PDA

View Full Version : Few questions to consider.

jasdir
22 November 2010, 08:06 AM
Q1: Who are Deities ?

Q2: Deities worship whom ?

Q3: What is the relation between God & Deities ?

Q4: What is the relation between Deities & humanbeings ?

Q5: Can Deities help us on the physical plane ?

yajvan
22 November 2010, 10:41 AM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté and hello jasdir,

Before we answer ( or at least for me) what are your thoughts on this matter?

Also let me suggest you are amongst friends here on HDF , and it is our custom to say hello , and greet the reader. May I also suggest that it is advisable to offer some preamble to your questions to position or describe your query.

We then can get a 'feel' for your request.

praṇām

Eastern Mind
22 November 2010, 11:33 AM
Vannakkam Jasdir:

I agree with Yajvan.

There could be several reasons you are asking the questions, and it would be helpful to know.

Examples:
You honestly have no idea and want to learn or hear views so you can decide.
You want to see how many different views there are.
You're hoping someone will say something that you disagree with so you can engage in debate.
You're posing it to add to the topics already being discussed on these forums.

So personally, I'd like to know, as my response will probably vary dependant on that.

Best wishes.

Aum Namasivaya

Riverwolf
22 November 2010, 06:32 PM

Aspects of reality.

We should establish that those aspects are self-conscious, first. I've never seen any external indication of this.

God is the source and controller of these aspects.

Those aspects effect us.

They can both help and hinder us, but I don't know if they consciously do so.

sanjaya
22 November 2010, 11:39 PM
You honestly have no idea and want to learn or hear views so you can decide.

That's about where I'm at when it comes to topics such as these.

jasdir
23 November 2010, 12:22 AM
The reasons I am asking the questions, because:
I Very honestly have no idea and want to learn or hear views of RESPECTED FORUM MEMBERS so that I can decide.

_/\_Namaste, Vannakkam & Parnam by your forum member JASDIR.

jasdir
23 November 2010, 12:32 AM
Aspects of reality.

We should establish that those aspects are self-conscious, first. I've never seen any external indication of this.

God is the source and controller of these aspects.

Those aspects effect us.

They can both help and hinder us, but I don't know if they consciously do so.

Riverwolf ji, Thankyou so much for giving your valuable time & comments to Reply on the post.
_/\_Namaste by Jasdir.

Believer
23 November 2010, 04:44 AM
Interesting questions.

Just replace the word Deities with Guru Granth Sahib, and you will have all your answers. You will not need to ask us anything. It really is that simple. Hope we have given you what you are asking for. We always make time for guests and make them feel at home. Exchange of information is what this forum is all about. So, maybe you can tell us what the answers to your questions will be when you substitute Deities with Guru Granth Sahib. Won't you enlighten us and make us learn more about your faith too? It will help tremendously in fostering friendships. May you be happy and peaceful.

yajvan
23 November 2010, 07:40 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté jasdir,

I Very honestly have no idea and want to learn or hear views of RESPECTED FORUM MEMBERS so that I can decide.

Let me contribute to what has been given above.

deva is rooted in div to shine , be bright . You may see it written every now and then as dyvas.
devá is defined a heavenly, divine. Many then will say heavenly (deva) or shining ones (div) as in the víśve devā́s.Many count them as 33 , 11 for each of the 3 worlds ; others see the 33 as the 8 vasu-s + 11 rudras+ 12 āditya-to which we add the 2 aśvins = 33.

Now there are many conversations that suggest 33,000. Consider this HDF post for more information: http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=815&highlight=33%2C000 (http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=815&highlight=33%2C000)

Yet who (for me) is the final authority on this matter? I look to the wisdom of the muni yajñavalkya-ji and his review found in the bṛhadaraṇyaka upaniṣad in the kaṇḍa ( section ) named after him called the yajñavalkya kaṇḍa; then the sub-section of this is kaṇḍa where the conversation takes place is called the sākalya brāhmaṇa.

You will see the numbers that have been forementioned,why Believer offers 3, and finally how yajñavalkya-ji comes to the one final Being , brahman.

praṇām

words

sākalya - whole, complete; in this upaniṣad it is the name of one of the brahmins that question yajñavalkya-ji ;
some use the word this way too, sakala, meaning
possessing all its component parts , complete , entire , whole , all

Eastern Mind
23 November 2010, 10:12 PM

Vannakkam Jasdir: These are just my personal answers and shouldn't be misconstrued as speaking for all Hindus. I'm speaking from Saiva perspective.

1) Dieties are both God (Siva) and God's Big helpers. (Murugan and Ganesha) They are actually vibratory rates both within the microcosm of the mind, and the macrocosm of the universe.

2) Deities worship the Supreme God Siva, except for Siva Himself, as He worships no one.

3) pretty much explained in 1 and 2

4) God Siva is Big brother, Fathr, Mother, Absolute Reality beyond all form, energy flowing through all form, the First Soul, and more. Omniscient, transcendent, omnipotent, Loving, Benevolent, Uncreated Cause, and more. In short he is All and in All. We are parts of Him, and are destiny is Merger with Him.

5) Yes, it is their very nature to help, to goad us, to tug us, but only in the ways that enhance outr spiritual development, and bring us closer to Him.

Aum Namasivaya

jasdir
25 November 2010, 05:02 AM
Yajvan ji,
Eastren mind ji,

Very nicely explained in your replies,
Thankyou so much,

Namaste by Jasdir.