PDA

View Full Version : Why did Prabhupada mention the 'Illuminati'?

Adhvagat
04 October 2010, 03:45 PM
That's the one thing from Prabhupada that makes me scratch my head...

I'm still investigating this whole 'Illuminati' phenomenon lately, from several points of view, but still nothing to conclude.

All I could conclude from all of this 'Illuminati' confusion lately is that everything mentioned about it just sounds like the description of the asura mentality as presented in the BG.

I bring this question to you all because perhaps here I can hear opinions from people older than me, that lived more, read more and can shed a light on this.

Sorry for not being something constructive about spirituality, but I must say that this obscure topic really affects me.

Hari Om Tat Sat.

Sahasranama
04 October 2010, 04:36 PM
Before we jump to conclusions, could you post the text or a link to the text you are talking about and what is your relationship with the illuminati?

Adhvagat
04 October 2010, 06:44 PM
Before we jump to conclusions, could you post the text or a link to the text you are talking about and what is your relationship with the illuminati?

Hello Sahasranama.

It's not just one text, but several mentions of Prabhupada using the word 'Illuminati'.

I've read it on books and I've watched in lectures.

He usually uses the term 'Illuminati' when referring to people attached to the asura state of mind, in certain way being antagonists to the spiritual growth.

My relationship with the 'Illuminati'? I first need to know who they are and see beyond this mass hysteria of today.

flabber
05 October 2010, 03:37 AM
have you read 'The Lost Symbol' by Dan Brown ?

NetiNeti
05 October 2010, 01:54 PM
I'm pretty positive that the Illuminati is fake and bound in the realm of conspiracy. The only people who talk about them here in the west are people who believe in aliens, bigfoot and the like. A simple search on wikipedia will tell you about the supposed organization.

Adhvagat
05 October 2010, 02:03 PM
Hello NetiNeti...

I'm aware about all the other conspiracies that goes along with the 'Illuminati': Reptilians, Hollow Earth, Ashtar Sheran, etc, etc. They mix these stuff like a salad.

However, Prabhupada mentioned the 'Illuminati' 40 years ago, before any type of public awareness were given to this subject. Not to mention all the other topics that go along today.

My goal here is not get to the what people say today about the 'Illuminati', it's easy and it's usually nonsense... My goal is get to why did Prabhupada mention it four decades ago.

This makes me scratch my head.

Even if the 'Illuminati' are completely bogus, there are certain facts about how it's being presented as a modern myth that are quite interesting, but that goes more to a psychological interpretation of the facts.

NetiNeti
06 October 2010, 12:17 PM
Hello NetiNeti...

I'm aware about all the other conspiracies that goes along with the 'Illuminati': Reptilians, Hollow Earth, Ashtar Sheran, etc, etc. They mix these stuff like a salad.

However, Prabhupada mentioned the 'Illuminati' 40 years ago, before any type of public awareness were given to this subject. Not to mention all the other topics that go along today.

My goal here is not get to the what people say today about the 'Illuminati', it's easy and it's usually nonsense... My goal is get to why did Prabhupada mention it four decades ago.

This makes me scratch my head.

Even if the 'Illuminati' are completely bogus, there are certain facts about how it's being presented as a modern myth that are quite interesting, but that goes more to a psychological interpretation of the facts.

The original "Illuminati" was a secret society called the "Bavarian Illuminati" founded in 1776. The term Illuminati was first eneterd into the encyclopedia britannica in 1911, plenty of time before Prabhupada began to mention it.

I also see that a large amount of the British invaders in India were Freemasons, who have been connected to the Illuminati by many people. I found an article, though I cannot vouch for its historical accuracy, that proposes that the Illuminati was a perceived threat by many Indians during the beginning stages of British occupation. This was in the days when people like Kipling were very open about membership in secret societies. I propose this is what leads to Prabhupadas references.

article is here http://india.indymedia.org/en/2004/08/209648.shtml

Harjas Kaur
08 November 2010, 12:06 AM
Why did Prabhupada mention the 'Illuminati'?

Because He was a God-realized spiritual Master and He knew that His Krishna Consciousness movement was being infiltrated by American intelligence agencies who considered Him a danger and intended to take control of His influence for themselves.

Illuminati is also euphemism for fraudulent and asuric forces and elitest powers which exploit the living beings and the earth for pure profit like rakshasas...because they are rakshasas. Just look at organized religion throughout modern history and how often it works hand in hand with oppressive governments to create greater systems of bondage and control and offers nothing by way of liberation.

The Illuminati (plural of Latin illuminatus, "enlightened") is a name given to several groups, both historical and modern, and both real and fictitious. Historically, the name refers specifically to the Bavarian Illuminati, an Enlightenment-era secret society founded on May 1, 1776.

In modern times it is also used to refer to a purported conspiratorial organization which acts as a shadowy "power behind the throne", allegedly controlling world affairs through present day governments and corporations, usually as a modern incarnation or continuation of the Bavarian Illuminati. Illuminati (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illuminati)

By definition we see it involves the elitest system of controllers, financial, military and intelligence communities who hijack "religion" for their own power and glory.

A lot of people dismiss anything conspiratorial outright. I don't know why. The legal definition of conspiracy is simply people agreeing to the commission and cover-up of a crime. Certainly when it comes to spectacular business wealth and political power and military might, conspiracies are probably the norm. What I would find unbelievable is the claims of "transparency" or even authentic "accountability." It simply isn't human nature to play fair and honest when world power is obtained and maintained by deception and brutality. "Illuminati" is a very specific and powerful term and refers directly to a false, atheistic, karmi worldly "enlightenment" and/or power seeking. Just look at the popular religions, the popular psychology, the self-help, the create-your-own-financial-success schemes, etc.

And LISTEN to the underlying manipulation of spiritual systems for material gain. it is the literal promotion of false power and false prestige and false spirituality which acts as brutal as any business to shut out and destroy competitors.

Wayne Madsen: CIA involvement with religious groups not a new charge (http://www.the-peoples-forum.com/cgi-bin/readart.cgi?ArtNum=10179)

"How else can we explain the lack of reform in the financial industry after the biggest economic crisis since the Great Depression? Wealth is massively concentrated in a few hands in America."
Controlling the wealth of America – top 1 percent control 83 percent of U.S. stocks. (http://financemymoney.com/who-controls-wealth-in-america-top-1-percent-own-83-percent-of-stocks-housing-debt-eating-personal-income/)

Seriously, for people NOT to believe their are conspiracies afoot is to be naive. And that is not to deny the incredibility and preposterousness of the DISINFORMATION that seeks to make the credible unbelievable.

atmarama108
28 November 2010, 02:09 AM
Seriously, for people NOT to believe their are conspiracies afoot is to be naive. And that is not to deny the incredibility and preposterousness of the DISINFORMATION that seeks to make the credible unbelievable.

Fully... Thank you for the informative post prabhuji :)

Yogkriya
02 December 2010, 12:55 AM
Fully... Thank you for the informative post prabhuji :)

I guess as the name suggests Harjas "KAUR" is apparently not "prabhu" but a lady... :)

kahanam
02 December 2010, 01:42 AM
Dan Brown in his novels says that though the stories are fictitious, the Illumanati are real and the people belonging to that occupy very high positions in society.:) :) :)

atmarama108
04 December 2010, 02:36 AM
I guess as the name suggests Harjas "KAUR" is apparently not "prabhu" but a lady... :)

Begging forgiveness :o I have learnt now

Sahasranama
04 December 2010, 04:56 AM

I did not know that either, thanks for explaining that.

Adhvagat
04 December 2010, 01:18 PM
The original "Illuminati" was a secret society called the "Bavarian Illuminati" founded in 1776. The term Illuminati was first eneterd into the encyclopedia britannica in 1911, plenty of time before Prabhupada began to mention it.

I also see that a large amount of the British invaders in India were Freemasons, who have been connected to the Illuminati by many people. I found an article, though I cannot vouch for its historical accuracy, that proposes that the Illuminati was a perceived threat by many Indians during the beginning stages of British occupation. This was in the days when people like Kipling were very open about membership in secret societies. I propose this is what leads to Prabhupadas references.

article is here http://india.indymedia.org/en/2004/08/209648.shtml

I only got around to reading the article now. Very interesting (and scary) indeed.

It's the first time I get in touch with the concept of Blavatsky being an Illuminati operative, but considering the theosophists don't accept God and basically steal (in the sense they talk about scriptural content like it's their own, I might be mistaken since I never read much theosophical content, Saidevo could shed some light on this) the content of the Vedas, it makes sense!

Because He was a God-realized spiritual Master and He knew that His Krishna Consciousness movement was being infiltrated by American intelligence agencies who considered Him a danger and intended to take control of His influence for themselves.

Illuminati is also euphemism for fraudulent and asuric forces and elitest powers which exploit the living beings and the earth for pure profit like rakshasas...because they are rakshasas. Just look at organized religion throughout modern history and how often it works hand in hand with oppressive governments to create greater systems of bondage and control and offers nothing by way of liberation.

By definition we see it involves the elitest system of controllers, financial, military and intelligence communities who hijack "religion" for their own power and glory.

A lot of people dismiss anything conspiratorial outright. I don't know why. The legal definition of conspiracy is simply people agreeing to the commission and cover-up of a crime. Certainly when it comes to spectacular business wealth and political power and military might, conspiracies are probably the norm. What I would find unbelievable is the claims of "transparency" or even authentic "accountability." It simply isn't human nature to play fair and honest when world power is obtained and maintained by deception and brutality. "Illuminati" is a very specific and powerful term and refers directly to a false, atheistic, karmi worldly "enlightenment" and/or power seeking. Just look at the popular religions, the popular psychology, the self-help, the create-your-own-financial-success schemes, etc.

And LISTEN to the underlying manipulation of spiritual systems for material gain. it is the literal promotion of false power and false prestige and false spirituality which acts as brutal as any business to shut out and destroy competitors.

Wayne Madsen: CIA involvement with religious groups not a new charge (http://www.the-peoples-forum.com/cgi-bin/readart.cgi?ArtNum=10179)

"How else can we explain the lack of reform in the financial industry after the biggest economic crisis since the Great Depression? Wealth is massively concentrated in a few hands in America."
Controlling the wealth of America – top 1 percent control 83 percent of U.S. stocks. (http://financemymoney.com/who-controls-wealth-in-america-top-1-percent-own-83-percent-of-stocks-housing-debt-eating-personal-income/)

Harjas, thanks for the contributions. I'll read them now.

Om Tat Sat