PDA

View Full Version : Was Hinduism originally a Tantric religion

The Occult
17 December 2010, 01:40 PM
Here is a link that I got to see from a wen site which seem to suggest that Hinduism was originally a Tantric religion but later on transformed as a Vedic religion

http://www.metafuture.org/Bjonnes%20History%20of%20Vedic%20and%20Tantric%20India%20-%20a%20Sarkar%20perspective.pdf

But what irks me is that this goes on to suggest that there was an Aryan Invasion which took place where all these concepts of Tantras ,which was originally practiced by the Dravidians, was stolen by the Aryans and was infused into the Vedas

Not only that, unlike the popular claims of an Aryan Invasion which suggests that Aryans came to India somewhere in 1500 BC(like the ones told by Max Muller), which have been refuted,this one claims that Aryans came even earlier - somewhere even before 5000 BC
and co-existed with the Dravidians, but this co existence was not peaceful as Aryans tried to dominate the Dravidians by imposing the caste system.It also claims that it has genetic evidence to back it up - based on the samples they have collected among people of various communities and regions of India.Also, Rig Veda was originally not written in India but outside India,the timeline is not exact - somewhere in 10000BC

I request all members to go through the link and then share your thoughts on it