PDA

View Full Version : Brahman and Atma

Tirisilex
24 October 2010, 04:28 PM
Whats the difference of Brahman and Atma in Dvaita? I've been searching the Internet but I'm having a hard time finding any info on it.

jasdir
21 February 2011, 08:15 AM
Whats the difference of Brahman and Atma in Dvaita? I've been searching the Internet but I'm having a hard time finding any info on it.

"Brahman" is known by three types.

Brahman is also known as Regions.
Brahman is also known as Deitie, to which some says "God".
Brahman is also known as Brahmand or Universe or The Triple Worlds.The "Brahman" which is known as Regions, has three parts.

Sagun Brahm.
Nirgun Brahm.
Puran Brahm.The power which is residing only in "Puran Brahm" is only "Supreame God", the powers of Sagun or Nirgun brahm are also known as "God" but in the true sence they are not "God", Because of this there is lot of confusion among peoples.

Atman means "Soul" and it is the part of "God" the power which is residing in "Puran Brahman".

_/\_ Jasdir.

grames
27 November 2011, 01:40 AM
Quick answer is...

Brahman is svaTantra - Absolutely independent entity
Jiva and Jada are paraTantra - Absolutely dependent on Brahman for their existence and survival

Rest can be understood by understanding the above and then the five differences arise out of the above two principles.

Necromancer
17 May 2013, 04:34 AM
Namaste.

A few days ago, I was speaking with a Chinese Scholar who was telling me all about Wu-ji. I listened attentively.

At the end of the discourse, I asked him what is the difference between Wu-ji and the Tao?

I said, if the Tao is nameless, then what is Wu-ji?

He immediately 'ummed' and 'ahhhd' then made an excuse to leave the scene ASAP. lol

That is the difference (there is none) between Brahman and Atman.

Aum Namah Shivaya

philosoraptor
17 May 2013, 07:08 AM
This is the Dvaita forum. It is not appropriate to argue non-Dvaita points of view here especially if you are not prepared to do so within a shAstric frame of reference.

Grames answer is the most relevant response on this thread.

Necromancer
17 May 2013, 08:27 AM
This is the Dvaita forum. It is not appropriate to argue non-Dvaita points of view here especially if you are not prepared to do so within a shAstric frame of reference.

Grames answer is the most relevant response on this thread.
Okay....If you say so. Whatever.
I care not and shall discuss whatever I like.

satay
17 May 2013, 04:58 PM
Admin Note

Namaste,

Okay....If you say so. Whatever.
I care not and shall discuss whatever I like.

I understand you care not but if you continue it will be considered spam and appropriate actions will be taken by mods.

Thanks,