PDA

View Full Version : Scriptures from Pakistan

Philippe*
07 October 2010, 01:40 PM
Namaste,

A friend of mine has brought this subject into discussion recently, not knowing enough myself I would like to seek your views on it. Is there any proof that some ancient Hindu texts might have been written in what is geographically present-day Pakistan ?

Philippe

kallol
07 October 2010, 11:11 PM
If you have studied mahabharata, then you will know that the span of influence was at least from Afghanistan (Gandharva) to Kailasha (Tibet) to Burma to Sri Lanka.

So it might not be a surprise to have parts of scriptures from Pakistan location.

Love and best wishes

Philippe*
08 October 2010, 03:31 AM
Kallol,

I would like to know if there is more detailed information. I know that probably some texts might have been written down on leaves which were lost owing to the biodegradable nature of the medium. This was probably a reason of the use of mnemonic exercises to perfect oral transmission through the ages.

Philippe

kallol
08 October 2010, 03:59 AM
Dear Philippe,

I will have to do a bit of research on this.

A few points :

1. The understanding is that the script (letters and alphabets) were not much developed in modern sense (it might have been more pictorial) to precisely pass the information to the next generations. So the oral - word of mouth was more prevalent. Those too in the form of chanting, folklores, stories, etc.

2. The oldest known preservatives for the palm leaves - material used for writing on - is keeping neem (Azadirachta indica) leaves (replaced regularly) along with the palm leaves. Even now it is practised. As ayurveda says the neem leaves have great antiseptic and repellant capability.

Love and best wishes

dewanand
05 May 2011, 10:13 AM
Before the seventh century Islam did not existed. Pakistan was created by Nehru and Gandhi around 1947 and nowadays it is the biggest enemy of Hindu India, armed with nuclear weapons.

It is stupid to say that Hindu scriptures were written in Pakistan, because it did not existed five thousand years ago.

Save the dying Hindus on this planet. Wake up Hindu men and fight, just as Krishna said to Arjuna. Destroy the Rakshas and demons.

dewanand