PDA

View Full Version : The man responsible - Constantine

satay
31 March 2006, 10:36 AM
"In the year AD 312 something very important happened, something which should change Roman religion forever. The emperor Constantine the Great said he had had a sign from the god of the Christians in a dream in the night before he had an important battle. Emperor Constantine won this battle and thereafter showed his gratitude to the Christian god by turning his entire empire over to this new religion.

So, successful was emperor Constantine at this conversion that the Roman empire remained Christian forever. If the countries of the western world are largely Christian today, then it is because of emperor Constantine's decision.
"

satay

Singhi Kaya
03 April 2006, 01:02 PM
"In the year AD 312 something very important happened, something which should change Roman religion forever. The emperor Constantine the Great said he had had a sign from the god of the Christians in a dream in the night before he had an important battle. Emperor Constantine won this battle and thereafter showed his gratitude to the Christian god by turning his entire empire over to this new religion.

So, successful was emperor Constantine at this conversion that the Roman empire remained Christian forever. If the countries of the western world are largely Christian today, then it is because of emperor Constantine's decision.
"

satay
When christ came (of course, that itself is doubtful) hardly anyone listened to him. Then one fine morning romans took the religion and since then it has spread like virus to rest of the world. Many key battles were won on the basis of this religion.

Mohammad's story is similar. At first no-one was listning to his non-sense schizophrenic rant. Then he created a small band of followers mainly consisting of slaves and focussed on looting traders between mecca and medina. And the very first mission was huge success. It was an eye-opener for this great asurik man and he immediately produced an ayat declaring that all world must be made Islamic.

So are the stories of 2 greatest asurik doctrines which together have trapped half of world's population halting their progress beyong animal-hood. It happend suddenly as most revolutions happen, and before it happened no-one outside gave a damn or ever worried that such a thing is possible. The case of Islam is clinic book case. At times I'm surprised how such a thing is possible-and then the essence of hindu philosophy, the last chapter of Gita comes into mind. For lord doesn't do karma, he is everything yet he is beyond everything. Our destiny is in our hands. When we choose the stronger path of dharma world will benefit, when we choose the weaker path of appeasement adharma will rule.

So let us resolve that we will elimanate this doctrine of lust and hatred disguised as a religion and make earth a better place. God will be with us. It wasn't mohammed or constantine (or Mao or Hitler) that bring forth and make such revolutions possible, it is nature's own revenge to the spiritual men who had became too reluctant about their duties. They were just the "nimitta matrang". Let us become the "nimitta matrang" in the battle for dharma, victory is ascertained, for dharma wins in the end.

nekozuki
08 April 2006, 06:26 PM
Constantine ruined Rome with Christianity, why do you think it fell afterwards? The gods were mad. Sure Rome had political problems and economic problems before Constantine but it's like it went really downhill after that.

Namo Narayana
08 April 2006, 08:58 PM
i read somewhere constantine refused to convert to christianity and in the last war he was facing defeat and he promised to convert to christianity if the catholics helped him. he only converted at his deathbed , i read.

nekozuki
09 April 2006, 04:28 PM
I make some people made by saying what if it was an UFO with a digital sign ;) But I just do it when some people are eaten up with it.

Namo Narayana
09 April 2006, 08:48 PM
I make some people made by saying what if it was an UFO with a digital sign ;) But I just do it when some people are eaten up with it.

is it any relevant to the topic nekozuki ?

nekozuki
09 April 2006, 09:07 PM
I meant the cross he saw in the sky. Sry. Of course that didn't happen. I make it a joke because people blame everything that happened in the ancient world on aliens.