PDA

View Full Version : The HDF Admin Role

yajvan
24 November 2010, 10:08 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

It seems to me my contribution to HDF is offering the best posts and insights I have studied, experienced or been taught regarding sanātana dharma.

I have found that taking on the admin role has constrained this ability - not to my liking. So, I have asked satay to please take on the full administration of HDF once more.

He quite good at it as I see it.

Thought to let our HDF members know...

praṇām

saidevo
24 November 2010, 10:32 PM
namaste Yajvan.

I am surprised at this sudden decision of yours! I was glad that you were 'seen' in more posts on all subjects being an Admin than you would be otherwise. I can understand that the role of Admin imposes constraints on your svAdhyAya, but you would also understand that HDF has grown large with 2000 members posting about every subject under the sun and that with your scholarship and knowledge, you are the best choice for Satay. I would therefore request you to play your role for some time and help Satay.

If anyone thinks why I can't take up the role being the 'most reputed' member, let me make it clear that I have NOT gone through a single text of the Hindu shAstras IN FULL, including the Bagavad GItA! I guess my popularity is due to the presentation of what I happen to know and find--'crafting' as Satay has admirably put it more than once. This is only the truth as I know it, and not humility about me. Further, I devote much time for my translations of the Tamizh books on the Kanchi and Shringeri ShankarAchAryas.

Other members such as Devotee (who seems to be back), EM, Sanjaya, Brahman, Sahasranama, Ekanta, TTA--to name a few--have much knowledge about Hindu Dharma, although not in every area. Perhaps the solution if Satay can't manage it alone is to create a team of moderators: Sanjaya and TTA to be in charge of all discussions with Abrahamic religions and Hindu Dharma rakShaNa, Brahman, Sahasranama and Ekanta about traditional Hinduism and EM and Devotee about over the overall supervision with wider powers to edit any post.

Eastern Mind
25 November 2010, 06:38 AM
Vannakkam Yajvan: I understand this. From my point of view it would be 'Who am I in this discussion?" a lot. Or it would simply seem like a conflict of interest. So you have to doublethink a lot, which decreases your clarity of what it is you want to say.

And yet, SOMEBODY has to do it, or HDF ceases to exist. This has been a dilemma for various souls throughout and there have been parables written about it. Isn't "Who shall bell the cat?" one of them? I was that SOMEBODY at the beginning of out temple here.

I respect your choice, and hope that Satay manages to keep this place afloat. I do think if it came time to see the ship sinking, a group of members could work by committee together. Perhaps there are other solutions such as some of us being a bit more diligent in reporting offensive posts.

I hope that my attempts at humour in pointing out your new (now old) situation publicly had no bearing on your decision.

Aum Namasivaya

PARAM
25 November 2010, 08:12 AM

Satay has overloaded work here, so he needs assistance. Satay has to check many threads which are in mess because of anti-Hindu posts, he needs to clean them and ban anti-Hindus.

But banning anybody immediately is also not good, we need to check why that person is anti-Hindu, if he is a claver anti-Hindu, a paid joker, a misguided person or whatever, and then take action.

If you can take charge this is good, do whatever Satay was doing.

yajvan
25 November 2010, 08:23 AM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

Vannakkam Yajvan: I understand this. From my point of view it would be 'Who am I in this discussion?" a lot. Or it would simply seem like a conflict of interest.

Yes, this was one of the constraints...thinking clearly is key for me as the author and not as the admin.

praṇām

yajvan
25 November 2010, 08:28 AM
namaste Yajvan.

I am surprised at this sudden decision of yours! I was glad that you were 'seen' in more posts on all subjects being an Admin than you would be otherwise.

Thank you for your note... My concern remained quality of (my) posts, and my studies to offer new posts vs. quantity of reading that is needed to manage HDF. I think my value-add to HDF is in my posts and not so much in its management.

thank you again for your note.

praṇām

devotee
25 November 2010, 08:37 AM
I would urge Yajvan ji to continue. We must choose a person who is not only knowledgeable but also cool in dealing even the most controversial & hot issues. Yajvan is the person having the coolest head on this forum in addition to being knowledgeable. If senior knowledgeable members like Saidevo or EM can assist him then it can be even better (seeing the voulme of work involved) but that has to be decided by Satay.

The forum activity has increased quite a lot in recent times & to maintain the quality it stands for, Satay does need someone to assist him in this work.

OM

satay
25 November 2010, 07:18 PM
Namaste everyone,

Yes, it is unfortunate that Yajvan has decided not to continue the admin duties, however, I understand and respect his decision. The role does create a conflict of interest as EM pointed out. I much rather have Yajvan and other members post quality posts than waste their time and acting as garbage men.

Param, I don't have time to pscho analyse any anti hindu member that lies during registration process. I don't care if they were paid anti hindu or just had some emotional problem or just being an idiot. Reforming idiots is not the my responsibility thus out the go without any second thought.:cool1:

Please continue to take care of the quality and let me worry about the administration piece.

Thanks,

PARAM
26 November 2010, 10:39 AM

In this case than please realese Harjas Kaur's Thread, it was very interesting and intelligence,

As for anti-Hindus, we can tell you when we found anything. But checking is important, there are many people who go through it, we should reform it, I will tell you some thing interesting, that happened,

Once in an online community site, a person started making pro women threads, he was prised mostly by women,the owner herself a woman was liking his threads very much, men were also prised his threads. But in Ramnavmi he made an Anti-Ram thread.

He said Ram send his pregnant wife in forest and continues to enjoy the Kingdom, while Sita was with him during his vanvas. This thread draws ire

This time everybody objected, Ram was a King first, family member later, so he have to accept his subjects demand, and dynasty's honour. while women also objected, but dew to his previous threads their objection was low.

However that joker continued to give anti-Hindu view, like Lakshman abondened Urmila during vanvas, Bharat and Shatrudhan abondened their wifes during the 14 years vanvas of Ram, A British King was better than him who abondned his thorn for his wife. This time he also got some support (but for me it was like his own fake id's supporting him)

This time objection become low, but I objected That King was not married when he abondned the thorn, he was like kicked out of thorn. But he continued anti-Hindu Ram did not cared for his wife, thats why he send her to forest.

This was too much to accept, this time I challanged, That was the same 'Edward VIII' who visited India as 'Prince of Wales' during civil disobedience movement, and because of him so many Indians were attacked.
This time he was with no answer.

He only said every great person have a little wrong done in their life. This time the objection was high, Ram's work which protected his Dynasty was a Big wrong, and Edward's work with so many killings was a little wrong?

I may say "Raghu dynasty have made a promice with each other, Lakshman's was, he will serve Ram without the help of his wife Urmila, Bharat's was he will burn himself, if Ram abondens thorn, Shatrudhan was with him, he will never rule, he might take sanyan if other brothers are not will him. If Ram have abondned the thorn, than the whole Dynasty would have come to an end, with making Urmila and Shrutikirti as lonesome foreever and Urmila as widow, so that was Ram's sacrifice for the family, Dynasty and the Subjects"

No matter he did not give any heed and continued his disrespect, That makes it clear he was spreading Anti-Hindu view, and his support to british king (Christian) was now not hidden, many objected, there are many Indian (Hindu) Kings who were more great for their wife that British ruler, still he coninued.

Now you can imagine what happened, his thread was delated, but his supporters (fake id) conitue to support him, and the owner of the site made him as moderator, so I left that site.

satay
26 November 2010, 11:41 AM
Namaste,

Thanks for the post.

and the owner of the site made him as moderator, so I left that site.

You don't have to worry about that here on HDF. Just report the posts that you see are against the rules of HDF.

anirvan
28 April 2011, 02:58 AM
Dear Satay,

I am feeling recently that some conscious effort is being put into HDF to make it more political discussion forum. its not a issue with such discussion,but if its being done by few individual with a agenda in mind ,then it will destroy the very purpose of HDF...spreading message and true meaning of Sanatan dharma. There are lakhs of political forum on internet.

How can we know from user Id the exact Age and agenda of a person or multiple Id with same person?

pineblossom
28 April 2011, 05:52 AM
Namaste everyone,

Yes, it is unfortunate that Yajvan has decided not to continue the admin duties, however, I understand and respect his decision. The role does create a conflict of interest as EM pointed out. I much rather have Yajvan and other members post quality posts than waste their time and acting as garbage men.

Param, I don't have time to pscho analyse any anti hindu member that lies during registration process. I don't care if they were paid anti hindu or just had some emotional problem or just being an idiot. Reforming idiots is not the my responsibility thus out the go without any second thought.:cool1:

Please continue to take care of the quality and let me worry about the administration piece.

Thanks,

Namaste

Allow me to acknowledge your contribution which I suspect is rather arduous and often without much in the way of appreciation. I pray that someone steps up to the plate to share the load.

Aapka Pine.

satay
28 April 2011, 09:24 AM
namaste anir,

Dear Satay,

I am feeling recently that some conscious effort is being put into HDF to make it more political discussion forum. its not a issue with such discussion,but if its being done by few individual with a agenda in mind ,then it will destroy the very purpose of HDF...spreading message and true meaning of Sanatan dharma. There are lakhs of political forum on internet.

Please report those posts or threads for review. I haven't been able to read all the posts in the past few days.