PDA

View Full Version : Receiving mark of the Devil

satay
10 November 2006, 09:33 PM
I enjoyed this picture...hope you will too...

saidevo
11 November 2006, 09:01 AM
A nice picture and indeed a blessing for the Christian First Citizen. The world will be a better place to live in, if he could translate his courtesy (of pretended tolerance) into action, and proclaim that there are many grains in many fields owned by people of many faiths, so there is no need to harvest from the neighbour's field.

satay
11 November 2006, 09:25 PM
namaste,
I should supply a bit of context around my OP. I was searching for images of lord Shiva using google. This was one of the pictures that returned in the hundreds. I found it funny because the page that displayed this picture said, "Receiving the mark of the Devil".

As we know GOD (shiva) is known as the Devil among some christians.

Pope John was lucky eh? :)

saidevo
12 November 2006, 09:05 AM
I found it funny because the page that displayed this picture said, "Receiving the mark of the Devil".

When I image-searched google, I got this particular image as the 14th item, but the caption only says, "receiving the mark of Shiva". May be google changed it since you searched?

satay
12 November 2006, 11:47 AM
When I image-searched google, I got this particular image as the 14th item, but the caption only says, "receiving the mark of Shiva". May be google changed it since you searched?

Now that I searched again, I also got the 'receiving the mark of shiva'...hmm...I wonder what happened. I am sure it said 'receiving the mark of the devil' in fact if you go the site that hosts this picture you will find other pictures of the pope mingling with other religious leaders like His holiness Dalai Lama and others...this picture is also on that page where the title says something like 'receiving the mark of pagans known as Tilak'

Not sure what happened to the 'receiving the mark of the devil' headline that I got before.