PDA

View Full Version : Christian lies about Hinduism

sanjaya
10 January 2011, 08:31 PM
I'm guessing the sensational title will attract a few people. :)

Anyway, I've seen some misinformation about Hinduism and Hindus floating around on Christian Forums (I rarely visit the site, but happened to run into it today). See this thread:

http://www.christianforums.com/t7526639/

Specifically see the comment:

At least we don't murder and rape Hindus as they murder and rape Christians in India.
Anyone want to join me in correcting this error?

BryonMorrigan
11 January 2011, 07:38 AM
I do not go into other peoples' forums where I am not welcome. It's a Christian forum. Let them stew in their ignorance. We shouldn't seek to emulate their ignorant and evil behavior....as much as I'd like to point out the existence of the National Liberation Front of Tripura to them.

sanjaya
11 January 2011, 11:17 PM
Fair enough Byron, you are perhaps a better man than me. Much as I would like to suggest that I have noble intentions, I admit that my only real aim here is to disprove the rantings of Christian hypocrites with facts instead of religious rhetoric.

And hey, maybe I can make someone question the validity of a religion which consigns all non-believers to eternal hellfire. Wishful thinking...I know.

Adhvagat
12 January 2011, 12:28 AM
If Christianity is good enough for them, let them be, keep on eating their tamasic food, keep them thinking their tamasic thoughts.

I'm with Sanatana Dharma because I wanted more... For each his own.

TTCUSM
12 January 2011, 05:29 PM
I'm guessing the sensational title will attract a few people. :)

Anyway, I've seen some misinformation about Hinduism and Hindus floating around on Christian Forums (I rarely visit the site, but happened to run into it today).

Sanjaya,

I've seen far worse anti-Hindu sentiments on the Catholic Answers Forum. Specifically this thread (http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=64290) by an Indian convert.

TTCUSM
12 January 2011, 08:23 PM
Specifically see the comment:
At least we don't murder and rape Hindus as they murder and rape Christians in India.

Thiru Sanjaya,

Anyone who is familiar with 19th-century European imperialism will tell you that it had a very definite Freudian component.

One of the main stereotypes that emerged during this era was that Indian men were dark-skinned rapists. Please see the thread (http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=6675) I posted in the "Hot Topics" forum about propaganda during the British Raj.

Believer
13 January 2011, 11:50 AM
TTCUSM is back with some 'real gems'.
Now we have to wait for a post under his other UserID of hanumansolo?

sunyata07
13 January 2011, 01:12 PM
Oh, those wacky Christians and their inane statements never fail to amuse me with their unintentional hilarity! :rolleyes:

Go ahead by all means, Sanjaya, but personally, I think it's a waste of time talking to any fundamentalist, let alone idiotic, narrow-minded Christians. Let them stew in ignorance in their forums. I endeavour not to venture into other religious or atheistic forums. It would only mean a waste of time and an increase in blood pressure for me.

Om namah Shivaya

Sahasranama
13 January 2011, 07:51 PM
I have to agree with Shunyata, it's better for my blood pressure not to talk to ignorant Christians, it's frustating enough to talk to so called Hindus who are infatuated with Jesus. But if you want to correct them you have my best wishes. :)

Eastern Mind
20 January 2011, 07:55 AM
Vannakkam: Probably been put here before, but .... a nice watchdog site for watching the ongoing tactics and news on Christian aggression. Interesting new story on the Nityananda crisis.

http://christianaggression.org/

Aum Namasivaya

PARAM
22 January 2011, 10:39 AM
TTCUSM is back with some 'real gems'.
Now we have to wait for a post under his other UserID of hanumansolo?

That fool was banned when he was trying to challange Harjas Kaur and badmouth Hindus, but I don't know why Kumardas was banned

sanjaya
27 January 2011, 09:39 AM
Well this is interesting. A Christian in the thread I linked to started trying to convert me, and after a couple days of discussion he decided it wasn't worth his time anymore. Unfortunately, he'll probably just go after another Hindu who may prove to be an easier target. I guess we can learn something from this: the best way to stop missionary activity in India (I think) is to educate people in matters of logic and philosophy, so that they become difficult candidates for conversion. Christians build their religion upon a foundation of straw, and if someone points out the folly in it, they plug their ears and keep telling themselves that everything will be all right.

Which is fine with me, so long as they stop trying to convert Hindus.

Sahasranama
27 January 2011, 10:39 AM
I don't think we are capable of making them realise how wrong they are. Unless you have some serious skills in hypnosis, it's not gonna happen.

Believer
27 January 2011, 11:04 AM
Please allow me to present a different perspective....

"Ngo Dinh Diem had been a wealthy member of the French catholic ruling class in Vietnam. While in the US, he always talked about democracy and elected governments. This was music to the ears of the US state department and the politicians and he was installed as the President of Vietnam in the 1960's. Because of his bias towards the Catholic minority in terms of civilian/military jobs and Govt contracts, one third of the population converted to Xitianity in a very short time span. His end came when his brother became too aggressive with/intolerant of, Buddhists and ordered raids on numerous Buddhist temples/pagodas which resulted in mass arrests and many killings/disappearances of monks/senior devotees. US pulled the rug from underneath him for his excesses and he was assassinated by military generals"

Diem's Govt. used the economic tool so readily available to the political elite to force conversions. India, presently is under the same threat, albeit at a slower pace, by crypto-Xitians headed by the Gandhi clan.

Economic deprivation is the single most compelling factor which is taken advantage of in conversions. That in turn is caused by lack of education and upward mobility available to the poor, uneducated masses. Our discussion of the issue in this forum is of very little use as the discussions are not protecting the intended victims - the poor, uneducated tribals of India. Teaching SD or Hindu values has to go hand in hand with financial assistance and a hope for brighter, better future. That is why I wholeheartedly support the 'Ekal Vidyalaya' and 'Support a Child' programs administered by VHP mainly through the donations of NRIs residing in different countries. I am sure there are other charities also, which are as good in bringing education and opportunities to the front doors of the poor/tribals.

Our discussions here can make us better debaters, and ensure that we will not convert. But that is not the issue. We are too smart to be influenced by them. It is the poor masses who have to be helped. And merely suggesting that they be forced by 'someone' to learn about SD will not help. The Xitian missionaries normally feed a hungry man and then shove a bible down his throat as dessert. A destitute needs food/hope first and religion second.

I welcome your comments.
-

PARAM
27 January 2011, 11:21 AM
I cannot support the BJP, because it too is involved in caste reservation vote bank politics, this is the major hatered management between Hindus, and anti Hindus are supporting caste hatered, to make different caste against their own forefathers.

Rationalist
12 February 2011, 08:46 PM
I cannot support the BJP, because it too is involved in caste reservation vote bank politics, this is the major hatered management between Hindus, and anti Hindus are supporting caste hatered, to make different caste against their own forefathers.

So you would rather support a party run by Christian half-breeds who do nothing but involve India in corruption scandal after corruption scandal?

By the way, they don't even do the things you have stated. Stop being so misinformed.

Sahasranama
13 February 2011, 10:11 AM
http://www.atheistcartoons.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/hindus-300x232.jpg

sanjaya
13 February 2011, 12:42 PM
http://www.atheistcartoons.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/hindus-300x232.jpg

Funny, but it makes a great point too. Christians try so hard to be monotheists, but their Jewish friends brand them blatent polytheists. How do you believe in a single, invisible God, and worship a man, all while saying that there is one God in three persons? The first two would be easy in a Hindu context, since we believed in the idea of avatars long before Christianity was on the scene. But at the end of the day, all these Christian philosophical jumping jacks don't make them monotheists.

Ramakrishna
13 February 2011, 08:31 PM

:laugh:

Funny, but it makes a great point too. Christians try so hard to be monotheists, but their Jewish friends brand them blatent polytheists. How do you believe in a single, invisible God, and worship a man, all while saying that there is one God in three persons? The first two would be easy in a Hindu context, since we believed in the idea of avatars long before Christianity was on the scene. But at the end of the day, all these Christian philosophical jumping jacks don't make them monotheists.

Yes and of course the Catholics take it even further than the trinity and they pray to Mary, angels, and thousands of saints (as the graphic shows). In a sense, they take it even further than most Hindus, since they pray to all those things which they believe are separate and they have a hierarchy (saints, Mary, then the Trinity), while most Hindus, despite praying to multiple deities, believe that all is One.

Yet they look down on us pagans :rolleyes:

Jai Sri Ram

sanjaya
14 February 2011, 12:20 AM
:laugh:

Yes and of course the Catholics take it even further than the trinity and they pray to Mary, angels, and thousands of saints (as the graphic shows). In a sense, they take it even further than most Hindus, since they pray to all those things which they believe are separate and they have a hierarchy (saints, Mary, then the Trinity), while most Hindus, despite praying to multiple deities, believe that all is One.

Yet they look down on us pagans :rolleyes:

Jai Sri Ram

Yeah, I don't know that there's any logic to Christians. Catholics label Protestants as heretics, fundamentalists say that Catholics are polytheistic (i.e. "idolaters"). These people can't even figure out there own theology, and they presume to come to India to preach Christianity to us. What blatent arrogance.

Eastern Mind
14 February 2011, 08:58 AM
Vannakkam:

Last night my wife talked to a friend for about an hour, catching up. One of the sad things was a story the friend told about a cousin of hers. They were moderately practicing Hindus, but somehow the cousin, a woman, got cancer. Some Christian fundamentalists GOT to her in the cancer rehab center. Now she's a ranting fundamentalist. The husband is ready for divorce, because of the constant nagging. He's torn between upsetting his wife and going to temple.

Talk about loving the concept of close knit families! Lesson: be especially wary in times of illness and grief. These bacteria come at you in times of weakness. JWs even read obituaries to pick out their next victims. Its so inhumane.

Aum Namasivaya

BryonMorrigan
14 February 2011, 09:13 AM
Vannakkam:

Last night my wife talked to a friend for about an hour, catching up. One of the sad things was a story the friend told about a cousin of hers. They were moderately practicing Hindus, but somehow the cousin, a woman, got cancer. Some Christian fundamentalists GOT to her in the cancer rehab center. Now she's a ranting fundamentalist. The husband is ready for divorce, because of the constant nagging. He's torn between upsetting his wife and going to temple.

Talk about loving the concept of close knit families! Lesson: be especially wary in times of illness and grief. These bacteria come at you in times of weakness. JWs even read obituaries to pick out their next victims. Its so inhumane.

Aum Namasivaya

That happened to me while in the Army, recovering from surgery in a hospital. This Christian preacher wouldn't leave me alone...and I was afraid of complaining, because I was worried that it would "single me out" and lead to discrimination from my superiors. (This was over 10 years ago...when I was much younger, and far more worried about "what other people think" than I am today...)

They're like predators circling the herd, looking for the weak or injured...the easy prey.

sanjaya
14 February 2011, 09:42 AM
Vannakkam:

Aum Namasivaya

Wow, that's horrible. I can't believe these Christians can possibly have the nerve to say anything about family values when they do things like this.

BryonMorrigan
14 February 2011, 10:20 AM
Wow, that's horrible. I can't believe these Christians can possibly have the nerve to say anything about family values when they do things like this.

I can't remember if I posted about it on this forum, but did I mention the story about how my brother's father-in-law, a Christian preacher, hijacked my father's funeral service to make it all an advertisement for his church?

My father, who certainly had his faults, was a Universalist who spent many years in Muslim countries. While he was dying and suffering from intense dementia, the preacher showed up and extracted a "conversion" from him, then bragged about it all through the funeral. I came very close to punching him in the face.

mohanty
14 February 2011, 10:21 AM
Vannakkam:

Aum Namasivaya

That is truly horrible. I guess a family is a cute thing to them, but if it's not a Christian family, it's not really a family. The CULT must come first.

Eastern Mind
14 February 2011, 10:31 AM
I can't remember if I posted about it on this forum, but did I mention the story about how my brother's father-in-law, a Christian preacher, hijacked my father's funeral service to make it all an advertisement for his church?

My father, who certainly had his faults, was a Universalist who spent many years in Muslim countries. While he was dying and suffering from intense dementia, the preacher showed up and extracted a "conversion" from him, then bragged about it all through the funeral. I came very close to punching him in the face.

Vannakkam: Absolutely they do that. Non-believers are mourning, and they get this fire and brimstone thing. I've been to several funerals like that. All the more reason to write a living will because it could very easily happen to you. Take charge before the event, before the death.

My brother and I did Dad's service and that was one of the primary reasons. We came very close to opening the casket and have the corpse pop up, as he was such a practical joker, but in the end we didn't because it may have caused a few more deaths right then and there.

Aum Namasivaya

sanjaya
14 February 2011, 10:44 AM

You've elaborated on this before. I guess this is the sort of thing a person will stoop to when he's convinced that all who don't intellectually assent to his religious belief are going to eternal hell.

PARAM
14 February 2011, 10:50 AM
So you would rather support a party run by Christian half-breeds who do nothing but involve India in corruption scandal after corruption scandal?
By the way, they don't even do the things you have stated. Stop being so misinformed.
I am not misinformed, I know very well about BJP. Except Narendra Modi, there are very few leaders who can be trusted, and BJP has limited Modi to Gujarat only, once Modi was only for OBC to make caste vote bank, but when He become Hindu Icon, BJP is.......... (Don’t know what to write) But I will never vote for anti Hindu.

I can't believe these Christians can possibly have the nerve to say anything about family values when they do things like this.
You can't believe? How this is possible, those missionaries are doing everything to their activity

----------------------

---------------------
Why don't you try to make a Hindu Area there in USA, there you will have Hindu educational institutes, Mandir, Hospital and everything.
Minority Hindus there also needs you.

Eastern Mind
14 February 2011, 11:02 AM
Why don't you try to make a Hindu Area there in USA, there you will have Hindu educational institutes, Mandir, Hospital and everything.
Minority Hindus there also needs you.

Vannakkam Param: It is impossible. It is also unnecessary. Most of the secularism here is more truly secular. So hospitals are not run by Christians so much. There is a whole lot of non-religion. I've tried to explain this before. We are an extreme minority, very well spread out, and the diversity within Hinduism simply doesn't allow for it. Having said that, some temple groups have made additions such as retirement homes. Because of economics, people can't just up and move. There are also certain areas that have larger populations of Hindus, such as New jersey, and Scarborough (a borough of Toronto) . Athough it sounds like a good idea, there are many forces working against it. Another is geographic distance. I am over 2000 miles and one very difficult border away from Bryon, for instance. it would be like saying to 10 000 random Bengalis to move to, say, Hyderabad in AP, and form their own community there. Do you think that is a realistic plan?

Aum Namasivaya

sanjaya
14 February 2011, 11:51 AM
You can't believe? How this is possible, those missionaries are doing everything to their activity

Heh, it's a figure of speech. Literally speaking I can believe that they do it. It's just hard to imagine the level of hypocrisy and/or self-deception of these evangelicals when they break up Hindu families with their disgusting missionary work on the one hand, and talk about family values on the other.

Ramakrishna
15 February 2011, 02:26 AM
Namaste all,

Vannakkam:

Aum Namasivaya

At this point hearing things like this doesn't even surprise me even more. But it still saddens me, and I'm sorry to hear.

Vannakkam: Absolutely they do that. Non-believers are mourning, and they get this fire and brimstone thing. I've been to several funerals like that. All the more reason to write a living will because it could very easily happen to you. Take charge before the event, before the death.

My brother and I did Dad's service and that was one of the primary reasons. We came very close to opening the casket and have the corpse pop up, as he was such a practical joker, but in the end we didn't because it may have caused a few more deaths right then and there.

Aum Namasivaya

Man, if they ever try to pull something like that on me I'm gonna set them straight. Of course it's much easier for me to say that now than when I would actually be in sick in a hospital :)

I'm actually surprised the hospitals actually let these people in to do such horrible things.

Jai Sri Ram

Rationalist
15 February 2011, 05:39 PM
The title of this thread is a bit redundant, don't you think? Christian lies...sigh*

Why are you so surprised? Its a Christian forum! A cesspool of people with a collective intelligence equivalent to that of the Homo Habilis!

Just ignore them. Let them drink their own urine and eat their own feces. They could all kill each other over a Bible verse and I wouldn't care.

Sahasranama
15 February 2011, 05:54 PM
Let them drink their own urine and eat their own feces. They could all kill each other over a Bible verse and I wouldn't care.

Such thoughts are not very useful, even about Christians.

Sarveshaam mangalam bhavatu | May all beings enjoy happy occasions

Sarveshaam svastir bhavatu | May all beings enjoy wellbeing

Sarveshaam shantir bhavatu | May all beings enjoy peace

Sarveshaam poornam bhavatu | May all beings enjoy wholeness

Sarve bhavantu sukhinah | May all beings be happy

Sarve santu niraamayaah | May all beings be free from sickness

Sarva bhadraani pashyantu | May all beings obtain what is beneficial for them

maa kashchid dukha bhaag bhavet | May no living being experience sorrow

Rationalist
15 February 2011, 06:07 PM
Such thoughts are not very useful, even about Christians.

Sarveshaam mangalam bhavatu | May all beings enjoy happy occasions

Sarveshaam svastir bhavatu | May all beings enjoy wellbeing

Sarveshaam shantir bhavatu | May all beings enjoy peace

Sarveshaam poornam bhavatu | May all beings enjoy wholeness

Sarve bhavantu sukhinah | May all beings be happy

Sarve santu niraamayaah | May all beings be free from sickness

Sarva bhadraani pashyantu | May all beings obtain what is beneficial for them

maa kashchid dukha bhaag bhavet | May no living being experience sorrow

Perhaps not. Perhaps there is a better way to think about religious dogmatic white supremacists? I am not entirely knowledgeable about this matter...perhaps you can tell me?

Sahasranama
15 February 2011, 06:35 PM
We have to defend our Dharma from proselitising rationally, not emotionally. :cool1:

Eastern Mind
15 February 2011, 06:38 PM
Vannakkam Rationalist:

This is how I do it. It may sound arrogant but here goes. I just use this quote. "Does the university professor look down upon the child in the university class?" You figure which is which. :)

I can just envision some prof going around chanting, "You're stupid, you're stupid." to little kids. I know its really hard some days, as they are really so immature in the beliefs, yet they are embodied souls just like the rest of us, so it is our duty to guide when possible, ignore when not, and to defend if they get strong enough to threaten. Course that's just my personal take. You can deal with them with whatever way you want, but in my experience, insults just stiffen their resolve.

Aum Namasivaya

Sahasranama
15 February 2011, 07:18 PM
I can only speak from my experience and I am not saying this to judge anyone. When I get angry, which is easy when we talk about controversial religious matters, it affects my own mental state negatively. To prevent this, you can either be compassionate, otherwise just say "they are not worth it" or even joke about it.

Rationalist
15 February 2011, 07:57 PM
We have to defend our Dharma from proselitising rationally, not emotionally. :cool1:

That we do daily within these forums. In private, we may expose whatever privations we may have about them. :D

mohanty
15 February 2011, 10:40 PM
Rational argument works when the person you are arguing with has a rational point. It might also work when you have a third party audience which responds to rationality.

Arguing against proselytising in front of a crowd of JW's is pointless. They will just label you hellbound and continue praising the Lord.

Sometimes, an emotional reaction is justified, not because it serves a purpose in the argument, but because you need it. We aren't Vulcans, you know. :)

Sahasranama
16 February 2011, 05:48 AM
Rational argument works when the person you are arguing with has a rational point. It might also work when you have a third party audience which responds to rationality.

Arguing against proselytising in front of a crowd of JW's is pointless. They will just label you hellbound and continue praising the Lord. Yes, but we are on a forum with Hindus here, so we can try to keep it civilised.

Sometimes, an emotional reaction is justified, not because it serves a purpose in the argument, but because you need it. We aren't Vulcans, you know.I can understand, but I don't think we have to be cruel in our emotions.

mohanty
16 February 2011, 08:17 AM
We are talking to each other yes, but this is not a private conversation. Anyone can look at the talk we have without signing up. So we do have to think about the audience here too.

I think the anger needs to show through sometimes. But yes, you have a point about not being cruel.

mohanty
16 February 2011, 08:32 AM
Vannakkam:

Aum Namasivaya

A memory mom recalled upon reading this was that of a friend of my father's. He was converted in a weak moment and after he passed away, the Christian relative who was instrumental in getting the man converted, caused troubles by insisting that he be buried as a Christian and not as a Hindu like the rest of the family wanted. Those people didn't need that kind of trouble at that point and it was very painful.

Rationalist
16 February 2011, 07:53 PM
Vannakkam:

Aum Namasivaya

This is horrible. Christians are truly demons...

So I am assuming that she got cured and took that as a sign of the "ultimate reality?"

Christianity makes me vomit.

twista88
05 April 2011, 09:25 AM
I have to agree with Shunyata, it's better for my blood pressure not to talk to ignorant Christians, it's frustating enough to talk to so called Hindus who are infatuated with Jesus. But if you want to correct them you have my best wishes. :)

I stopped visiting websites with info on christianity and its related issues, it just messes up my mind pretty much. I just do my prayer to Lord Hanuman and hope for the best...

Friend from the West
13 April 2011, 05:37 PM
Namaste Sanjaya,
I think the noble and peaceful way is the only way. Our actions will speak eternally. Because I am slow, it took many years for me to recognize the magnificence of the Sanatana Dharma. The same will be true for many of them if they are not given something to feed off of.

Just one of the many points of consideration that helped me was the history and actions of their formal and informal saints. Many of our Christian brothers and sisters are aware of the actions of Constaintine and many of the popes but many are unaware of the actions of their protestant fathers. The actual harm that their founder, Martin Luther caused is horrible and the subsequent atrocities committed due to his written words will haunt me for ever. Calvin, the founder of one of their main ideologies was a murderer in his own documented right. His written words continue to cause harm to otherwise loving folks.

I did find John Wesley seemed to have a truly loving heart and a inquisitive mind.
I pray that the truth will eventually set them free.
Peace.
Rich