PDA

View Full Version : Vichara and Reading

randomguy
06 December 2010, 12:49 PM
I have been practicing Self-Inquiry or Vichara for a couple of months now, and while it seems to be easy while I am doing regular activities such as showering, walking, and talking I cant seem to be able to do it while reading. I am a student at a university so naturally I have to do a lot of reading, but I would like to continue my spiritual practices in the meantime. Any recommendations for practicing self-inquiry while reading would be appreciated.

yajvan
06 December 2010, 08:09 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté randomguy

I have been practicing Self-Inquiry or Vichara for a couple of months now, and while it seems to be easy while I am doing regular activities such as showering, walking, and talking I cant seem to be able to do it while reading. I am a student at a university so naturally I have to do a lot of reading, but I would like to continue my spiritual practices in the meantime. Any recommendations for practicing self-inquiry while reading would be appreciated.
Practicing vicāra i.e. pondering , deliberation , consideration , reflection , examination , investigation. I know you do not mean vicara (wandered) , but that is what your mind will do, yes?

The answer to your question lies within the breath. Consider some of HDF posts found here: http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2323

praṇām