PDA

View Full Version : Hari-hara

Elizabeth108
20 October 2010, 11:40 PM
Hi,

I have just been thinking about the relationship / connection between Vishnu amd Siva, what about having an advaita viewa with Vaishnava linking etc. Those who have read my threads know what I am referring to.

Just the other day I read an article about Hari-Hara (Half Vishnu and half Siva). I searched for pictures of him and found a few ones, too.

My question is: Is it possible that Hari-hara is a good form of God that just 'proves' Vishnu and Siva in fact are One, two facets of the One God? None is higher or lower than the other. So this can 'solve' some of mine questions related to whether vaishnavism may not exclude advaita approach. (As I know most vaishnavas are dvaitic while eg. shaivas are advaitic).

By worshipping Hari-hara form of God can one say once vaisnava mantras and then saiva ones, etc?

What can be known about Hari-hara? What do you think about it all?

I do hope the heart of this post can be understood. This is the way I could write down this now.
But I am very interested in your opinions, views and references to Hari-hara in books if there's any.