PDA

View Full Version : Hindu Jesus!?

Shanti
20 December 2010, 07:11 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/philip-goldberg/how-hinduism-gave-us-a-ne_b_797861.html

It's unfortunate that the author is correct in that a great many Hindus do tend to pay much too much reverence to Jesus.

~S

Rationalist
20 December 2010, 08:29 PM
Lawl. Idiotic people that adulterate our superior belief systems/philosophies with those of the asura's.

Adhvagat
20 December 2010, 09:12 PM
Good article.

People like it or not, Christianity is a cultural phenomena we have to deal with.

However, getting in contact with Eastern religion and better understanding the Bible can only prove one thing... Those preaching the Bible are doing so in a very flawed manner.

And this is not the first time a person admitted he better comprehends the Bible after studying Hinduism. My siksha guru said the same and it also happened the same to me, after learning the key concepts of Sanatana Dharma I can see them in the Bible as well, but I'm amazed how ignored these key concepts are.

Sahasranama
20 December 2010, 09:25 PM
It only shows attachment to Christianity. These people are changing their own faith, without removing the label. Why don't they denounce this Jesus figure and become devoted to Hindu deities? It shows they have no adhikara for vedic teachings, because they attach more value to the words of the bible, misinterpretated to suit their own beliefs, than to the Hindu shastras themselves.

Adhvagat
20 December 2010, 11:14 PM
Sahasranama, what is Adhikara?

Sahasranama
20 December 2010, 11:32 PM
http://veda.wikidot.com/adhikara

Adhvagat
21 December 2010, 04:02 AM
http://veda.wikidot.com/adhikara

Thank you... And thank you for pointing me to that site! :)

PARAM
21 December 2010, 10:00 AM
It is a stupid fool thing

Shanti
21 December 2010, 03:27 PM
Good article.

My siksha guru said the same and it also happened the same to me, after learning the key concepts of Sanatana Dharma I can see them in the Bible as well, but I'm amazed how ignored these key concepts are.

It shows they have no adhikara for vedic teachings, because they attach more value to the words of the bible, misinterpretated to suit their own beliefs, than to the Hindu shastras themselves.

Agreed. I don't understand why those that disagree with the teachings of the bible initially and then they study Hinduism and realize the greatness in it and then go back to the bible and sing its praises from this 'newfound' perspective. Its idiotic.

~S

TatTvamAsi
23 December 2010, 01:05 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/philip-goldberg/how-hinduism-gave-us-a-ne_b_797861.html

It's unfortunate that the author is correct in that a great many Hindus do tend to pay much too much reverence to Jesus.

~S

where's the face-palm emoticon?

These dolts need to learn Hinduism to better understand their desert cult.. hahahahhaha..

Sahasranama
23 December 2010, 08:41 AM
This is a perfecte example of the problems of Radical Universalism. People misunderstand Sanatana Dharma thinking that it teaches that all paths lead to the same goal, this in turn eradicates the need for Hinduism itself as a religion, that's why people appropiate Hindu ideology and then turn their backs towards it.

Ramakrishna
31 December 2010, 12:31 AM
Namaste Sahasranama et al.,

This is a perfecte example of the problems of Radical Universalism. People misunderstand Sanatana Dharma thinking that it teaches that all paths lead to the same goal, this in turn eradicates the need for Hinduism itself as a religion, that's why people appropiate Hindu ideology and then turn their backs towards it.

I completely agree. It's also unfortunate how this Goldberg fellow seems to devote no time to actually studying the historical existence of Jesus and find out how Jesus never actually existed.

His little biography says he's an "Interfaith Minister" :rolleyes:

Jai Sri Krishna

mohanty
15 February 2011, 01:32 PM
I read somewhere (an article that discussed Christian influence on India) that Hinduism dealt with Christianity in a unique way -- it reached into its heart and turned it into something harmless.

I guess it is too much to expect westerners to give up their cultural attachment to Jesus Christ, but if this article does point towards a trend, then maybe, in due course of time, Jesus will become just a saint figure (as opposed to being the "only begotten son of God") and be a part of the Hindu pantheon of tens of thousands of sadhus.

Sahasranama
15 February 2011, 02:47 PM
Yes, you right, if they want to make a hodge podge of Christianity, why should we care. We should be concerned about Hindu dharma and prevent that Jewish zombie on a stick from infiltrating our religion.

http://www.tn-atheist.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/zombiejesus.gif

issacnewton
08 June 2011, 07:50 AM
hi

there is a deep psychological need among many hindus to suck up to jeezuus.
Swami Rama , who was a great yogi, also has written a book called
"Meditation In christianity". swami vivekananda also glorified jesus junk.
even though india has largely remained hindu country , christianity (or
abrahamism in general) has made inroads in hindu psyche. i have met stupid
hindus who wanted to tell me "deep meaning" of christian cross. one of these guys said, that vertical line in the cross stands for ego. and horizontal line crossing that vertical line means that, we have to conquer our ego. i don't know where do they learn such junk.

S.N. Balagangadhara , who is a scholar working at Ghent univeristy has written a book called "Heathen in his blindness". its available for free on net. there
he has analysed how much of the western terminology we use in english langauge has done damage...
There is a yahoo group dedicated to this very book.......... great stuff there.

groups.yahoo.com/group/TheHeathenInHisBlindness