PDA

View Full Version : Question to Consider.

jasdir
11 November 2010, 06:11 AM
What will happen if each & every person of this world:

"Try" to spend his/her Spare time on meditations seriously & wholeheartedly ?

Kindly Note1: "Spare time" is ment by after paying all reasonable wordly duties.
Kindly Note2: "Try" means just try, not very Compulsary.

SO, looking forward to see your VALUABLE-REPLIES.

_/\_ NAMASTE by your forum member.... jasdir.

Ramakrishna
11 November 2010, 08:57 AM
Namaste jasdir,

An interesting thing to think about. I would assume the overall positive vibrations and shakti throughout the world would go way up. People would be healthier, feel better, and be nicer. There would be much less anger, hate, violence, and war in the world. It would be like living in a past yuga.

Jai Sri Krishna

Eastern Mind
11 November 2010, 09:11 AM
Namaste jasdir,

An interesting thing to think about. I would assume the overall positive vibrations and shakti throughout the world would go way up. People would be healthier, feel better, and be nicer. There would be much less anger, hate, violence, and war in the world. It would be like living in a past yuga.

Jai Sri Krishna

Vannakkam: this reminds me so much of John Lennon's "Imagine" .

Aum Namasivaya

saidevo
11 November 2010, 09:34 AM
namaste Jasdir.

A nice, Utopian what-if you have wished for in your OP. I would be happy if it happens and reforms our politicians and corporate businessmen.

One half of the world alternatively sleeps daily and in that sleep merges with Brahman, maybe, for half the time. Yet, the world has not become a better place to live.

But we can be sure that mass prayers could be powerful. Check this wonderful link given in an old HDF thread:
http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?p=14853&highlight=prayers+powerful#post14853

yajvan
11 November 2010, 11:11 AM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

What will happen if each & every person of this world:

My teacher has said often that only 1% of the population (6.7 million) will make a difference for the whole world. Now this would be those possessed of the Self.
That means individual ~contracted~ consciousness (citta) once again becomes ~uncontracted~ consciousness (citi) some like to call cetana.

It is my opinion that a noticeable change would come with the square root of the population ( 82,000 +/-) in any one given country.

I am in hopes that we all unfold this Reality (vastu-vṛtta-aṇusāreṇa)¹ as the benefits are profound and wide-reaching.

praṇām

words

vastu-vṛtta-aṇusāreṇa
vastu- the real; becoming light
vṛtta- existing, unimpared
anusāreṇa = aṇu+ sāra + iṇa = fine, minute + stretching out, precious valuable + glorious, powerful
vastu-vṛtta-aṇusāreṇa = the most powerful,precious yet subtle real existence.

sunyata07
11 November 2010, 11:27 AM
Namaste,

Nice question, although it seems to be asking too much to ask every single person on earth to do this. My thoughts are like Ramakrishna's. If such a thing could happen there would surely be a change in consciousness - life on earth as we know it now would be unrecognisable for the fruits that would be borne from such a shift in energy. Here's hoping one day such a change could be possible and do the world some good.

Om namah Shivaya

yajvan
11 November 2010, 02:25 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

Namaste,

If such a thing could happen there would surely be a change in consciousness - life on earth as we know it now would be unrecognisable for the fruits that would be borne from such a shift in energy. Here's hoping one day such a change could be possible and do the world some good.

This is the fundamental foundation for sat yuga... very possible. To hasten the dawn of an age like this , the kṣatriya¹ (some spell kaṣatṛya) must be engaged.

praṇām

words
kṣatriya - one of 4 varṇa , considered those that govern; based upon the mahābhārata their main duty is protection, so we know them as the military also. This word is rooted in kṣa , the protector of the field. What field ? The field of life. It is interesting to note this is anther name for nara-siṃha, an incarnation of viṣṇu

Eastern Mind
11 November 2010, 02:43 PM
Vannakkam: I know everyone here on this thread knows this but I'm going to reiterate. The key is to shift yourself first. Be a role model. All psychologists know role modelling has the greatest impact on child development. So if one is spouting off about the "what ifs" regarding others, please first take a good hard look in the mirror. Kids and people judge actions, not words. All too often I've witnessed the hypocrisy of "Do as I say, not Do as I do" attitude. When I see that, I feel we're all regressing.

Its like the angry parent yelling at his kid not to get angry.

Aum Namasivaya

Adhvagat
11 November 2010, 03:38 PM
Vannakkam: I know everyone here on this thread knows this but I'm going to reiterate. The key is to shift yourself first. Be a role model. All psychologists know role modelling has the greatest impact on child development. So if one is spouting off about the "what ifs" regarding others, please first take a good hard look in the mirror. Kids and people judge actions, not words. All too often I've witnessed the hypocrisy of "Do as I say, not Do as I do" attitude. When I see that, I feel we're all regressing.

Aum Namasivaya

That's exactly what I thought.

I'm happy that with the little I studied I was able to positively influence some special friends. It's one of those things that motivate me to stay on the path of SD.

yajvan
11 November 2010, 08:18 PM

hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

That's exactly what I thought.

I'm happy that with the little I studied I was able to positively influence some special friends. It's one of those things that motivate me to stay on the path of SD.

Consider the following... yes, it is very good to influence friends and family by one's knowledge and discussion. There is other ways ( in addition) too. That of raising one's consciousness.
Consciousness is ubiquitous ( everywhere) ; it is satatoditam, without break or pause. So by one's own advancement, the influences are throughout society, the world, even the universe my teacher would say.

Think of yourself as a candle, a lantern; It brings light (prakāśa¹) to darkness without one word of its being there.

praṇām

words
prakāśa - clearness , brightness , splendour , lustre , light

kd gupta
11 November 2010, 11:21 PM

Aum Namasivaya
Well done EMJi
It is a good expression . Arjun told krsn…sometime you talk for duty , sometime for gyan and nevertheless you talk of Rajarshis, why not about Brahmarshis ?
Sanjaya tells to blind Dhritrashtra addressing krsn as hrishikesha..hi+rishi+keshah , means The gyani amongst gyanis OR Tattvadarshina .
Shraddhaavaan labhate jnaanam tatparah samyatendriyah;
Jnaanam labdhvaa paraam shaantim achirenaadhigacchati.
The man who is full of faith, who is devoted to it, and who has subdued all the senses,
obtains (this) knowledge; and, having obtained the knowledge, he goes at once to the supreme peace .

And how this is achieved…by devotion or controlling the body by restraining all senses with mind to engaging oneself in Bhajan singing , of course this does not need knowing the language .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0POEKc5WB0

jasdir
12 November 2010, 08:04 AM
Thanks to all the forum members for their VALUABLE COMMENTS on the post.

Namaste by jasdir.

jasdir
15 November 2010, 06:22 AM

Aum Namasivaya

I Thought.
Respected Eastren Mind ji, Thought.
Respected Pietro Impagliazzo ji, Thought.

Than who is going to be role Model ?

Members please wait for the ROLE MODEL, am new to the FORUM, Let me enjoy the FORUM for sometime.......

_/\_Servant Jasdir.

sunyata07
16 November 2010, 11:09 AM
The key is to shift yourself first. Be a role model.

Agreed. Theory and exposition are one thing. Action and actually doing something is another. Dreaming of a change for the better can only get one so far in this life.

Om namah Shivaya

Ramakrishna
16 November 2010, 01:16 PM
The key is to shift yourself first. Be a role model.

Agreed. Theory and exposition are one thing. Action and actually doing something is another. Dreaming of a change for the better can only get one so far in this life.

Exactly.

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
Mohandas Gandhi

Jai Sri Krishna

jasdir
17 November 2010, 12:14 AM
TRY TO USE: The key {{{ WAS }}} to shift yourself first. Be a role model.INSTED OF: The key {{{ IS }}} to shift yourself first. Be a role model.

Insted of Meditations, Than who {{{ IS }}} chatting here ? WE ? or "God" ?

Think about ?

_/\_Jasdir.