PDA

View Full Version : default country?

Eastern Mind
01 November 2010, 05:02 PM
Vannakkam .. just a question for the moderator ... is the United States the default country? Lately I've seen several people who say they're from somewhere else have US listed in their info. If it is, I think it should be changed to 'unknown'.

Aum

Shaan
05 November 2010, 12:56 PM
Namaste Sir, you have raised valid point, I didnt fill my location (which is india) but it shows mine as US.

Believer
11 November 2010, 05:53 AM
The default should be,

The Holy Land - India

Eastern Mind
11 November 2010, 07:30 AM
Vannakkam: Someone was asking Satay one day about statistics of the members, so I started a tally, thinking it wouldn't be too hard. I was in the period of boredom between consciousness flows. I gave up at the sample number of 100, becoming convinced it wasn't worth my time. There are over 2000 members here. But that's how I discovered that there seemed to be an inordinately high number of US, which seemed odd. I was also doing age and gender, but there I discovered that many times it wasn't given. So in the end, myself being a bit of a statistician, I concluded the whole process was invalid data taking anyway. So to whoever asked about stats of our members, I guess the reply is not available.

For me the lesson learned is that the WORDS of our members is what counts, not age, gender, country of origin, etc.

Aum Namasivaya

saidevo
11 November 2010, 08:55 AM
namaste EM.

Yes, it was I who asked Satay for the stats: not just for the count of native vis-a-vis overseas members, but with the primary objective of being conscious in my posts addressed to specific members about their personal and locational profile, so I can slant my replies accordingly. For example, in my latest reply in the Trinity thread started by Alice, I have taken some liberty considering her young age, and even tinged it with a color of humour by using the phrase 'down the rabbit hole', suggested by her name Alice.

A member's profile is easier to remember than his/her words, altlhough only words do count.

Eastern Mind
11 November 2010, 09:09 AM
Vannakkam Saidevo: Yes I am the same in adjusting my statements given who I'm speaking to. I also find the stats valuable for that reason. The overall thing was just my personal interest. Trivia really, like: How many countries are represented here?

Aum Namasivaya

Believer
22 November 2010, 08:22 PM
Was there ever a closure on this?