PDA

View Full Version : Lord Shiva Aarti Bhajan - anybody know?

realdemigod
20 October 2010, 07:43 AM
Hello All,
I'm from b'lore and I go to the Lord Shiva temple here almost every Monday and attend the aarti at 7:30 in the evening. One of the bhajans played..most of the times is 'Om Jai Shiv Omkara' - a male version and I learnt that it was sung by someone Babaji or Bawaji I'm not sure. The temple attendees say the bhajan is from 70s and is not available outside and I'm struggling hard to get that bhajan. I have tried several places but no use and I don't even have a clue who the singer is but this aarti bhajan is quite different from the usual one sung by a lady. The male version mesmerizes you...it's like some real god praising Lord Shiva. I would really appreciate if someone at least gives me the name of the singer. Please reply. Thanks alot in advance.

Regards,
realdemigod

Ramakrishna
07 January 2011, 11:28 PM
Namaste realdemigod,

I have heard this bhajan sung by a female before. I searched for a version sung by a male and found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-BcbZ_Ckmk

It is by a singer named Lakhbir Singh Lakkha. Not sure if this is the exact version you're looking for, but it's still very beautiful :)

Aum Namah Shivaya

realdemigod
08 January 2011, 05:17 AM
Thanks Ramakrishna for your efforts.
The song is same except for few words changed here and there, but the singer is different. The version I'm looking for seems to be rare.. I'm not getting lucky have been looking for really long!