PDA

View Full Version : Awakening Kundilini - Guru

shambhvi
09 November 2010, 01:29 PM
:) its a beautiful feeling, my suggestion would be ...go to a Guru and get the kundalini awakened. One such Guru is Baba Shivanand... www.shivyog.com (http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/www.shivyog.com)

Like one of my friends said..A complete awakening of Kundalini happens once your energy has reached sahasrar chakra & merged with the Divine infinite energy.

A guru helps to ignite this energy & we continue to advance further with regular meditation.

Blessed be

Adhvagat
09 November 2010, 10:24 PM
Go to a guru and get it awakened?

Just like I go to a barber shop and got my hair cut?

I'm sorry Shambhvi, that sounds weird.

jasdir
09 November 2010, 11:47 PM
There is a very common fruit named "Apple", Can anybody define the TASTE of "Apple", without giving the example of "Apple",

"Kundalini energy" is a TASTE, Those who TASTE it, Know it...

jasdir.

shambhvi
10 November 2010, 05:15 AM

I'm sorry Shambhvi, that sounds weird.

It is suggested to raise kundalini under Gurus guidance, else there are hazards...

Kundalini is the most powerful dormant energy inside you & is not a childs play, a guide is must

NayaSurya
10 November 2010, 06:54 AM
The taste of an apple is easy to describe for the writer.:p

The taste of the granny smith is like a taste of Spring. Fresh and juicy... sweet followed by a tangy bit of sourness. Crisp, bright, delicious.

But, as with such things, each of us will have a different opinion about this experience of tasting the apple. Each of us may have a favorite type of apple...and a different experience with apples in general. There may be some who have never had one...or they only tried one type...and it was mushy or bruised and never tried another.

The OP of this question has Aspergers, and has experienced many of these things mentioned which describes kundalini. But, from his inability to communicate well with words he did not describe his experience.

As for a guru, this will not come to pass. There is a reason both of us are followers of Sanatana Dharma and stuck on a hill in the middle of predominantly white, christian, America. Part of our karma is to be without such things. Perhaps we took it for granted in a previous life as I suspect.

We're both very busy with raising our eight children, so it's not like we have time to really dig deeper into these sorts of things. Hopefully, if this captivity lasts long enough for both of us to see these beautiful bits of Shivaya raised and on their way...we will have time to work on those other things. If not, I know both of us will be just as happy to return and work on this elsewhere.

I will be sure to show this thread to him once he arrives home this afternoon, thank you all for the wonderful help you have given him.<3

sm78
10 November 2010, 11:23 AM
:) its a beautiful feeling, my suggestion would be ...go to a Guru and get the kundalini awakened. One such Guru is Baba Shivanand... www.shivyog.com (http://www.shivyog.com)

The shiv yog and Baba Shivanand promises much more than a mere kundalini awakening in one of their very first level meditation course. You can get your crown chakra exploded by attending this camp

Three extremely powerful shakthipath are given to the disciple, through which the third eye is opened, the crown chakra expands completely as the thousand petaled lotus opens and the divine Kundalini energy rises above the agya chakra. Enormous heat is generated through these Shakthipaths which burns all the karmic factors.

You can go to the more advanced course like shree vidya where by the "shree chakra will start vibrating in high frequency inside your body and you can materialize anything."

Ofcourse I guess you will not mind paying a few bucks in return for the power to materialize anything you want and exploding your crown chakra - so here goes the charges from the upcoming kolkata shivir - seriously if you earn in usd these are puny amounts...unless you want to sit in the front row while taking the powers.

The registration donation for the programs is as follows:
Siddha Dhyan & Healing - Rs. 3500/- , for VIP seats Rs. 7000/-, for Donor seats (front row) Rs. 10000/-
Shambhavi Dhyan & Healing - Rs. 3500/-, for VIP seats Rs. 7000/-, for Donor seats (front row) Rs. 10000/-
Shree Vidya Sadhna - Rs. 3500/-, for VIP seats Rs. 7000/-, for Donor seats (front row) Rs. 10000/-

If you are in kolkata in december - go ahead and get your kundalini awakened.

Harjas Kaur
10 November 2010, 11:26 PM
Pietro Impagliazzo writes:

A spiritual preceptor (Guru) has the power to activate quite a lot of things in His chelas. Not only dormant spiritual potencies, but psychological issues, skandas and kleshas. There are yogic sampradayas which practice raising kundalini energy and gaining siddhis. I don't think it's fair to ridicule such systems. On the other hand, the limitations of certain paths are evident to some much as they are attractive to others. The human organism is created in such a way as to have energetic responses and exchanges, many things can affect the energetic system. In my view shambhvi is not wrong in her recommendation. A Guru is always preferable when embarking on any path.

On the other hand, the qualifications of a Guru are also of highest importance. I think it is clear asking for large sums of money is something very sad and this kind of thing doesn't have the signs of authentic spirituality.

Personally I like this quote:

'dvadasa-aditya' haite 'kesi-tirthe' aila
rasa-sthali dekhi' preme murcchita ha-ila
After seeing the holy place called Praskandana,
Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to Dvadasaditya.
From there He went to Kesi-tirtha, and when He
saw the place where the rasa dance had taken place,
He immediately lost consciousness due to ecstatic love.

cetana pana punah gadagadi yaya
hase, kande, nace, pade, uccaih-svare gaya
When the Lord regained His senses, He began to roll on the ground.
He would sometimes laugh, cry, dance and fall down.
He would also chant very loudly.
~Sri Caitanya Caritamrita Madhya 18.72-73

and also,

Text 3
trinad api sunichena
taror api sahishnuna
amanina manadena
kirtaniyah sada harih
One should chant the holy name of the Lord in a humble state of mind,
thinking oneself lower than the straw in the street; one should be more tolerant than a tree,
devoid of all sense of false prestige and should be ready to offer all respect to others.
In such a state of mind one can chant the holy name of the Lord constantly.

na dhanam na janam na sundarim
kavitam va jagad-isha kamaye
mama janmani janmanishvare
bhavatad bhaktir ahaituki twayi
O almighty Lord, I have no desire to accumulate wealth, nor do I desire beautiful women,
nor do I want any number of followers. I only want Your causeless devotional service birth after birth.
~Sri Krishna Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, from Sri Siksastakam

So it is clear from Lord Gauranga's example that bhakti is a supreme method by which one's "kundalini" energies and conscious is elevated to the Divine. And it is equally clear from His example that money and fame are not any path at all, rather the pure love for the pure Lord is instead both goal and the method.

Guru Amar Das Ji writes:

ਰਿਧਿ ਸਿਧਿ ਸਭੁ ਮੋਹੁ ਹੈ ਨਾਮੁ ਨ ਵਸੈ ਮਨਿ ਆਇ ॥
ridhh sidhh sabh mohu hai naam n vasai man aae ||
रिधि सिधि सभु मोहु है नामु न वसै मनि आइ ॥
Riches and the supernatural spiritual powers of the Siddhas are all emotional attachments;
through them, the Naam, the Name of the Lord, does not come to dwell in the mind.
~SGGS Ji p. 593

and also, Guru Nanak Dev Ji writes:

ਸਿਧੁ ਕਹਾਵਉ ਰਿਧਿ ਸਿਧਿ ਬੁਲਾਵਉ ॥
sidhh kehaavo ridhh sidhh bulaavo ||
सिधु कहावउ रिधि सिधि बुलावउ ॥
He may be called a Siddha, a man of spiritual perfection, and he may summon riches and supernatural powers;

ਤਾਜ ਕੁਲਹ ਸਿਰਿ ਛਤ੍ਰੁ ਬਨਾਵਉ ॥
thaaj kuleh sir shhathra banaavo ||
ताज कुलह सिरि छत्रु बनावउ ॥
he may place a crown upon his head, and carry a royal umbrella;

ਬਿਨੁ ਜਗਦੀਸ ਕਹਾ ਸਚੁ ਪਾਵਉ ॥੬॥
bin jagadhees kehaa sach paavo ||6||
बिनु जगदीस कहा सचु पावउ ॥६॥
but without the Lord of the Universe, where can Truth be found? ||6||

ਖਾਨੁ ਮਲੂਕੁ ਕਹਾਵਉ ਰਾਜਾ ॥
khaan malook kehaavo raajaa ||
खानु मलूकु कहावउ राजा ॥
He may be called an emperor, a lord, and a king;

ਅਬੇ ਤਬੇ ਕੂੜੇ ਹੈ ਪਾਜਾ ॥
abae thabae koorrae hai paajaa ||
अबे तबे कूड़े है पाजा ॥
he may give orders - ""Do this now, do this then"" - but this is a false display.

ਬਿਨੁ ਗੁਰ ਸਬਦ ਨ ਸਵਰਸਿ ਕਾਜਾ ॥੭॥
bin gur sabadh n savaras kaajaa ||7||
बिनु गुर सबद न सवरसि काजा ॥७॥
Without the Word of the Guru's Shabad, his works are not accomplished. ||7||

ਹਉਮੈ ਮਮਤਾ ਗੁਰ ਸਬਦਿ ਵਿਸਾਰੀ ॥
houmai mamathaa gur sabadh visaaree ||
हउमै ममता गुर सबदि विसारी ॥
Egotism and possessiveness are dispelled by the Word of the Guru's Shabad.

ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਜਾਨਿਆ ਰਿਦੈ ਮੁਰਾਰੀ ॥
guramath jaaniaa ridhai muraaree ||
गुरमति जानिआ रिदै मुरारी ॥
With the Guru's Teachings in my heart, I have come to know the Lord.
~Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji p. 225

shambhvi
11 November 2010, 03:33 AM
On the other hand, the qualifications of a Guru are also of highest importance. I think it is clear asking for large sums of money is something very sad and this kind of thing doesn't have the signs of authentic spirituality.
[/COLOR][/INDENT]
Well thats Guru Dakshina, which has been given since time immemorial, nothing is free, one needs energy exchange!Specially such teachings...

jasdir
11 November 2010, 04:33 AM
Well thats Guru Dakshina, which has been given since time immemorial, nothing is free, one needs energy exchange!Specially such teachings...

Guru Dakshina is Tan, Man & Dhan,

"Tan Santan ka, Dhan santan ka, Man Santan ka Kiya
Sant parsad har naam tihaya sarab kushal tab thia" GGS # Sauradi mohalla 5/610,

"Kin bid mile gusai mere ram rai"
"Koi aisa Sant sehaj sukhdata mohe marag de batie" GGS # Gauri purbi mohalla 5/204,

means:

O my "God" which is the way to meet "Lord"
Or please grant me any "Saint" who can tell me the path towards you".

jasdir.

sm78
11 November 2010, 04:47 AM

It is amusing how the guru or the deciples suddenly invoke tradition to defend the money laundering, when everything else they are doing has nothing to do with any tradition.

It is another matter, that guru dakshina is as much a far cry from the variable entry fees for different seats, as day from night.

Surely there is an exchange - hard cash in return of a lifetime of delusion and despair.

Baba Shivanand is not new, he is in a long line of Nityananda's, Ravi Shankar's and so on, so forth. Only change I am observing is that now tantric mumbo jumbo sells better than plain vanilla yoga - the red cloth itself is perhaves more eye catching and effective than the white garb.

Baba Shivanand seems to have involved his family in his business (making it a family business) from the outset.

Harjas Kaur
11 November 2010, 05:04 AM
Guru dakshina is an "offering" given out of gratitude and love by the chela for the teachings and gift of grace that Guru bestows on chela. It is not the "price" of discipleship or the "cost" of receiving spiritual training, as in a university course.

One is a gift given after establishing a relationship, receiving something of spiritual value, and showing devotion. The other is a business transaction.

Harjas Kaur
11 November 2010, 05:15 AM
Here is an insightful article:

"They also desire to show their reverence in a tangible manner, by making an offering as a symbol of their gratitude, their appreciation for what they have received from the guru. They call it guru dakshina, a special offering that they make to the guru. Now, what is the guru dakshina that is especially pleasing to the guru?

Being sincere and earnest in sadhana, rededicating themselves to the great ideals of spirituality—renunciation, dispassion, discrimination, abhyasa, spiritual sadhana—that indeed would be the guru dakshina desired by the guru. That each disciple shines as a centre of fiery aspiration, intense fervour and total dedication to the ideal, and has a resolute determination to follow the path, to pursue the ideal come what may, to adhere to the guru’s instructions, and to live by the lofty ideals placed before us by the ancient seers and sages of whom we are descendants—that would be the dakshina desired by the guru.

In this context we remember the ancient saying, "Physician, heal thyself." First and foremost start with your own good work. Where you are, within yourself, work for the emergence of a new being within you—a new mind, a new heart, a new person within." http://www.dlshq.org/discourse/oct99.htm

Eastern Mind
11 November 2010, 07:22 AM
Vannakkam: Insightful article indeed. Inspiring and thought provoking. I hope I can add a few words on the same topic.

I remember students who would apologize for injuring or some other minor misdeed. I always reminded them that what was desired was behavioral change. "Apology is nothing. What we need is a change in behaviour."

Sadhak: I've been a student now for 40 years.
Guru: Are you still getting angry like back then?
Sadhak: Occasionally, yes.
Guru: Then I would say you haven't known me even a year.

To buy a holy lesson book is one thing, but to have the material within actually be absorbed into consciousness is quite another.

Aum Namasivaya

shambhvi
11 November 2010, 07:23 AM
It is amusing how the guru or the deciples suddenly invoke tradition to defend the money laundering, when everything else they are doing has nothing to do with any tradition.

It is another matter, that guru dakshina is as much a far cry from the variable entry fees for different seats, as day from night.

Surely there is an exchange - hard cash in return of a lifetime of delusion and despair.

Baba Shivanand is not new, he is in a long line of Nityananda's, Ravi Shankar's and so on, so forth. Only change I am observing is that now tantric mumbo jumbo sells better than plain vanilla yoga - the red cloth itself is perhaves more eye catching and effective than the white garb.

Baba Shivanand seems to have involved his family in his business (making it a family business) from the outset.

Dear SM78, everyone has right to their opinion, but in that process pls ensure that u donot slander a saint.

sant saran jo jan parai so jan uDhranhaar.
One who seeks the Sanctuary of the Saints shall be saved.
sant kee nindaa naankaa bahur bahur avtaar. ||1||
One who slanders the Saints, O Nanak, shall be reincarnated over and over again. ||1||

Blessed be

shambhvi
11 November 2010, 07:32 AM
Here is an insightful article:

Thanks Harjas Kaur, but unlike other organisations ,they do not entertain donations, they ONLY charge Guru Dakshina for what they are teaching.

From my experience I can say that I got was worth trillions of dollars no one can actually put a price to it...it was anmol.

Blessed be!

jasdir
11 November 2010, 07:56 AM
Vannakkam: Insightful article indeed. Inspiring and thought provoking. I hope I can add a few words on the same topic.

I remember students who would apologize for injuring or some other minor misdeed. I always reminded them that what was desired was behavioral change. "Apology is nothing. What we need is a change in behaviour."

Sadhak: I've been a student now for 40 years.
Guru: Are you still getting angry like back then?
Sadhak: Occasionally, yes.
Guru: Then I would say you haven't known me even a year.

To buy a holy lesson book is one thing, but to have the material within actually be absorbed into consciousness is quite another.

Aum Namasivaya

Yes! Eastren ji, this is our real position,

Generally, we tr yto make a show that we are mean, feeble, the most insignificant and unimportant persons. But when others utter the same words about us, we feel aggrieved as our inner state of mind is altogether different. When we attend the meetings, we sit on the back benches or on a low seat. But at the same time, we wish that some-one should seat us in the front rows or on a high seat. It is a mere external hypocritical, superficial and artificial show. Such like things are not covered under humility. True humility never makes outer show nor utters humble words. A humble man always considers himself low. Whatever harsh words one may utter about him, he does not retaliate. If one speaks ill of his conduct in order to grind one’s own axe, he does not bother at all. On the other hand, he feels happy. Such a person is indeed low, meak and humble. He deserves to be called a true well-wisher.

Sorry for jumping in
Your brother jasdir
"Namaste"

jasdir
11 November 2010, 08:02 AM
The taste of an apple is easy to describe for the writer.:p

The taste of the granny smith is like a taste of Spring. Fresh and juicy... sweet followed by a tangy bit of sourness. Crisp, bright, delicious.<3

O yeh!
I was thinking this a PEAR.

Maya3
11 November 2010, 08:47 AM
There is a reason it lays dormant, when you are ready you will feel it, then you will not question it.

Maya

Adhvagat
11 November 2010, 11:48 AM

Harjas Kaur
11 November 2010, 06:45 PM
Baba Shivanand is not new, he is in a long line of Nityananda's, Ravi Shankar's and so on, so forth. It is always wrong to publicly name and condemn someone else's spiritual teacher. You never really do know when you are doing nindya of a sant. We all come to this forum from a variety of viewpoints. All we can share is what we know. Hopefully, on occasion we can at least learn something from the different view.

We have nothing to judge a spiritual path or spiritual teacher with except our own experience, the shared experience of others (which is hearsay without evidence), and the actions of said organizations and spiritual teachers. Bottom line, look how well it conforms to Vedas and Shastras. Almost every sect has a divergent opinion. To analyze actions, advertisements or public behaviors from Shastric authority is not wrong. But one must be careful not to offend the reputation of another without evidence or offend the sentiments of the chelas.

When someone comes to a public discussion, that person should be prepared to hear divergent views. but those views, criticisms and/or corrections should NEVER border on slander. Who can say that our position is the right one? I think I'm right from my perspective, but God alone only knows all things. So we should approach such a subject with respectful humility. Even a bad teacher can teach good things. Even a good teacher can sometimes teach wrongly. Not every path was intended for everybody. And this is why the Precious Divine Beloved Lord takes on so many swaroops and yet remains as One in all of them.

Know this, in Kali Yuga, expect to be disappointed. Hold your teachers up to scriptural authority without condemnation. If you feel a teacher is not living up to His authority, question Him about it. If He does not give you satisfactory answer, your doubt in Him destroys the guru-chela relationship and you should find a spiritual teacher who you can have faith in. Simple.

NO ONE has any right to condemn or judge someone else's spiritual teachers. We may disagree their teachings, their approach, or disbelieve in them completely. And if asked, have a right to express our opinions. But TOLERANCE is DHARMIC. And we should all exercise tolerance for the spiritual path of another person and their Gurudev.
ahaḿ hi sarva-yaj&#241;ānāḿ
bhoktā ca prabhur eva ca
na tu mām abhijānanti
tattvenātaś cyavanti te

I am the only enjoyer and master of all sacrifices. Therefore, those who do not recognize My true transcendental nature fall down.

yānti deva-vratā devān
pitṝn yānti pitṛ-vratāḥ
bhūtāni yānti bhūtejyā
yānti mad-yājino 'pi mām

Those who worship the demigods will take birth among the demigods; those who worship the ancestors go to the ancestors; those who worship ghosts and spirits will take birth among such beings; and those who worship Me will live with Me.

patraḿ puṣpaḿ phalaḿ toyaḿ
yo me bhaktyā prayacchati
tad ahaḿ bhakty-upahṛtam
aśnāmi prayatātmanaḥ

If one offers Me with love and devotion a leaf, a flower, fruit or water, I will accept it.
~Bhagavad-Gita 9.24-26

We see Bhagavan Krishna teaches supreme tolerance for the spiritual paths people are on. Even is someone is misguided and worshiping wrongly, the mercies of the Lord are so great to accept that worship if it is given in sincerity. The responsibility for a path we are on is our own, no one else has the right to condemn or ridicule it. At the same time, we do have the right to use vivek and discriminate Dharma from adharma according to Shastric authority.

I do not agree that charging a price for spiritual lessons or services qualifies as Guru dakshina. I cannot condemn the right to different opinion of those who do.

sm78
12 November 2010, 12:36 AM
Dear SM78, everyone has right to their opinion, but in that process pls ensure that u donot slander a saint.

sant saran jo jan parai so jan uDhranhaar.
One who seeks the Sanctuary of the Saints shall be saved.
sant kee nindaa naankaa bahur bahur avtaar. ||1||
One who slanders the Saints, O Nanak, shall be reincarnated over and over again. ||1||

Blessed be

Osama Bin Laden is a saint for Wahabi fanatics.
Moa is a saint for Maoists terrorist.
Hitler was a saint and god for those believed or believe in Nazism.

By your logic we should just gulp our thoughts and witness the wrong. But you will surely have good company with such logic among Hindus.

Btw, I am not comparing this Baba with Osama or Hitler, but merely pointing out your flawed thoughts.

I had many opinions on what he says and preaches, but I have not touched them as they are specific.

But one thing is clearly wrong and it must be pointed out for everybody. Selling "dikshas", "shaktipats" for money is not guru dakshina but pure business.

sm78
12 November 2010, 12:47 AM
It is always wrong to publicly name and condemn someone else's spiritual teacher. You never really do know when you are doing nindya of a sant. We all come to this forum from a variety of viewpoints. All we can share is what we know. Hopefully, on occasion we can at least learn something from the different view.

I have no interest and hence no interest in condemning their viewpoints. That job is left for evangelists and mullahs.

But exhuberent entry fees for dikshas and kriyas is business. It doesn't need any special religious view points. And when one is doing business, he is a businessman and not a Guru.

That the afore mentioned persons are mainly after money is something which cannot be contested - their own sites and pamplets say so.

As I said I have no interest in condemning the teachings of these teachers or even these teachers (except pointing out that they are also businessmen). Sudarshan kriya or shambhavi dhyana & healing Or the high frequency vibrating shree chakra might indeed be good for people who see value in them. That's not my business.

jasdir
12 November 2010, 01:42 AM

By your logic we should just gulp our thoughts and witness the wrong. But you will surely have good company with such logic among Hindus.

Btw, I am not comparing this Baba with Osama or Hitler, but merely pointing out your flawed thoughts.

I had many opinions on what he says and preaches, but I have not touched them as they are specific.

But one thing is clearly wrong and it must be pointed out for everybody. Selling "dikshas", "shaktipats" for money is not guru dakshina but pure business.

Once a magician came in the town he showed different magics to the peoples, like: making Gold coins with magic etc............

After the show was over, he spread a cloth on the ground to contribute money,

One man who was watching the show, claimed the magician, that if you can make gold coins with your magic, than you can go and sell your gold coins, why are you spreading your cloth for the money here ?

Similarly:

There are salesman of second hand car which can go to any length to sell their second hand car.

& Similar are the magicians these days who can go to any length to sell their divine duty of Gurudom.

Humbly Sorry! If by mistake any harsh word has been used by me.

_/\_Servent jasdir.

Harjas Kaur
12 November 2010, 02:34 AM

But one thing is clearly wrong and it must be pointed out for everybody. Selling "dikshas", "shaktipats" for money is not guru dakshina but pure business.The universe moves both left and right, positive and negative. Bottom line, there is a path for everyone. There is a Guru for every level and kind of student. What is a Satguru is a personal question. I have my own opinions and try to conform to Shastric authority, but I can't dictate that to anyone else. Everyone has to find their own path. And in this world of duality, the path moves both left and right.

Even worshipers of ghosts, if they are sincere, the Divine Lord will move them closer to Dharma and their worship will become more and more pure. So there really is no need for getting upset that we live in a world of confusion, good and evil.

I have already stated my opinion that I don't believe this practice constitutes Guru Dakshina. Is there anything else I can say to make anyone else agree? No. If this is someone else's Gurudev, what do I gain by trashing him personally when I don't even know what good he might be doing someone? Everyone comes to God according to their own level of maturity and spiritual development.

If I have inside information which is factual about wrongdoing, then I have a Dharmic obligation to notify and warn. OTHERWISE, it is simply criticisms and hearsay. How can I ever know someone with a drug problem didn't have their life saved by "believing" in something I don't? This is the kind of thing, it's totally unproductive to bash and trash someone else's spiritual teachers. If you don't agree, then don't follow. Express a viewpoint, and say your peace. But seriously, you just listed the world's most notorious political figures and mass murderers and associated them with this Gurudeva and that's craziness. Chill a little.

There are many levels of Guru. He can be totally valid within his own sampradaya tradition. I have some measure of respect for cannibalistic tantric Aghoris. At least they are true to their traditions. Hinduism is many religions plural, including many tribal practices and faiths. We get nowhere trying to force conformity with one morality and one point of view.

Do I accept Left hand path tantric marg with it's dubious morality, drinking, drug-taking, sex magic, and/or even murder? No. What is Adharmic remains Adharmic even if dressed in holy robes. But...without having direct personal knowledge about criminal wrong-doing I have no right to accuse without facts any particular person. From a philosophical perspective, people who choose even a notorious path have the RIGHT to their beliefs. In the case of Osama and Mao and Hitler, we have facts and evidence of crimes. ANYONE regardless of notorious or not, has to accrue karma for misdeeds. No worry about our condemnation, everything is known to the Divine.

No point in getting upset at fake or evil teachers, since, this world is filled with fake and evil students who get exactly the Guru for their level of spiritual development. But I cannot judge that anyone in particular is fake or evil in the absence of direct knowledge. And I would not condemn our new guest shambhvi with such notorious associations unjustly.

It's simply disrespectful to someone nice here.

I personally believe some of these paths and teachers will lead to disaster. Those who chose to follow them have to bear that responsibility for their choices. All I can do is recommend Shastric authority.

Harjas Kaur
12 November 2010, 02:55 AM
"But you will surely have good company with such logic among Hindus."

I almost missed this. I'm glad you exposed your clearly anti-Hindu bias. Not only are you equating some business-minded Guru with notorious war criminals, but you also accuse Hindus.

Seriously, why are you even on this forum?

sankar
12 November 2010, 03:03 AM

Dakshina is a must, it is understandable charging high amount from rich people, but there should be discount for the poor. It would be so terrible, if a poor is not allowed to attend meditation(or yoga) for he cannot pay big amounts.

regards.....

sankar
12 November 2010, 03:53 AM

dear sm78,

circumstances are not the same everywhere, it would be wiser if you made such remarks about person or organisations after hearing their explanation for why they are doing so.

sm78
12 November 2010, 04:58 AM
I almost missed this. I'm glad you exposed your clearly anti-Hindu bias. Not only are you equating some business-minded Guru with notorious war criminals, but you also accuse Hindus.

Seriously, why are you even on this forum?

Yes I have the guts to point out the weakness and wrong in my society in which I live everyday of my life. The reason for doing so is with hope that mistakes are corrected and we become better people. I have a great interest in the betterment for this society for my own good, apart from the purely ideological reasons.

If hindus are really the greatest people on earth, india and hindus will not have been viewed and treated as greatest suckers and doormat by the world.That too for well over a millenium.

I have seen a tendency among most NRI people to blindly defend everything associated with the indian culture and blindly criticize everything of the culture they are earning their bread and butter from.

This behaviour is extremely strange for me to fathom and seems like a strange guilt ridden conscience speaking. It is extremely un-hindu and un-ethical to always defecate on the hand the feeds you...and rant non stop on goodness of a culture you don't live in (which surely has its evils, very dark ones) and you don't seem play any part in improving as well apart from ranting in a forum.

Regarding the Baba question I don't get your point. Who disagreed about paths, personal choice etc? But if somebody is doing business using the holy tradition of Guru - which is a sacred institution of my culture, I cannot protest?? How is this not different from not being able to protest when someone bombs you?? I know first hand of the harm these baba's do to the society.

Sorry, its not only about their followers but when a "Nityananda" is cought with pants down, the whole Hindu society has bear the brunt. This is one aspect. Also by spreading wrong ideas and vague and fake notions these babas are also weaking the society and its ability to think. Its duty of all Hindus to strip down this fake stars. In Indian socity no one was supposed to be persecuted, but that doesn't mean everybody will go unchallanged. A fake has to be relvealed as fake. That doesn't mean tomorrow a bunch of saffron clads will go and murder this baba or prevent his satsangs. But ofcourse one can expose the fake teachings and money laundering activities under the red garb - but I was doing much less, never touched his teachings.

shambhvi
12 November 2010, 06:47 AM
Dakshina is a must, it is understandable charging high amount from rich people, but there should be discount for the poor. It would be so terrible, if a poor is not allowed to attend meditation(or yoga) for he cannot pay big amounts.

regards.....

Poor people get discounts...& sometimes even get it free..

blessed be

shambhvi
12 November 2010, 06:58 AM

Sm78..its said ...a person sees in the other person, what he himself is...there are people who see goodness even in a chor...

Baba is a saint...btw the money that the trust charges goes to poor kids for schools opened there...ashram created where one cud go n meditate..away from cities...goshalas...seva of cow is v v imp.
u might want to read old scriptures of how IMP gaye mata is...her urine, gobar is so healthy etc..

anyways...u might create a karma...you dont know what you dont know...

may Lord Shiva bless u with subudhi!

shambhvi
12 November 2010, 07:16 AM
Yes I have the guts to point out the weakness and wrong in my society in which I live everyday of my life. The reason for doing so is with hope that mistakes are corrected and we become better people. I have a great interest in the betterment for this society for my own good, apart from the purely ideological reasons.

Cool do dat but dont yell around...cursing saints...when you DONT know them. STOP judging because of media..

If hindus are really the greatest people on earth, india and hindus will not have been viewed and treated as greatest suckers and doormat by the world.That too for well over a millenium.

Well dat really depends on a persons mentality

I have seen a tendency among most NRI people to blindly defend everything associated with the indian culture and blindly criticize everything of the culture they are earning their bread and butter from.

Well I love Canada too, I never criticize her...If India is my mother, Canada is my Massi...love them both dearly..

This behaviour is extremely strange for me to fathom and seems like a strange guilt ridden conscience speaking. It is extremely un-hindu and un-ethical to always defecate on the hand the feeds you...and rant non stop on goodness of a culture you don't live in (which surely has its evils, very dark ones) and you don't seem play any part in improving as well apart from ranting in a forum.

Mr SM78 , there ills everywhere..why look outside, look inside...in the mind..there are good thoughts & bad ones, it depends how you take it..how u make lemonade of a sour lemon one gets from life..good luck to u

Regarding the Baba question I don't get your point. Who disagreed about paths, personal choice etc? But if somebody is doing business using the holy tradition of Guru - which is a sacred institution of my culture, I cannot protest?? How is this not different from not being able to protest when someone bombs you?? I know first hand of the harm these baba's do to the society.

How can you say that hes bombing us?????? have you been to his class?????? have you experienced the bliss?????you are judging basis inputs from media...thats ignorance...

Sorry, its not only about their followers but when a "Nityananda" is cought with pants down, the whole Hindu society has bear the brunt. This is one aspect. Also by spreading wrong ideas and vague and fake notions these babas are also weaking the society and its ability to think. Its duty of all Hindus to strip down this fake stars. In Indian socity no one was supposed to be persecuted, but that doesn't mean everybody will go unchallanged. A fake has to be relvealed as fake. That doesn't mean tomorrow a bunch of saffron clads will go and murder this baba or prevent his satsangs. But ofcourse one can expose the fake teachings and money laundering activities under the red garb - but I was doing much less, never touched his teachings.

Expose how????if there is nothing which you are assuming out of sheer darkness of ignorance!!!!!
Dont judge without FIRST HAND INFORMATION...you sound like an educated guy...so use brains...& judge AFTER FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE...good day sm78
May lord shiva bless u wid subudhi

Namahshivaye

shambhvi
12 November 2010, 07:27 AM
Once a magician came in the town he showed different magics to the peoples, like: making Gold coins with magic etc............

After the show was over, he spread a cloth on the ground to contribute money,

One man who was watching the show, claimed the magician, that if you can make gold coins with your magic, than you can go and sell your gold coins, why are you spreading your cloth for the money here ?

1. what you are talking about is showing off riddhi siddhi...genuine siddhas DONT do that..

2. Hes not collecting money for his own pocket...like I said in other posts...there are causes that are supported by trust...

lets take an example...if a class were to be organised...for 5000 ppl would you arrange for the pandaal or the hall, or would be hall wala give it FREE?? Nope...

In normal lives we have a saying...nothing comes free...& the trust doesn't charge millions of dollars..its a nominal fee...

We waste so much food..spend on unnecessary stuff...couple of $$$ here & there...if spent on gaining knowledge & finally which is going to make a difference in kids life, by giving him education...or will treat a poor old cow...which was rescued from roads of india...to give it shelter...

I know this because I have done seva in these places...

Blessed be!

Similarly:

There are salesman of second hand car which can go to any length to sell their second hand car.

& Similar are the magicians these days who can go to any length to sell their divine duty of Gurudom.

Humbly Sorry! If by mistake any harsh word has been used by me.

_/\_Servent jasdir.

Namahshivaye

sankar
12 November 2010, 07:40 AM
Poor people get discounts...& sometimes even get it free..

blessed be

good to know that ....

regards

jasdir
12 November 2010, 08:33 AM
Namahshivaye

I think better it should be:
OM Namahbabashivananda than Namahshivaye.

_/\_ Servent jasdir.

shambhvi
12 November 2010, 09:40 AM
I think better it should be:
OM Namahbabashivananda than Namahshivaye.

_/\_ Servent jasdir.

Why not ...I think its Namashkar to all the saint...holymen of all paths...they are the ones who balance out with their positiveness...the negativities...you, me or anybody may emit because ignorance, judgement, sarcasm,rudeness,hypocrisy...to name a few...

Blessed be...

NamashChandikaaye...

satay
12 November 2010, 10:49 AM
Namaste Singhi,

Your comments are surprising. You blame all NRI's to blindly defend India due to some guilt. Tell me how long will take to find negative stuff about India and Indians on the internet? I bet it won't take long for you to find all sorts of negative stuff on India on the Internet (yes by NRI and Indians). In fact, there is so much negativity about india mostly spread by Indians themselves that I make a point about deleting any posts or threads that speak anything negative about India or Indians. I am sick of hearing negative stuff about India and Indians.

India and Indians have a million problems perhaps but is it our god given right to always talk about and expose them? Can I not turn the table on you say that those Indians who complain about India all the time pretend to have guts but prbably want to suck up to their white counterparts or are doing it because they are feeling inferior because for whatever reason they are still stuck in India and are zealous of NRIs?

Aside from a couple of us on this forum, can you show me any NRIs that defend India? Actually, a bigger question, why shouldn't we since the Indians themselves are hell bent on exposing its problems in the name of securalism?

Harjas Kaur
12 November 2010, 01:00 PM
"OM Namahbabashivananda than Namahshivaye."

If our holy tradition teaches that the Guru is non-different from God for the chela, why make fun like this? And that includes absolutely all sects and paths, from Buddhism to Sikhism and everything in between Vaishnavi, Shakt, Smartas and Shaivas.

This is just of abusive mockery now.

Harjas Kaur
12 November 2010, 01:08 PM
Satay Ji, no chela should be reduced to having to defend their Gurdev on a HINDU forum, this is disgraceful. If people don't agree with him or believe in him, they don't have to. We can have respectful discussions sharing points of view without disrespectfully bashing and trashing or hurting someone's sentiments.

I feel bad because it was an interesting discussion and shambhvi shared something beautiful and meaningful to her and that is her gift to us as a human being. We don't have to agree this Gurdev, but absolutely no reason to disrespect him at all...especially in the ABSENCE of any credible first hand knowledge of anything, it just becomes flaming a public personality to bash the Hindu religious tradition of which even tantric mantrics play a respected and valid role.

This topic is derailed now with anti-Hindu hate because of a sant nindak, since this fellow did not even stop at this Gurdev but impeached entire Hindu culture of which there are many sants. Nobody improves culture by spreading anti-Hindu bias. Seriously,

"If hindus are really the greatest people on earth, india and hindus will not have been viewed and treated as greatest suckers and doormat by the world.That too for well over a millenium."

Do we really have to tolerate this on a HINDU forum when same is found virtually every other forum? And talk about EGO...

What a load. He doesn't even have a single factual piece of evidence of wrong-doing all he engages in is slander.

It is extremely un-hindu and un-ethical to always defecate on the hand the feeds you...and rant non stop on goodness of a culture you don't live in (which surely has its evils, very dark ones) and you don't seem play any part in improving as well apart from ranting in a forum.

This is ridiculous. Doesn't this fellow have any self-control?

shambhvi
12 November 2010, 05:37 PM
Guru Dakshina is Tan, Man & Dhan,

"Tan Santan ka, Dhan santan ka, Man Santan ka Kiya
Sant parsad har naam tihaya sarab kushal tab thia" GGS # Sauradi mohalla 5/610,

"Kin bid mile gusai mere ram rai"
"Koi aisa Sant sehaj sukhdata mohe marag de batie" GGS # Gauri purbi mohalla 5/204,

means:

O my "God" which is the way to meet "Lord"
Or please grant me any "Saint" who can tell me the path towards you".

jasdir.

Jio..these days..people having issues in paying the dhan, what you talking...mann & tann is a distant dream...

Its all a play of sanskaras..

shambhvi
12 November 2010, 05:43 PM
Guru dakshina is an "offering" given out of gratitude and love by the chela for the teachings and gift of grace that Guru bestows on chela. It is not the "price" of discipleship or the "cost" of receiving spiritual training, as in a university course.

One is a gift given after establishing a relationship, receiving something of spiritual value, and showing devotion. The other is a business transaction.

Harjas ji , I was just wondering...how can we even compare the kripa received from a saint & who guided how to burn the sanchit karma, so we could meet the Ultimate God...these offerings...like fee or guru dakshina is negligible compared to it...

In olden people used to give their Raaj paath...to the saint...who showed them the true path..

Harjas Kaur
12 November 2010, 06:57 PM
"these offerings...like fee or guru dakshina is negligible compared to it..."

Fee: "a fixed charge for a privilege or for professional services."

Offering: "something offered; especially : a sacrifice ceremonially offered as a part of worship c : a contribution to the support of a religious institution."

There is a very fine line between charging for the privilege of spirituality, or receiving a gift without any price tag and making a contibution/donation out of gratitude.

When services of a Guru are charged like a university professor charges for a course, it ceases to be traditional Guru-chela relationship and devolves into a business transaction between equal partners. Now, since course and services have been promised and paid for, it must be delivered. Guru becomes the servant of chela, in bondange to a business deal. But if Guru stands in place of Almighty God, no one can dictate any terms to Him. What He gives is sheer gift. And yes, you are right, some have given their wealth and kingdom abandoning all after receiving authentic teachings. But it was never as a purchase price.

NayaSurya
12 November 2010, 11:31 PM
This thread was a sincere question about kundalini symptoms, not about guru...and if you all would like to argue about this...wouldn't it be better to move it over to the place created for such debates instead of confusing the OP with this convoluted discussion absolutely, completely unholy and unrelated to his question?

As I stated with as much kindness as I could muster in my previous post...we are both householders with a full house. We would be the last beings on this rock to pay to have someone tamper with our set up.

Please, go here.

http://hindudharmaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71

jasdir
13 November 2010, 12:05 AM
Jio..these days..people having issues in paying the dhan, what you talking...mann & tann is a distant dream...

Its all a play of sanskaras..

As their is lot of difference between School /college FEES & FAREWELL, which students use to give to their teachers as a respect after reciving the education of pirticular ART.

FEES is a Complusary mode of payment,
FAREWELL is not a Complusary mode of payment, it can be less or more according to the student,

Similarly: there is lot of difference between FEES & DAKSHINA(farewell),

One true spiritual teacher or master is like a "God"
"God" means "Data"
"Data" is ment for who always use to give, NOT take.

*One true spiritual teacher ever use to give simple teachings free of cost,
*The teachings of true spiritual teacher are always equal for all,

To service with Tan,Man, or Dhan is not complusary, it is the wish of student to improve his/her own spiritruality,

"Sewa te Simran bakshi gur meraya"
Means:
O my guru please grant me the gift of service & devotion,

There is no other big gift than Service & divition for one True student.

Harjas Kaur
13 November 2010, 12:44 AM
"This thread was a sincere question about kundalini symptoms, not about guru...and if you all would like to argue about this...wouldn't it be better to move it over to the place created for such debates instead of confusing the OP with this convoluted discussion absolutely, completely unholy and unrelated to his question?

As I stated with as much kindness as I could muster in my previous post...we are both householders with a full house. We would be the last beings on this rock to pay to have someone tamper with our set up.

Please, go here."

http://hindudharmaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71
This Sanatana Dharma tradition teaches that it's absolutely necessary to have a Guru preceptor for the development of kundalini siddhis, and hence the question of kundalini response and spiritual Master are absolutely related. Also this is an area of notorious abuse and misinformation, even of leading to mental instability.

If you want only specific answers to only the OP question then perhaps you should try a more structured forum. On this forum generally people are free to express their opinions which are often branches off a particular question.

You could also try redirecting the question by giving specific answers from your experience, as I'm sure the negative qualities of tantric teachers are already abundantly in people's consciousness.

And if you don't like that, maybe you can go....there....wherever your link takes you. Because your response to all the forum participants here was not very kind.

NayaSurya
13 November 2010, 12:52 AM
This Sanatana Dharma tradition teaches that it's absolutely necessary to have a Guru preceptor for the development of kundalini siddhis, and hence the question of kundalini response and spiritual Master are absolutely related. Also this is an area of notorious abuse and misinformation, even of leading to mental instability.

If you want only specific answers to only the OP question then perhaps you should try a more structured forum. On this forum generally people are free to express their opinions which are often branches off a particular question.

You could also try redirecting the question by giving specific answers from your experience, as I'm sure the negative qualities of tantric teachers are already abundantly in people's consciousness.

And if you don't like that, maybe you can go....there....wherever your link takes you. Because your response to all the forum participants here was not very kind.

My response to this fight was very kind, the link is a folder for arguments and debates which come from innocent questions...it was created for this very reason.

Secondly, the question was what is kundalini like, not how to get it awakened...as he would be the last one to want such a thing. This simple question derailed into a fight, a very hurtful one, which has nothing to do with explaining symptoms of kundalini.

--------------------------

So, does anyone have any advice for one who may have involuntarily caused some sort of Kundalini symptoms?

jasdir
13 November 2010, 01:23 AM
This simple question derailed into a fight, a very hurtful one, which has nothing to do with explaining symptoms of kundalini.

NayaSurya ji, Very sorry to say you that:

I am empty vessel,

& Empty Vessels always creates sound when they hit each other.

Namaste by Jasdir

Harjas Kaur
13 November 2010, 02:12 AM
"My response to this fight was very kind, the link is a folder for arguments and debates which come from innocent questions..."

People aren't like a computer you can plug in for perfect answers. To be honest it's a rather contentious area, different sects, people will interpret differently. And those disagreements are bound to clash. Let me just explain this way...tantrics usually perform riddh siddh (display of powers). Tantrics sometimes engage in what is popularly known as black magic for exploitation and even immoral sex magic.

As I say, it is a contentious area of discussion, regardless of the innocence of the original question. And this is where you will hear heated opinions about the Dharmic qualifications of a spiritual master....precisely because most of the notorious scandals come from this branch of the yogi tree.

we are both householders with a full house. We would be the last beings on this rock to pay to have someone tamper with our set up.

Well, in SD, you know Shastric authority recommends a Guru preceptor. Withour a Guru, or sampraday lineage, most people would view the Kundalini shaktis as 1. far too dangerous to leave unadvised... 2. probably fraudulent or error ridden.

Most people will give you the common answer...consult a teacher with experience in Kundalini and who is reputable, hence, one of the answers here recommending their personal Gurdev.

"This thread was a sincere question about kundalini symptoms, not about guru...and if you all would like to argue about this..."

If you have symptoms of diabetes, you go to a doctor, you don't just settle for advice from Tom, Dick and Harry. Some people (due to very evident and real abuses) do not believe in or accept Gurus. Hence the fight... Go to a doctor and get ripped off or play do-it-yourself dangerous spirituality.

Have you considered there may not be a suitable answer to your question?

"This simple question derailed into a fight, a very hurtful one, which has nothing to do with explaining symptoms of kundalini."

Yes, I didn't like the way it turned out either. But it does pertain to the Kundalini experience and problems which are absolutely notoriously known. I don't like to name names or slander but just for sake of pointing out notorious tantric Masters and Kundalini experiences among disciples...

OSHO (Bjagwan Shree Rajneesh) and Swami Muktananda.

Now, I do happen to know people who were once chelas of both. And I do not disbelieve they had valid experiences. Both teachers also wrote famous books detailing far more in answer to your question than you will ever pick up here...and both were implicated in HUGE scandals resulting in loss of faith and even suicides.

AGAIN, Kundalini is a power that overpowers without proper guidance and proper purification practices. It's like LSD or something...even though it is (well maybe more like DMT) endogenous to the human physiology.

OP:

What does Kundalini energy feel like?

Does anyone know if it has a specific feeling?

Answer...yes. It's closely associated with nervous system. Lists of sensations and automatic reflex reactions can be found on the internet.

Energy takes various forms and is perceived by different people in different ways according to particular blocks the energy is trying to flow through. Basically I have encountered this when people were in severe imbalance, (having nervous breakdowns), and so, grounding techniques are preferable as opposed to more spiritual practice and intensity and less and less control. Yes, people can and do go crazy if they don't respect the balance of the body-mind and kundalini crises are often precipitated with overly zealous intensive practices, physical injuries and moments of terrific stress.

Just as a light bulb can burn out if too much wattage is applied that it can't handle, so can energy flows through the body disrupt healthy functioning. On the other hand, those ashramas with strong balancing, dietary, psychological and emotional purification practices often have good results in spiritual well-being, less violent awakenings and under expert guidance, spiritual progress.

Expert, reputable and knowledgeable Yoga groups that I have respected which have well-trained staff to deal with unusual problems like Kundalini awakening sometimes brings are Swami Sivananda Organization and Kripalu Ashtanga system.

http://www.sivananda.org/

http://www.kripalu.org/index.php?gclid=CMfy5u2rnaUCFQsGbAodCBoUIg (http://www.kripalu.org/index.php?gclid=CMfy5u2rnaUCFQsGbAodCBoUIg)

NayaSurya
13 November 2010, 02:22 AM
Thank you so very very much.<3 I do realize you all have busy lives and so I am grateful for your time to further explain.

I had a few beloved friends leave here and I completely agreed with your post on page 4 or 5 about this which is why my husband asked me to post.

The last thing we wanted is a post from our home to cause another conversation on this topic, but I understand your points about why it would come up. It always amazes me how deep the answer to such a question can run.

Again, Ron and I both thank you so much for the information. He does have a disability he is very sensitive to energy and I do believe it aggravated this situation.

Harjas Kaur
13 November 2010, 02:40 AM
"He does have a disability he is very sensitive to energy and I do believe it aggravated this situation."

It won't hurt to have him see an ayurvedic doctor and jyotishi. There may be simple dietary adjustments can make a huge difference. (Always respecting his own medical doctor's recommendations first.)

Just think in terms of energy bleedthrough. There are (in my belief) spiritual realms that are ordinarily imperceivable. When certain dormant psychic energies are brought to the surface for a variety of reasons, karma from past life practices, stress and imbalances of various kinds, exposure to toxins, accidents, genetic sensitivities, electro-magnetic contamination of the environment, sometimes these realms or beings in these realms can drive a person off balance. As in someone who starts hearing voices or buzzing noises, etc.

Now think in terms of reducing exposure to more energy than you can handle. The greatest spirituality in the world has nothing to do with powers but with healing what is wounded in the human heart so it can truly love.

So think about ways in your own environment to reduce electro-magnetic radiation. And consider (if you don't already have) calming meditation practices, simple yoga stretches and breathing techniques. And if the issue involves personal trauma like veteran's sometimes suffer, consider a spiritual counselor if you can't find a guru that you can trust. because sometimes energy bleedthrough begins to happen like a toothache will occur. Why does a tooth ache? because it needs to draw attention to something that desires to be healed.

All kundalini energy is doing is coursing through the chakras and opening closed off blocked areas. But if someone isn't ready to handle what might amount to a massive influx of unconscious psychological material or even past life traumas, or if they aren't in any fitness or balance, the energy runs both ways, positive and negative and is morally neutral.

So my advice is never how to stimulate it but how to quiet it down, lol. And then the real spiritual work can begin on reflecting on why those areas were energetically blocked to begin with and that requires far more expertise than I could ever give.

Think detox
Think calming practices
Think psychological and emotional grounding
Think relying on loving support systems.

And that's really all I can recommend.

shambhvi
13 November 2010, 03:55 AM
@ sangat in this who are not convinced with my answers...I dont care...my karma & budhi is convinced that my Guru Baba Shivanand is doing a great job for humanity.

I am anyways not fighting a case for him ...nor running a branding promotion here...just shared so anyone who likes...might join him..lolzz...

If its in your karma you will meet him or any such saint, whose genuine...if NOT...then thats ur karma...

namahshivaye

yajvan
13 November 2010, 11:19 AM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

A note from the co-administrator:

namasté

It seems this overall thread has caused quite a stir in the last 24 hours. I'd ask the parties to reconsider further posting by keeping them level-headed.

If there comes a point where some parties wish to debate each other we will then move this conversation to the jalpa folder as needed.

praṇām

satay
15 November 2010, 08:47 AM
Admin Post

This thread is to collect all the irrelevant posts from the other Kundilini thread.