirituality & that goes beyond the boundaries of religions.

Those who take pleasure in belittling and bad-mouthing Sri Ramkrishna, Swami Vivekananda or any other mystic, would do great service to themselves if they devote more time to study Upanishads or any Vedantic literature & make themselves aware of the inherent teachings contained in them.

Showing disgrace to Sun doesn't make us greater than the Sun.

Note for Satay :

My request to you is to control such uncalled for attacks. There is no one here who can be regarded closer to status of Sri Ramkrishna, Swami Vivekananda, Ramana Maharishi etc. even by a distance of thousands of mlies & therefore no one is competent enough to speak ill of them.

No true seeker would accept such attacks on revered mystics.

Best wishes to you all ...

devotee

Ganeshprasad
29 September 2010, 05:19 AM
Pranam Atanu ji

i can understand your reasons to want to quit but i thought you were a fighter, Satay ji is a great admin here, therefore i was also surprised that he chose to support the Western devotees, not that is anything wrong with it but in his post he came across saying not to attack western scholars personally but he found ok that revered gurus can be vilified yet expect their devotees to remain unemotional. I am sure he did not mean that way but that is the affect of vak.

this forum would be poorer without you in fact i will have to consider my continued presence here and may join devotee ji in vanvas.

Jai Shree Krishna

NayaSurya
29 September 2010, 05:21 AM
Forgive my own inability to cipher through much of what was posted and then to come up with something which would not be discounted for my own illiteracy. Also there is a flu here and being so far into the fasting...I got it very badly.:(

Once upon a time I was called many names here on this forum...things said to me, not even the lowest being would say to me in real life.

It was then I realized that no matter how hard you try, there will always be ones to come along to derail your progress...try to steal your peace.

I had only two choices. Leave and do not allow them to derail me. Or...
Stay and do not allow them to derail me.

See...leaving or staying here isn't the real thing which prevents them from destroying your peace. It's you...and pehaps hugs from friends.

So here is a hug, from someone you would hopefully consider a friend.
Hugs<3

NayaSurya
29 September 2010, 05:25 AM
All of you are precious pieces to a very large puzzle for some of us. So I would beg for those of you leaving or have gone. Do not take your light away from this place of learning.

kd gupta
29 September 2010, 05:36 AM
This is not fair . I request you both , Atanuji and Devoteeji , to pl continue . People like you are supposed to enlighten the members specially from outside India . There may be differences in opinions but that are the points of discussion and not for the conflict .Satayji is there and I have a high respect for his competence . These four lines from Ramcharitmanas will take you both back as I know you people being Shiva loving .
eka bara hara mandira japata raheun siva nama,
gura ayau abhimana te uthi nahi kinha pranama.
so dayala nahi kaheu kachhu ura na rosa lavalesa,
ati agha gura apamanata sahi nahi sake mahesa.
One day I was repeating shiva.s Name in a temple sacred to Lord Hara, when my
Guru came in; but in my pride I did not rise to greet him. He was too gracious to say
anything; neither did he feel the least resentment in his heart. But the grievous sin of showing
disrespect to a Guru was more than the great Lord shiva could tolerate.

Aum namah shivay

Eastern Mind
29 September 2010, 07:52 AM
Vannakkam all: Best wishes from me to anyone who leaves this forum. I respect these types of decisions, as it is not for me to judge. Fortunately, life goes on when someone leaves. Many have left before, although there is a difference between long term members, and those who come and make one or two posts. The other thing is we all have personal lives to attend to, and none of us actually know much about each other. Certainly HDF should in no way get in the way of family dharmas to attend to.

I have considered leaving myself on several occasions, but for whatever reason, tend to get re-invigorated, over some time. This past week, while watching the universalism debate go in circles was especially difficult. To me, it seemed to be an overly competitive debate, so I withdrew myself. I have also witnessed young people leave when someone states they think an opinion is stupid, in those words.

On the sign up sheet, we are asked to state our purpose for coming here. I think, like many life decisions, we have to re-evaluate that once in a while. Such questions as "What am I getting out of HDF these days?" or "Is this place stressing me out?" need to be asked. If you can look in a mirror and say "nothing much" to the first question, and "yes" to the second, then it is time to go, although it could be temporarily.

From my observation, most Hindus, by nature, are soft and sensitive. This comes from sadhana, and is one of the glories of our faith, as it has this way of turning us into nicer people. So when harsh words are hurled, it is quite natural for us to react. It hurts to be told you're stupid, or your argumnent is just plain dumb, or you're not a 'real' Hindu. So when a place like HDF starts bothering you, you're quite justified in just getting up and leaving.

I learned the hard way while still in my teaching career that if an obnoxious parent comes in for a parent-teacher conference, that I had the right to just get up and leave, maybe saying something like, "Please come back when you're calmer."

I don't think anyone other than a troll comes here to intentionally offend. Opinions get expressed, and offense is taken. They are all opinions, and none are more valid than the next. Of course this is just my opinion.

Aum Namasivaya

Sahasranama
29 September 2010, 08:57 AM
I am not going to write a melodramatic post. But I can understand that you need a break from the heated debates on the forums. I agree with Satay's decision to step in the discussion. I hope you'll get some time to reflect and come back with an open mind.

atanu
30 September 2010, 08:05 AM
I am not going to write a melodramatic post. But I can understand that you need a break from the heated debates on the forums. I agree with Satay's decision to step in the discussion. I hope you'll get some time to reflect and come back with an open mind.

Namaste

I deserve two last posts.

You are correct. A social scientist may read Kanchi Paramacharya's book and very calmly, rationally, and scratching his goatee, say " Kanchi Paramacharya may be a holy man, but I think, he is somewhat closed". But on encountering the unsolvable problem of life he will either take blood pressure medicine or some other drugs or will submit to Paramacharya or a similar sage. That I call is open - open to drastic change.

I, however, am closed in believing that Kanchi Paramacharya, who is God's own man, gives the eternal law for me to follow. That no doubt is closed.

Vannakkam:

How soon we all forget. This was from Dec. 9 to 30 of 2009. Its been less than a year for the points to be regurgitated again. A few different people I suppose. Maybe its a good thing that our sadhana has made it that we lose irrelevant information to distant memory. That time there were 136 posts. This time is less so far at least.

http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=4982

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste EM

May be irrelevant things remain in mind but the real is forgotten? At least that is what scriptures say. You have mentioned somewhere that Hindus are sensitive. I will remind you of the time when a member spoke harshly on the topic of 'clear white light'. I sensed your discomfort at that time. We do forget.

In the above thread that you have cited, a respected member had cited the article " The Sword of Kali". Had we read it at that time, we would not allow the topic to be raised again, knowing how hollow the claim that Hindu teachers, particularly Shri Ramakrishna, were ignorant of authentic hinduism was. Because no one read the link, I wished to serialise it here. If one had read "The sword of Kali" in the above post at that time, with genuine intention of understanding the issue, one would surely try to reason with members who were positing the rambling of Dr. Morales as rational against that of Kanchi Paramacharya as untrue. To me it is unfortunate and I am surprised that some do not find any abnormality in this. I never did expect any reasonableness from you on this issue, since I sensed your support for Frank Morales.

Regards and Thanks for discussions.

Om Namah Shivaya

atanu
30 September 2010, 08:24 AM
To all friends

Love to you all and for your sweet posts. We do miss each other.

However, my withdrawal is no one else's loss. I will also gain. I also do not rule out that pending clearing of some clouds that have come between me and Admin, I may post again in future?

Ganeshprasadji

I am no doubt a fighter but I cannot do so here because i wish the forum success in spreading the lofty message of sanatan dharma. I cannot argue against my wish.

Saidevoji

I assure that I have no anguish at all. The goal is common -- . But I surely wish that HDF will be more careful about denigration of Hindu teachers.

Naya

My hug to you. Love and best wishes.

Devotee, Kallol, Ao, Ekanta, Pandeyji and Guptaji

Thanks all to you. HDF should prosper in auspicious ways and if the clouds go, I may post again in future? I do not know the future and I do not have a sankalpa. But at this juncture it is not a possibilty. I respect Admin and wish HDF success. Thank you for your sweet support, which I will cherish.

Regards to all

Information

I did take the fight to where it belongs, to dharmacentral. I registered there as 'atanu', and posted a three line post in a thread there named "Hindu Universalism", hosted there by one Tulasi Devi. I asked as to where Shri Ramakrishna has taught that all religions were same?

My post was there for two hours. Then it was removed. I tried to login with my user name 'atanu' and the reply page said "Please Register". Any one else may also try.

So, I say, ------.

Best wishes again for great spiritual successes.

Om Namah Shivaya

saidevo
30 September 2010, 08:39 AM
namaste Atanu.

I am not surprised with your experience at the Dharma Central forum. It was only to be expected. This only confirms my opinion that a converted Western Hindu can never become a Hindu guru aligned with the Hindu tradition, unless he/she lives in India, learns Sanskrit and studies under a traditional AchArya, at least for some years.

But then how many of such Western Hindus would be willing to become like Jon B.Higgins, the accalimed CarnAtiK musician?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V36BKp38ZI
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_B._Higgins
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=opera&hs=GzJ&rls=en&q=&#37;22john+higgins%22+karnatic&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

satay
30 September 2010, 09:44 AM
Namaste Atanu,

In one of the books that I have been reading lately, the author mentions something called ‘rnanubhandan’. He mentions that we are related to the people we interact with because of this ‘rnanubandhan’. We have some sort of ‘rn’ from past lives with the people we come in contact with.

I believe that this ‘anu’ bhandhan binds us to our family, our friends, our co-workers, strangers that just happen to be at the right place to lend a helping hand and internet friends. From this I deduce that you and I and all the members we interact with here on HDF are connected with each other because of ‘rnanubandhan’ from past lives. The author also discusses that we must not push others into doing things that are outside of the rn that already exists between us. Of course, the catch is unless we are a realised soul, we don’t know where that line in the sand is thus unknowingly we create more rn and more anu bhandhans and thus the kreeda/play continues.

With that in the background, I respectfully accept your decision to take a break from HDF. I will not ask you to stay because I don’t want to create more rn unknowingly. Your account will be in good standing though I might restrict its access for security reasons. If you decide to post again, simply post and your account will be reverted back to normal and this time we have a new forum called 'Universalism' on HDF to contain the topic.

Good luck and best wishes to you and your family.

atanu
30 September 2010, 10:09 AM
Namaste Atanu,

In one the books that I have been reading lately, the author mentions something called ‘rnanubhandan’. .

Namaste satay

You are reading the correct book. This world is a place for returning the debts (rnin) -- even with unpleasant duties and violence and love. Knowing that we Hindus love all -- at least we try. We repay the debts to devas and rishis and for the wrongs -- and then we are free. Unless we create new rnin by supporting wrong things.

I understand you. You have HDF to manage. I do not have any such obligation. I have some others. Best Wishes for you, your family and HDF.

Om Namah Shivaya

Adhvagat
30 September 2010, 10:20 AM
Do what you think is best for you.

But please be merciful with those not so intelligent, like me, and post again in the future.

Hari Om Tat Sat!

kd gupta
02 October 2010, 11:31 PM
Do what you think is best for you.

But please be merciful with those not so intelligent, like me, and post again in the future.

Hari Om Tat Sat!
PL wait atanuji to explain it....

Shraddhaavaan labhate jnaanam tatparah samyatendriyah;
Jnaanam labdhvaa paraam shaantim achirenaadhigacchati.

The man who is full of faith, who is devoted to it, and who has subdued all the senses,
obtains (this) knowledge; and, having obtained the knowledge, he goes at once to the supreme
peace.

So do you find bhakti above gyan ?