PDA

View Full Version : What and where is Truth ?

jasdir
06 December 2010, 02:16 AM
Generally, it is believed that to speak truly; to describe things exactly as they are, and not to temper with facts is called 'Truth'. Which is an element of good attributes.

Now the question arises: Does fear actually depart by speaking the Truth? No, it is not so. number of peoples who speak Truth are drowned in the ocean of fear. In fact, they who tell lies seem to be fearless. Whereas, they who speak the truth remain engrossed in fear. However, it does not mean that we should stop speaking the Truth. Generally, those who tell lies and are held in high esteem in the false & intent world. To speak the Truth is a precondition to realise the Truth in the higher spiritual regions. But the truth which the Spiritual masters have been advocating refers to the Supreme Power which is an unchangeable permanency. That Truth or Supreme Power existed before the creation of the Universe, it exist unchanged since than, and it shall exist unchanged for all time to come. That Supreme Power alone is working everywhere including all the particles on this Earth.

Everything within the jurisdiction of Time & Illusion is subject to destruction. everything within the regime of Time & Illusion appear and disappear in the process of dissolution and grand dissolution. The Truth which the Spiritual masters advocate is found beyond the limits Time & Illusion and is revealed in the higher spiritual regions where the soul is cleansed of all its impurities after bathing in the true pool of Nectar.

The turth which the Spiritual masters have been advocating since time immemorial is to be struck at the mid-point between the two eyebrows. they advise the people to strike this true bargain. But the soul which has to strike the bargain is imprisoned in the cage of the body. If you come in the contact of a true Spiritual Master who advocates that your Guru (teacher) abides inside your body at the point between the eye-centre, concentrate your attention at this point and pray at the door of the Lord, your prayer will be accepted. Therefore, strike the bargain at this point. If the soul ascends to this point, it will be certainly rewarded. It will not come back empty handed. The internal Guru is the King of Kings. He will certainly confer his boons upon you. He will merge the soul in his own form and take it to higher subtle regions. He/she who reaches the door of the Truth never returns unrewarded. He/she receives many bounties like peace, contentment and poise and the soul reaches its real abode. The Lord’s door is always open. One may go there in the day or at night, come back to the same body in the morning to perform worldly affairs and enjoy the company of his/her family and eat and drink with his children as he likes. Again, at night close the eyes, reach the Lord’s door and again strike the true bargain. Only a fortunate soul is blessed which strikes this true bargain.

The Spiritual masters have been repeatedly pointing out that True bargain is to be struck at the point behind the eyes and midway between the two eyebrows where the Divine-Light and waves of Audible Life Stream descend from above upto this point and not below it. O Man ! You are imprisoned in the cage of the body. If at all, you have to strike a bargain, then strike this bargain only. You will never stand to lose but always gain. The Lord will certainly own you. O Soul ! He will certainly do something for you. This is the true bargain. Truth dwells within and the soul which is a particle of the True Lord is imprisoned in the cage of the body. The Union of the Soul (Atma) with the Lord (Parmatma) inside the body is the ‘True Bargain’

_/\_Jasdir.

brahman
06 December 2010, 06:10 AM
Very good dear jasdir.

hiranmayena patrena satyasyapihitam mukham |
tat tvam pusannapavrnu satyadharmaya drstaye 15 isavasyam

hiranmayena = by the golden, effulgent; patrena = by the orb, disk; satyasya = of the Lord, who is of complete and real auspicious qualities; apihitam = concealed; mukham = face (and other parts also); tat = that; tvam = you; pusan = Complete One; apavrnu = unveil, disclose; satyadharmaya = to the devotee, i.e., to me; drstaye = in order to see.

The effulgent form of the Lord, who is present (even) in the solar orb and is of complete auspicious qualities, is concealed from my vision; O Complete One, I pray to thee that thou mayest disclose thine form (which I otherwise would never be able to see) to me, thy devotee.
Translations might be incorrect, please find your own. topic for pondering only.
Love:)

Maya3
06 December 2010, 06:11 AM
If you come in the contact of a true Spiritual Master who advocates that your Guru (teacher) abides inside your body at the point between the eye-centre, concentrate your attention at this point and pray at the door of the Lord, your prayer will be accepted. Therefore, strike the bargain at this point. If the soul ascends to this point, it will be certainly rewarded.

Thats what my teachers say also.
Right before you end your meditation and you are still in deep focus but about to stop, that's when it is really good to pray. You can visualize the person you want to pray for in your minds eye, or your self, the earth...

Maya

sanjaya
12 December 2010, 09:07 PM
Ah, this whole business of truth is an interesting one. Here's a question for you guys: there are a lot of people here in the West that say truth is relative. They sometimes even claim that this is an Eastern concept, which I find strange since I've never been taught this. From the obfuscation of truth, they move on to say that there is no such thing as absolute right and wrong. Us "religious people" have no ability to say that a certain thought or deed is objectively wrong or adharmic.

What would be the Hindu theological perspective on such an idea?

SanathanaDharma
13 December 2010, 07:55 AM
Dear Friend,

What is truth and where is truth?

The answer to this question needs a simple example

Once there lived a "rishi"[or a saint] in a forest. He, right from his childhood had never lied at all.
The main principle of his life was to always tell the truth.
One day a merchant was travelling in the
forest where this rishi was staying. As this merchant was walking alone, he happened to notice a few robbers following him silently.
In order to save his life and the money he had, he started to run. Looking at the merchant run, the robbers
started to chase him. The merchant after running for some time happened to see this rishi near his hermitage, in the forest.
He was extremely happy to have spotted the rishi and went to him and requested him saying "some robbers are chasing me, please
allow me to hide in your hermitage." He also requested the rishi not to tell those robbers anything and him. He then hid in
the hermitage.
The robbers came chasing and also saw the rishi sitting in front of his hermitage. The robbers questioned the
rishi "if he saw any person coming in this direction"...now the rishi, who had never ever told a lie in his life,
wanted to stick to his principle and answered the robbers saying "yes, I saw a person who came running to me"...now the robbers
were delighted and asked him "do you know where he is now?"..again the rishi who never told lies said "yes, he is hiding in my hermitage"
The robbers went into the hermitage, killed the merchant, robbed his money and left.
Now after the rishi had spent the rest of his life, when he finally gave up his life, he was first seen in the abode of YamaDharma Raja.
The rishi, who was shocked to find himself there, instead of heaven, question YamaDharma Raja saying "I have told truth all thru my life, never ever told a lie or committed a sin...why am I brought here?" to which Yama Dharma raja said "O learned rishi, truth is defined based on the term "dharma[being righteous]"...anything you say(even if its a lie) which does not conflict with dharma is always truth and anything you say even if true but against dharma is a lie...when the merchant who was innocent, seeked your help, it was your dharma to protect him against the robbers who were against dharma...instead of doing your dharma by not telling anything to those robbers you told a statement which was actually helping adharma..and hence even though you think you told truth you were not and hence you are here"

The point of the story is "Truth is defined based on the term called dharma or righteous...truth is always encapsulated within dharma
any statement which is against dharma can never be called as truth..." Truth is dharma and dharma is truth anything else is adharma or lies.

The robbers were "non righteous" in their act because they were trying to steal something that belonged to someone else. If the "rishi" had told the robbers that he did not see anyone coming, he would have actually acted "righteously" as in avoiding the robbers to steal something that does not belong to them, thus not helping un-righteousness...where as, just for the sake of saying truth, the rishi by his action actually help the robbers, thus helping adharma and hence, he became a adharmi too because one cannot co-exist in dharma and adharma. By helping something that is not righteous, even if you think you are correct, you never are, because the definition of truth itself is righteousness personified.

If you need more information on what is dharma then we can discuss a lot on that.

jasdir
14 December 2010, 11:43 PM
Dear Friend,

What is truth and where is truth?

The answer to this question needs a simple example

Once there lived a "rishi"[or a saint] in a forest. He, right from his childhood had never lied at all.
The main principle of his life was to always tell the truth.
One day a merchant was travelling in the
forest where this rishi was staying. As this merchant was walking alone, he happened to notice a few robbers following him silently.
In order to save his life and the money he had, he started to run. Looking at the merchant run, the robbers
started to chase him. The merchant after running for some time happened to see this rishi near his hermitage, in the forest.
He was extremely happy to have spotted the rishi and went to him and requested him saying "some robbers are chasing me, please
allow me to hide in your hermitage." He also requested the rishi not to tell those robbers anything and him. He then hid in
the hermitage.
The robbers came chasing and also saw the rishi sitting in front of his hermitage. The robbers questioned the
rishi "if he saw any person coming in this direction"...now the rishi, who had never ever told a lie in his life,
wanted to stick to his principle and answered the robbers saying "yes, I saw a person who came running to me"...now the robbers
were delighted and asked him "do you know where he is now?"..again the rishi who never told lies said "yes, he is hiding in my hermitage"
The robbers went into the hermitage, killed the merchant, robbed his money and left.
Now after the rishi had spent the rest of his life, when he finally gave up his life, he was first seen in the abode of YamaDharma Raja.
The rishi, who was shocked to find himself there, instead of heaven, question YamaDharma Raja saying "I have told truth all thru my life, never ever told a lie or committed a sin...why am I brought here?" to which Yama Dharma raja said "O learned rishi, truth is defined based on the term "dharma[being righteous]"...anything you say(even if its a lie) which does not conflict with dharma is always truth and anything you say even if true but against dharma is a lie...when the merchant who was innocent, seeked your help, it was your dharma to protect him against the robbers who were against dharma...instead of doing your dharma by not telling anything to those robbers you told a statement which was actually helping adharma..and hence even though you think you told truth you were not and hence you are here"

The point of the story is "Truth is defined based on the term called dharma or righteous...truth is always encapsulated within dharma
any statement which is against dharma can never be called as truth..." Truth is dharma and dharma is truth anything else is adharma or lies.

The robbers were "non righteous" in their act because they were trying to steal something that belonged to someone else. If the "rishi" had told the robbers that he did not see anyone coming, he would have actually acted "righteously" as in avoiding the robbers to steal something that does not belong to them, thus not helping un-righteousness...where as, just for the sake of saying truth, the rishi by his action actually help the robbers, thus helping adharma and hence, he became a adharmi too because one cannot co-exist in dharma and adharma. By helping something that is not righteous, even if you think you are correct, you never are, because the definition of truth itself is righteousness personified.

If you need more information on what is dharma then we can discuss a lot on that.

Great post.
_/\_Jasdir.