PDA

View Full Version : Experiences in meditation and yoga nidra

c.smith
01 January 2011, 09:54 PM
Without going into detail here, is there a good resource or perhaps a website that would help determine the "visions" that arise during meditation? I've asked a question of "Swami X" about an experience in the past and he cautioned about sharing them in detail. I can see perhaps the reasoning for this, but while winging it alone, I'd still like to discover any significances that may or may not be. Swamiji also cautioned about taking said "visions" too seriously as they may hamper ones development and divert focus. This I understand as well.

Also, does anyone practice yoga nidra regularly? I do it daily and must attest to its effectiveness in reducing stress, dis-ease, and in increasing awareness of the stillness that resides inside. I'd be grateful to hear of others experiences.

Om Namah Sivaya!

Clayton

NayaSurya
02 January 2011, 05:01 AM
I can not help you with this request, as I do not know of such a place. But, I would urge you to write down these things as they have a tendency to disappear.

You may already be doing this, but I thought I would suggest it for the benefit of all who may experience this.