PDA

View Full Version : Change or pariṇati

yajvan
04 December 2010, 04:47 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

Can someone care to explain why a human ( from the jyotish POV) has so many changes (pariṇatiš) within one's life ?
If one would say ' it is the laws of karma at work' , yes, this would be part of the mechanics at work.
Yet form a joytish POV what are some of the core things that make this pariṇatiṃ occur? Any one have ideas they wish to share?

praṇām

words
pariṇati - change , transformation , natural development ; result , consequence , issue

Eastern Mind
04 December 2010, 06:08 PM
Vannakkam Yajvan:

Astrologically, I suppose certain planets shifting into different places alter one's view. But in more on the land notions, I have found dramatic events shift the consciousness of people. Here are some examples:

- death of a close friend or spouse
- debilitating accident
- first meeting with Guru
- first meeting with God
- first feeling of shakti
- and Hindu samskara, but wedding especially comes to mind

Most of us may be able to trace our own life changing events, but what I find odd is how some souls tend to stay in one mindset their whole lives whilst others seem to live 20 lifetimes all within this one!

Aum Namasivaya

Adhvagat
04 December 2010, 06:25 PM
I'm curious and waiting the change from Rahu to another dasha. I'm on a Rahu dasha since when I was 5 yo or something like this, so I went through the beginning process of Self awareness in it and I have no idea how I could view the world differently, feel differently about the world.

This used to make me confused, but now I see that it's all a process and each sub-Dasha (I don't know the right name) adds something new, a new challenge, something that in the end makes me a new, better person somehow.

I think these changes are the main reason for personal growth in this world and adversities are helpers in disguise.

This also leads to another curiosity of mine... We deal with so many different situations that make us grow in this life, I feel that living is to be always expanding, in all levels. So when we reach our next life, do we start from where we stopped and keep expanding from the point we 'stopped' or maybe do we go deal with another topics that need expansion and weren't dealt with in the past life?

Most of us may be able to trace our own life changing events, but what I find odd is how some souls tend to stay in one mindset their whole lives whilst others seem to live 20 lifetimes all within this one!

Aum Namasivaya

It's concerning! And this makes me feel that it's an obligation to present SD to people as a means to say: "There's an alternative to what you know! There's more to discover, there's room to expand!". But again, people who are stuck in one mentality their whole life might not be interested in that, so this responsibility becomes passive and teaching by example looks like a valid way to offer SD to those who are indeed looking for something more.

I think I lived maybe 2 or 3 lives these past 7 years. Dying is actually a very good thing! hehe

:D

Om Tat Sat

yajvan
04 December 2010, 08:07 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté EM and PI (Pietro Impagliazzo),

Both of you make good points. Change in consciousness absolutely makes a difference. We look at this via the vimśottari daśā system
( vimśottari =120 years). How one reacts to outside ( of being) stimulus.
And how does the world come to you ( to us) ? We view this via the nārāyaṇa daśā approach ... and there are many more daśā system
approaches.

I like what PI said ,

I think I lived maybe 2 or 3 lives these past 7 years. Dying is actually a very good thing! hehe

My teacher had informed us that with each meditation we are reborn - so something must of died or had been superseded in that
meditative state. So, the wise say 'many births' take place as a person unfolds their true Being. We think really dying ( which is reasonable),
the wise think of it of many rebirths from visiting samādhi. Both can be right, for the real birth comes via adhyātma ( belonging to the Self).

This idea of change that happens to us all the time - how I see it from a jyotish POV. Consider the 12 houses a 12 string guitar.
Each string is a different part of one's life ( individual, family, work, career, friends, religion, and the like). Think of the graha's as ~fingers~
that pluck the strings. With the plucking different vibrations occur within us, the atmosphere, society - just like a guitar it sends out sounds.

Now let me get a little ~fancier~ if I may. When the fingers are put together they can form cords ( E, C, B , A, etc). These cords are formed
by the graha's with other graha's working together. This we ( I ) would call yoga's in jyotish. The combination of various graha's forming
unions ( yoga's) on the strings (rāśi¹ or signs). Note that the resulting cords can be harmonious, flat, or discordant. This then becomes our experience.

We can have the influence of an individual graha, and we have the influence of many of the graha's - an orchestra as such.

This helps me visualize what is occuring. What type of 'music' is coming from one's chart? Now this is only my view of the world.
The other view and taken to be how the graha's really work is all about cycles of time, and also about the tattva's the graha's represent
in you, society, and the like. It is by the alteration of tattva's that change occurs . It is happening all the time. Why so?
All the graha's are moving. All are strumming the strings of existence all the time - hense delivering pariṇatiṃ , endlessly.

praṇām

words
rāśi राशि - a sign of the zodiac (as being a certain sum or quantity of degrees i.e. 30º); what does rāśi mean?
A a heap , mass , pile , group , multitude , quantity