PDA

View Full Version : Saivite magazine ideas...

Alise
23 November 2010, 10:28 AM
Namaste,
I was busy with personal matters & now I have school, so I'm sorry for not writing for so long...
Anyway, I started a Hindu (Shaivite) magazine for kids in latvian called 'My Friend Ganesha', I could post it online in pdf format but doubt you could understand my language, so I would like you to post some ideas & maybe some stories that I could feature in my magazine? I would want to start latvian website too, but don't know if it's good idea & what website would be about? I have skills & creativity for website.
Also again for my magazine, I just finished 2nd issue December, 2010. First was for October, but I didn't have program to make November one with.
Basically my magazine features article about various topics like dharma, Ganesha, Shiva, Hinduism, Karma etc., there are coloring pages, information about that month's festival (thank God, Gurudeva created Pancha Ganapati), monthly hindu wisdom page, recipe, bhajan for magazine's main topic, coloring comics and so on. Only thing I could add for this month's magazine is reader stories (who I don't have) or maybe magazine reviews (which I can't have). So still I also would like to know what would be good ideas for creating magazine for adults?

So any creative ideas would be appreciated. Also, I'm creating this for Saivism since Vaishnavites already have center & websites & so in Latvia...

Have a nice day,
~Alice

P.S. Sorry for making this topic a messy one.

Eastern Mind
23 November 2010, 11:24 AM
Vannakkaam SA:

Wonderful idea. Soon Latvia will be the TN of Europe. Did you try the Grade level textbook curricula proposed for the US done by Himalayan Academy? Seems to me you could just translate and simplify some of those materials.

But putting your own Latvian spin on it will make it more to the liking of the locals. Things like localising the analogies. Best wishes on a wonderful project.

Aum Namasivaya

Alise
23 November 2010, 01:39 PM
Namaste,

Eastern Mind, I already use materials by Himalayan Academy (AND contacted them to get permission) :) Thank you so much for replying :)

I would love to have many more ideas. I could show how I made it, even though you wouldn't understand at least you would know the design :)

Have a nice day,
~Alice

c.smith
23 November 2010, 03:56 PM
Absolutely fantastic and much needed! Please keep at it and keep us in the loop. Can we access the magazine, but yes, I for one would need it in English.

Om Namah Sivaya!