PDA

View Full Version : Govinda Goooovinda! (Sri Balaji @ Tirupati)

TatTvamAsi
11 November 2010, 03:19 PM
Namaste,

A friend sent me these pics on abhishekam of Balaji @ Tirupati.

Wanted to share them with you all!

ENJAI YAAR! :D

TatTvamAsi
11 November 2010, 03:19 PM
More:

TatTvamAsi
11 November 2010, 03:20 PM
Sri Balaji in all His splendor:

Eastern Mind
11 November 2010, 04:30 PM
Vannakkam TTA: Wow. They allow picture taking? I thought the devasthanam would just take a few official ones for the souvenir booth.

Aum Namasivaya

Sahasranama
11 November 2010, 04:38 PM
Thank you for sharing darshana of Balaji. It's amazing, I didn't know they allowed pictures.

Aum namo narayana

TatTvamAsi
12 November 2010, 06:27 PM
Vannakkam TTA: Wow. They allow picture taking? I thought the devasthanam would just take a few official ones for the souvenir booth.

Aum Namasivaya

EM,

They don't allow photos as far as I know but this was a "special event" where the abhishekam was photographed. It is fabulous to see Sri Balaji so clearly. This is hardly possible when visiting there in person! hahha..

codedlives
19 May 2011, 11:53 PM
and i always thought that swami's crown is taken off during Abhishekam..
but in first 4 pics it shown to be made of same stone as deity

codedlives
20 May 2011, 11:06 AM
OP i always thought , that lord's gold crown was seperate from his body..and taken off during Abhishekam..
i think these pics are from some ISCKON temple

OM NAMO VENKATESYA

smaranam
20 May 2011, 02:52 PM
|| Om Namo Bhagavate VAsudevaya ||

He is so beautiful mannAtha

The one in post#3 is ISKCON BalaJi but i don't know about the one in the abhishek - that could be Tirumala Tirupati.

----

vyaNkatesho vAsudevo pradyumna amita vikrama
sankarSaNa aniruddhascha sheshAdri-patir eva cha
janArdanah: padmanAbhah: vyankatAchala vAsinah:
srushtikartA jagannAtho mAdhavo bhaktavatsalah:

govindo gopatih: krushNah keshavo garuda-dhvaja
varAho vAmanaschaiva nArAyana adhokshaja
shridharah: puNdarIkAkshah: sarva deva stuto harih:
shrinRsiMho mhAsiMho sUtrakAra purAtana

ramAnAtho mahAbhartA madhurah: purushottamah:
cholaputra priya shAnto bramhAdInAmvara-pradah:
shrinidhi sarvabhUtAnAm bhayakrut bhayanAshanah:
shri-rAmo rAma bhadrascha bhava bandhaka mochaka

bhUtAvAsah: girAvAsah: shrinivAsah: shriyah-patih:
achyutAtanta govindo vishNurvyankatanAyaka

sarva devaika sharaNam sarva devaika daivatam
samastha deva kavacham sarva deva shikhAmaNi

itidam kIrtitam yasya vishNur amita tejasah:
trikAleya pathe nityam pApam tasya na vidyate

Shri KrushNa-arpaNamastu ||

Shri Shri VyaNkatesh Stotra

codedlives
24 May 2011, 12:16 AM
hmm after researching a bit,, i can say thse r not orig Swami venkateshwara pics..
the orig Swami has got Maa lakshmi on his right chest and he wears a necklace of Maa padmavati all the time..its not even taken off during Abhishekam..
if u look closely both the things are not present in the pics..
But none the less, if there is beauty in the world it lies in my swami,he is beautigul

Om namo venkatesaya

devotee
24 May 2011, 10:34 PM
Govindaa, Govindaa .... G-O-O-O-O-vindaa !

This sound still fills me with intense bhakti-bhav whenever I hear or read this. There is something out-of-this-world in this sound for me. It brings tears in my eyes, mouth speechless with emotion & the hair standing on my body fully charged, body shaking a little with excitement !

That brings the memory of having darshan of Swami Venkateshwara in my mind !

Govindaa, Govindaa .... G-O-O-O-O-vindaa !

OM

smaranam
25 May 2011, 06:53 AM
That is so beautiful.

At your lotus feet.

shian
03 January 2012, 02:27 AM
Om Namo Venkatesaya

Is peoples also worship Lord Venkatesha in house ?
And they use the rupang or painting ?

Eastern Mind
03 January 2012, 08:49 AM
Om Namo Venkatesaya

Is peoples also worship Lord Venkatesha in house ?
And they use the rupang or painting ?

Vannakkam Shian: From what I've seen it is mostly paintings. I have seen very few Venkateswara small murthis. Some murthis (like Murugan also) are just harder to find.

Aum Namasivaya

charitra
03 January 2012, 07:58 PM
murthis made of various solid materials are available right on Tirumala hills outside the mandir. Both paintings and murthis are placed for home worship. Those are images (posted by TTA) officially released by Devastanams, these days even cell phones are not allowed inside the devalayam. Some decades ago there were no restrictions on photography. Namaste.

Vannakkam Shian: From what I've seen it is mostly paintings. I have seen very few Venkateswara small murthis. Some murthis (like Murugan also) are just harder to find.

Aum Namasivaya

shian
04 January 2012, 03:12 AM
Sveta-Varaha Kalpa - Varaha Purana (Part I -- Chapter 1 and Chapter 3)
Sri Varaha Swami rescuing Earth from Patalaloka, and Garuda Fetching Kridadri to the Earth
During 2000 Catur-Yugas (8000 Yugas or aeons) making a day and night for Brahma, the Creator, the Sun vomited fire through his burning rays, and there was no rian for a long number of years, which constrained men and tapodhanas (sages who had attained self-realisation by their tapas or austerities) to forsake the earth and seek refuge in the Janaloka (one of the seven upper regions) at the approach of the night of Brahma; and forests and mountains were consumed by the stupendous fire and reduced to ashes. Thereupon Vayu (God of Wind) blew furiously for some long years and huge clouds formed and rained enormously in torrents without intermission, while thereby the Earth melted and sank down to the Patalaloka (nether world) and accordingly remained in that state for a thousand Yugas during a part of that night of Brahma, whereby the Pralayakalpa (the Great Deluge) occurred.

At the time, Visnu, the Creator, Protector and Destroyer of life and matter, was lying supine on a banyan leaf over the huge expanse of water as Vatapatra-sayi in the Maharloka and bethought Himself of re-creation by rescuing the Earth. So he went in search of it into the Patalaloka, assuming a terrible form as Sveta-Varaha, fought a voilent duel for long with the demon, Hiranyaksa, the lord of the infernal world, and the younger brother of Hiranyakasipu, and having become exasperated, slit his mountainous body in twain in with His powerful tusks, when the demon's blood, mixing with the water, caused it to turn red. Sveta-Varaha then slashed the massive water and brought up the Earth on His tusks; and placing one foot on Adisesa, stood up in the Janaloka like stupendous mountain. Presently Brahma, the Devaganas (celestial orders) and holy men extolled Him with the chanting of the Veda-Mantras (Vedic hymns) and prayed to Him to establish the Earth theretofore.

Varaha fixed the Earth and delimited the Sapta-Sagaras (Seven Oceans) and the Sapta-Lokas (Seven Worlds) as formerly. He next called Brahma and bade Him create the Jagat (world) as before. He longed to reside on Earth for a time in order to protect the people and hence commended Garuda (His white-necked kite-vehicle) to fetch Kridacala from Sri Vaikuntha together with the Parisat (celestial assembly) and Suras (Devine Beings) headed by Visvaksena (House Keeper and Commander). Garuda started for Vaikuntha. Varaha meantime selected a sacred spot which was sixty yojanas (600 miles) south of Gomati river and five yojanas (Fifty miles) west of Eastern Sea and adjoined the Ruma-nadi (Suvarnamukhari river) on its north bank, and which aslo formed the abode of Punya-Janas (Holy men).

Garuda brought the Kridacala, an extensive natural hill with lofty peaks embeded with gold and precious stones and appearing in the form of Pancopanisat (five philosophical treaties) inhabited by all its inmates, and known as the Narayangiri (hill of Narayana, Visnu). In extent, it was thirty yojanas (300 miles) long, and in shape it resembled Sesa (the primeval serpant). It is a fit place to receive the surrender of the humanity, having formed the couch of Hari (Visnu) and being the coveted place for all beings. Being excellent in form, it bestows great merit and affords moksa (liberation) even to the devoted occasional visitors.

Varaha asked Garuda to deposit it at the place selected by Him, and getting on it, stood within the clean devine Vimana (Temple) which shone with many gopuras (towers) set with different kinds of precious stones, adorned by the Maha-mani-mantapa (the big front portico) with gem-set pillars most gratifying the sight but indescribable, and adjoining on its east the Svami-Puskarini situated in the sacred forest, to the south of which Puskarini (pool), the lotus-eyed Visnu, the Supreme God, the holder of the Sankha, Cakra, and Gada (conch, discus and club), and the Abode of Sri Laksmi (on His right chest), chose to dwell under a Divya-Vimana (dome) later on.

Brahma, Devas, Munis, Saptarshis and others then prayed to Him, "O God, Your countenance is frightful with the tusks and the twisted eye-brows and the glittering weapons hanging from either side of Your body. For the satisfaction of the gods, be pleased to assume a composed look, and rest on this Hill itself to protect men. You have rescued the Earth for the sake of a habitation for men and gods; assume therefore, a tranquil face for the protection of men, and abide here alone, granting boons to all people who are unable to reach You through Dhyana-yoga (meditation) and Karma-yoga (deeds)".

Forthwith Varaha became complaisant and calm, and appeared with four arms and a white face, bedecked with jewels, and accompained by Sri-Devi (Lakshmi) and Bhu-Devi (Goddess of the Earth). He addressed the suppliant gods, "I like Ventadri more than Vaikuntha; here shall I rest with Sri and Bhumi, and be resolved to grant the prayers of men", and immediately vanished from their view after ordering them to return to their residence.

vaikunthat paramo hyesa venkatakhyo nagottamah,
attraiva nivasamyeva sri-bhumi-sahito-hyaham. (V.12).
dadami prarthitan-arthan manujebhyah sada suran. (V.13).

(Sri Varaha-purana, Part I, ch. 35, Verses 12, 13).

incognito7786
03 March 2012, 11:55 PM
Hi,
All the images belong to ISCON temple at tirupati. Till date, no one was allowed to take photograph of the lord. Here is the link to a video which was recorded in a demo temple built at the foot of alipiri. All black and white as well as color videos available on net were the clips showing puja being performed on a plaster of paris replica which was made for shooting a film about lord venkateswara. Watch the video at the link given below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfCHPP99vW0 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfCHPP99vW0)