PDA

View Full Version : verdict

sringeri
30 September 2010, 08:32 AM
Namaste,

Many of us would be aware of the Ayodhya verdict by now.To my son it is something he has read /heard of . I was a witness to the babri masjid demolition and the aftermath .

As the Nat'l defence minister says Have we moved on or ..... what do you think on this ?

Sringeri

Ashvati
30 September 2010, 11:15 AM
I'm not aware, sadly. Could you elaborate on this for me? The only thing that comes to mind is that I heard a year or two ago (not even certain of the timeframe), the last mosque in Ayodhya was demolished and it caused riots.

NayaSurya
30 September 2010, 11:30 AM
The government ruled today that the land will be split three ways. But, the central dome still remains with Hindu, thankfully.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Ayodhya-land-to-be-divided-into-three-parts-lawyers/H1-Article1-606452.aspx

Ashvati
30 September 2010, 11:56 AM
...wow. I'm not sure how to feel about this. I just hope things are more peaceful than they've been, after the initial reaction many will take at least.

Riverwolf
30 September 2010, 01:10 PM
In my opinion, it's better that the area be split rather than constantly defile the place with bloodshed.

IMO, holy sites belong to God alone, and nobody can claim it as theirs alone, but rather, anyone should be able to pray in them as they saw fit.

rcscwc
01 October 2010, 12:00 AM
I'm not aware, sadly. Could you elaborate on this for me? The only thing that comes to mind is that I heard a year or two ago (not even certain of the timeframe), the last mosque in Ayodhya was demolished and it caused riots.
Papers are full of it. News channels too are having a field day. Check any of them.

rcscwc
01 October 2010, 12:03 AM
In my opinion, it's better that the area be split rather than constantly defile the place with bloodshed.

IMO, holy sites belong to God alone, and nobody can claim it as theirs alone, but rather, anyone should be able to pray in them as they saw fit.
So it does. Ram Lalla's claim has been upheld.

Too late for such pious opinions.

kallol
01 October 2010, 01:22 PM
Though I want communal harmony but some of the facts are glaring which provoke bias.

1. Islam is not an Indian religion (as is Christianity) but the muslims in India definitely are Indians.

2. Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism, Jainism are the major religions of India.

3. Ram belongs to Hindu religion though other Indian religions also revere and accept Him.

4. Ram janambhoomi is in Ayoddha from the entire period of history. The birth palce has been revered and celebrated throughout the history. This is a continuity of faith and fact. It is not a place which has been indentified suddenly.

5. A temple was there and the mosque like structure was put on that. One judge says the temple was not demolished but the mosque was built over the ruins. Other judges (2) disagreed. A place revered by people as their God's birth place cannot be allowed by people to built a mosque. By logic it came into existence by force or against the will of the people to put a stamp of authority of the power and supremacy of their religion. It used to be done in history to destroy the very base of the native belief.

6. India got independence in 1947 as a nation. But for Hinduism, which is there for ages, it is a continuity. The faith, that too the fact like Ram janambhoomi, being subjected to rule of new India without considering the history and the continuity factor is deemed to hurt the Indian culture.

7. Ram and Krishna belong to India and not Mecca. Their birth places are known from ages and those are revered. Being Indian, all citizens irrespective of religions, should accept this fact and accomodate. Just as they would feel hurt if their sacred place is turned into something else (whether by nature or by force).

8. People destroying temples by force and power, and building mosques are against their religion also. If proofs are there, they should atone for their ancestors guilt. This will bring more communal harmony.

9. Hindus have no history of destroying others religion and their sacred places. They have been passive through out the history. They have promoted justice, trade, knowledge and tolerance. It is time they get back some of their glory.

Love and best wishes

TatTvamAsi
05 October 2010, 02:23 AM
Hopefully the Ram temple will be constructed there quickly!

JAI SRI RAM!