PDA

View Full Version : CNN Hero Narayanan Krishnan: A True Karma Yogi

TatTvamAsi
20 October 2010, 09:48 PM
Namaste,

Please vote for Narayanan Krishnan, from Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India for CNN Hero of the Year.

Link: http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/cnn.heroes/archive10/naryanan.krishnan.html

He is the only Indian featured in this year's CNN Heroes. There is a Nepali Hindu by the name of Anuradha Koirala who also does amazing work, much like everyone else on the list.

If he wins the CNN Hero of the Year, he will get $100k in addition to the $25k he has already received for being part of the Top 10 list of heroes.

It takes less than 10 seconds to vote for this altruistic man.

Please tell your family, friends, and associates to do the same and help this man win CNN Hero of the Year (2010).

Thanks.

Namaskar.

Believer
16 November 2010, 07:36 AM
Hope everyone in the forum voted for Krishnan. When are the results due?

Ramakrishna
16 November 2010, 01:18 PM
Namaste,

I voted for Krishnan. He's a truly remarkable man.

When are the results due?

The winner will be announced on Thanksgiving.

Jai Sri Krishna

Sahasranama
16 November 2010, 01:26 PM
Just voted.

Arjuni
16 November 2010, 02:28 PM
Me too. Thanks for the heads-up. :)

Indraneela
===
"I wait the power of one like thee, O Indra, gifts of a Helper such as thou art, Hero.
Strong, Mighty God, dwell with me now and ever."
Om Indrāya Namaḥ.
Om Namaḥ Śivāya.

Ramakrishna
26 November 2010, 02:04 AM
Namaste all,

Mr. Krishnan did not win the award, but another Hindu, Anuradha Koirala won. Ms. Koirala is a Nepali Hindu who has done tremendous work to fight against sex trafficking. Overall, this was great exposure for these great Hindus who have engaged in such great karma yoga, as well as the others on the list who would have mostly gone unrecognized by the media.

Jai Sri Krishna

Alise
26 November 2010, 06:11 AM
Namaste,

I saw this lil' bit too late but I think Anuradha Koirala does amazing job & deserved to win, even western girls gets into wrong business. +She's a Hindu, that is awesome too!

Have an amazing day!
~Alice

Maya3
26 November 2010, 06:45 AM
I saw it too, she is amazing! I had never heard of her until yesterday and I was so glad she won!

There are several of them I want to support, Mr. Krishnan, the Kenyan who made solar lamps and the Cambodian man who clears land mines.

I want to try to give a little bit to each of them. Even if it's only a couple of dollars, if each person gives something it will add up.

Maya

Visvamitra
27 November 2010, 03:30 PM
Maybe there should not just be one hero and all should share in the glory. ;)

Ramakrishna
27 November 2010, 11:42 PM
Maybe there should not just be one hero and all should share in the glory. ;)

Namaste Visvamitra,

All ten participants received $25,000, and the winner got an additional $100,000. But I agree that all 10 participants were very deserving to be number one. I guess turning it into a competition ends up drawing more attention and thus ratings for CNN.

Jai Sri Krishna

kahanam
28 November 2010, 06:02 AM
Namaste all,

Mr. Krishnan did not win the award, but another Hindu, Anuradha Koirala won. Ms. Koirala is a Nepali Hindu who has done tremendous work to fight against sex trafficking. Overall, this was great exposure for these great Hindus who have engaged in such great karma yoga, as well as the others on the list who would have mostly gone unrecognized by the media.

Jai Sri Krishna

I am glad that Anuradha Koirala, A Hindu won.Her work also is great. Krishnan has got good recognition for his selfless work.May God bless all the Finalists with all good health, long life and energy and means to continue His Work. Truly these people are the Salt of the Earth!:) :) :)

Friend from the West
24 June 2013, 06:37 PM
Hari Om

Namaste and hello.

Was delighted when saw today from western friends, a post on Narayanan Krishnan. It was material a couple of years old, but was delighted still to see. From friend who posted seemed to be getting rhythm from her friends, so perhaps the non proselytizing truth spreads even more for Jiva's to grow and enjoy!

Jai Jai Hanuman!!!

FFTW