PDA

View Full Version : How will be hindu way of life after 200 years ?

kallol
06 October 2010, 07:41 AM
We take pride in our traditions, rituals, caste, sects cultures, etc. We tend to attach this with Hindu way of life and get emotionally attached to this.

I was wondering how the way of life would be after 200 years. Will these rituals, traditions, cultures, caste, sects, etc remain as they are today ?

Will that impact hinduism ? If yes then how ?

If no then what should we term as hinduism ?

Love and best wishes:)

sanjaya
06 October 2010, 02:09 PM
Well, no one can tell what precisely will happen in 200 years. But I do think that Hindu traditions will continue more or less unperturbed, as they have for millenia already. Compared to the great age of our religion, what's another couple hundred years?

kallol
06 October 2010, 11:37 PM
Dear Sanjaya,

The way of life for India has changed over last few hundreds of years and definitely over thousand years.

There have been many traditions which are not followed today, particularly by urban India and even in rural India, some of the traditions are getting redefined.

I am sure with this faster urbanization, cross cultural mix up and cultural ingress from other countries (NRIs, foreigners, TV, Information, etc), the changes in the traditional way of life will be faster.

In every era the people think that the traditions and culture of their time is sacrosant and people resist any changes. They get attached to those.

The people think that this way of life is hinduism.

However the changes happen and just like we are not the same hindu as hundreds of years ago, similarly the hindus of 2210 will have different mindset and culture.

So my question - what should we term as hinduism ?

Is it the way of life ? Or is it inherent philosopy of life ?

Love and best wishes