PDA

View Full Version : Don't wear a sari and go to the airport..

Shanti
11 December 2010, 08:48 PM
unless you'd like a frisking compliments of TSA.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40614732/ns/us_news-airliner_security/

~S

TatTvamAsi
12 December 2010, 12:41 PM
unless you'd like a frisking compliments of TSA.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40614732/ns/us_news-airliner_security/

~S

It's hilarious to see the reactions of some of these local idiots who say, "everyone should be forced to go through such searches" when their own president and his herd were allowed entry into India not so long ago while the Indians followed all diplomatic protocols.

Rationalist
12 December 2010, 06:40 PM
It's hilarious to see the reactions of some of these local idiots who say, "everyone should be forced to go through such searches" when their own president and his herd were allowed entry into India not so long ago while the Indians followed all diplomatic protocols.

I know right? Filthy hypocrites. I can't wait for the day the China completely overtakes the U.S and other nations do not have to swallow the "were the U.S, we can order you around" pill.

Adhvagat
12 December 2010, 08:14 PM
I know right? Filthy hypocrites. I can't wait for the day the China completely overtakes the U.S and other nations do not have to swallow the "were the U.S, we can order you around" pill.

Yeah, by then we'll have the "we're China, conform now!" pill.

Not very cool too... :p

Rationalist
12 December 2010, 08:41 PM

Haha. That would be bad too but atleast it isn't a Western Country.

HumbleStudent
13 December 2010, 08:38 AM

We will also lose a great many freedoms we currently enjoy. Religious, Speech and Press being the top freedoms of our country.

Rationalist
18 December 2010, 08:04 AM
We will also lose a great many freedoms we currently enjoy. Religious, Speech and Press being the top freedoms of our country.

China does not give a rat's :D about controlling other nations governmental structures and the rights they accord. The most they want is to obtain the wealth and resources to satisfy their own nation. If it means using other nations as tools in this path, then that is what they'll do.

But also note that China is, once again, becoming arrogant. For centuries, China was one of the most advanced and prosperous civilizations and they scorned the Japanese, the Europeans, the Mongols, the Manchus, and etc. And what happened? China literally got raped by every one of those nations. Japan, beginning in the 20th century, started to take control of the Koreas, several island nations, and eventually most of Eastern China (Rape of Nanjing), and S.E Asia. The Europeans were restricted to trading in a single port and eventually the Europeans conquered and divided China into fish bits (don't forget the Opium Wars). The Mongols (or the nomadic tribes of what are today the countries North of China) were driven back by centuries by the Chinese and then came along Genghis Khan who conquered the entirety of China, most of Asia, and parts of Europe. Then the Manchus took control over China and created the Qing Dynasty of China (which was overthrown by Sun Yat-Sen). And now, I wonder, who will take the mantle of humbling China...I wonder...well let's hope it doesn't come to that...

Adhvagat
18 December 2010, 09:13 PM
My uncle visited China once... A laborman said to him: "I've only seen the sun twice this year..." He was referring to polution in the sky.

It's sad that everything we consume nowadays is involved with this.