PDA

View Full Version : What does this tell us?

Maya3
02 December 2010, 06:54 PM
By now you may have heard of the amazing scientific discovery that Nasa released their findings of today: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/03/science/03arsenic.html?_r=1&hp

I have always loved Advaita because of the non duality philosophy, we are all one and Science proves it since everything on the planet consists of the same six elements...a blade of grass, a human, a cat, a tree, etc, etc
well that was until today.

So...?

Not really sure what my question is here, but any thoughts?

Maya

Eastern Mind
03 December 2010, 07:19 AM
Vannakkam: For me it was no big surprise. I think many mystics suspected as much., even believed as much. Energy takes separate forms, (such as shakti, that we've discussed before) and there are other inner beings amongst us. That may have little mass yet they do have form.

But the scientists will see it as a 'discovery' and in a very specific way, it is. But the idea that there are greater things, other worlds, other life-giving planets, other beings and life-forms has been there in mysticism since the dawn of mysticism.

For me, if it opened some minds then its a good thing.

Aum Namasivaya

Maya3
03 December 2010, 07:27 AM
EM,
That is a good way to look at it.

Also we are talking about the physical form here, and even though it uses another building block, itīs still from earth though unique (so far)

Itīs exciting though, I canīt wait until we find something on other planets. But they are so far away...I just wish we could see it and get to know their cultures, if they have advanced cultures, itīs the lay anthropologist in me who is talking :)

Maya

Eastern Mind
03 December 2010, 07:59 AM
EM,
That is a good way to look at it.

Also we are talking about the physical form here, and even though it uses another building block, it´s still from earth though unique (so far)

It´s exciting though, I can´t wait until we find something on other planets. But they are so far away...I just wish we could see it and get to know their cultures, if they have advanced cultures, it´s the lay anthropologist in me who is talking :)

Maya

Vannakkam: I watched part of the story last night on the news as well. The reason scientists were surprised is they only look for DNA structure that is similar to the one that makes life here on this planet. They are only looking within one small field. It is not unlike the ethnocentric views of culture on our planet that have been such historical failures. Everything is interpreted within the context of 'my world view'. Anything outside of that is impossible.

Ghosts walk through walls. Octopi remember and think fairly complex things from our view. I wonder what their view of us is. Five small black and round seeds like mustard seeds all remember who they are. One is a cauliflower, another canola, etc. And Joe Average remains unimpressed?
Of course there are other forms of DNA or molecular structure, perhaps just within aromas, or other subtle energy forms like astral bodies. It seems too obvious already, at least to me.

Aum Namasivaya

Maya3
03 December 2010, 08:03 AM
Everything is interpreted within the context of 'my world view'. Anything outside of that is impossible.

Good point!

Maya