PDA

View Full Version : Ganesh Puja - a beautiful procedure here, online...

giridhar
12 January 2011, 10:44 PM
I found this Shri Ganesha Puja procedure from Himalayan Academy. It includes, all mantras, Pronunciation & the description of how to offer to the Supreme Lord of Ganaas..

If this has already been posted then kindly forgive me..

http://www.himalayanacademy.com/audio/chants/ganesha_puja_color.pdf

Om Shakti

Sahasranama
12 January 2011, 11:32 PM
Thank you for posting, it's a very beautiful ebook!

giridhar
12 January 2011, 11:46 PM
Thank you for posting, it's a very beautiful ebook!

Thank you sahasranama bhai !!

I have put up a query for "yantra for shiva panchakshari mantra". i wonder y there r no replies .. Im dying to get one yantra for japa..

do u know of one ?

Sahasranama
12 January 2011, 11:56 PM
Hi, is this what you are looking for?

http://www.rudraksha-ratna.com/dispProduct.php?shiv-panchakshri-yantra&prodId=1475

giridhar
13 January 2011, 11:27 PM
Hi, is this what you are looking for?

http://www.rudraksha-ratna.com/dispProduct.php?shiv-panchakshri-yantra&prodId=1475

Namaste !

Thank you Sahasranama !!! I have seen this before. I wondered whether Panchakshari yantra should not be 5 by 5 squares instead of 6 by 6 ? I talked to the people there.. They could not give a satisfactory reply.

Bhai, i have also seen five pointed star & six pointed star yantras for panchakshari .. Which is more proper for Panchakshari japa ??
:headscratch:

Om Shakti

sm78
13 January 2011, 11:57 PM
.. Which is more proper for Panchakshari japa ??
:headscratch:

Om Shakti

What has a yantra has to do with japa? Mandalas are used as peethas and Yantra as the deity itself in the avarana puja. Then there are yantra like diagrams called chakras used to select a mantra for an initiate. Some people treat yantra as healing symbols and do as they please in front of them. This is not the prescribed means. Japa doesn't need props, but proper visualization (and not that of a yantra, generally).

You have already selected a mantra and don't seem to be intent on doing avarana puja - so why are you after yantras? Anyway these things should be clarified from one's gurus and not by searching on internet.

Also without a real empowerment, agamokta mantra japa is more or less futile. It doesn't mean you can't do japa and puja w/o it, empowerment may come from doing the rituals in the first place. If you want to do shiv puja concentrate on learning linga puja which is the primary and greatest way to worship shiva. If you are really hooked by yantras, you can use (draw) an eqilateral triangle pointing upwards - which represents shiva. Don't randombly pick up yantras from internet and spiritual business shops and use them as you please (particularly sabija yantras like the one linked above).

Just an un-invited bit of advice...thx.

giridhar
14 January 2011, 12:29 AM
What has a yantra has to do with japa? Mandalas are used as peethas and Yantra as the deity itself in the avarana puja. Then there are yantra like diagrams called chakras used to select a mantra for an initiate. Some people treat yantra as healing symbols and do as they please in front of them. This is not the prescribed means. Japa doesn't need props, but proper visualization (and not that of a yantra, generally).

You have already selected a mantra and don't seem to be intent on doing avarana puja - so why are you after yantras? Anyway these things should be clarified from one's gurus and not by searching on internet.

Also without a real empowerment, agamokta mantra japa is more or less futile. It doesn't mean you can't do japa and puja w/o it, empowerment may come from doing the rituals in the first place. If you want to do shiv puja concentrate on learning linga puja which is the primary and greatest way to worship shiva. If you are really hooked by yantras, you can use (draw) an eqilateral triangle pointing upwards - which represents shiva. Don't randombly pick up yantras from internet and spiritual business shops and use them as you please (particularly sabija yantras like the one linked above).

Just an un-invited bit of advice...thx.

Thank you very much, point noted.

Om Shakti

Sahasranama
14 January 2011, 12:37 AM
Sm78 is right, you do not need any of these yantras to perform japa. Better get a japamala. ;)

giridhar
14 January 2011, 02:18 AM
Sm78 is right, you do not need any of these yantras to perform japa. Better get a japamala. ;)

it is a few yrs of japa that ,by Mahadev's Grace,made me learn many mantras & Shiva Linga Pooja Vidhi - I , who could never memorise any stotra or mantra that was long, am now chanting Many Rudra Sooktaas.... It is all His Grace that i feel the power inherent in His mantra.

It is His same Grace,Shakti, that told me to simply keep His Yantra & do japa. I am merely following the inherent passion, the vital passion that belongs to Shakti. I told myself this morning , that if this desire be true, then the Yantra shall come to me. & it has , now...

Thank you , all Sadhaks here. Japa with a Yantra & Shiva Linga has immense power , only if one can open oneself to them. A silly fool that im, i may realize in some more time that this holy body is the Shiva Lingam,the head is the Linga & the body - the Yoni. Until then, until the time Shakti flowers fully in me, i follow the directions inside..

I once again thank all sadhaks here. Glory to Moolan, en appane !!

Sahasranama
14 January 2011, 02:48 AM
It's good to hear that your Sadhana has improved your memory. I am not educated at all on the use of yantras, so I cannot give any advice.

giridhar
14 January 2011, 03:35 AM
It's good to hear that your Sadhana has improved your memory. I am not educated at all on the use of yantras, so I cannot give any advice.

Dear Sahasranama ,

I respect you in this forum. I have read quite a few of ur posts.

Actually, im not educated at all in anything. I dont have any human guru, for i havent accepted any. I learnt that brahmacharya & conservation of vital fluid was most important in hindu culture (vedic culture). I have been doing it, for, i have lived to know the meaning of Shakti... This is my only sadhana - brahmacharya.

Most ppl scared me when i had a burning desire to do puja; saying if it is not done daily, then it brings disastrous results - abt Shiva Puja, the less said the better, for He is the ferocious one, isnt it ? :Roll: :Roll: :Roll:

I got the knowledge from inside my self,that our glorious hindu culture faded cos v stopped loving the most powerful , the terrible Lord Shri Rudra-Mahaa Kaali. I was convinced of this truth when i studied Swami Vivekkananda & Shri Aurobindo.

Fear is superstition, Fear is death. Strength is Life. & i got strength by loving the anger of my dear Shri Rudra - "Namaste Rudra Manyava Utota Ishave Namah" - goes Shri Rudram.

My passion , a burning fire to hug Shri Rudra , led me to progress like never before. I havent any visions in yoga, but it is clear to me that im on the right path. All required gurus for Shiva Puja, Yantra etc were sent to me, or i came across them. All events happen of themselves,without any exertion from my side....

Actually, i was an ardent devotee of Hanuman-Shri Raam... I was led to Parama Shiva,fondly called 'Paramar' by the Shiva loving tamil people.

My passion was so strong that, those things which ppl said "dont do", "this needs some procedure" etc etc, i overlooked purposely. Boldly, with the view that if Shri Rudra is my father, the terrible supreme one without a second, then i need ONLY love , ONLY love. Nothing else..

Shri Rudra likes boldness, raw courage, fearlessness in any sadhana. He is the supreme warrior. "Namaste Astu Dhanvane , Baahubhyaam utate namah" - goes Shri Rudram.

Let him shower His power on all sadhaks, for the coming time is indeed painful , for the sadhaks, & more so for the Mlechhaas.........

Hara Hara Mahaa Dev !!!

Sahasranama
14 January 2011, 05:00 AM
Most ppl scared me when i had a burning desire to do puja; saying if it is not done daily, then it brings disastrous results - abt Shiva Puja, the less said the better, for He is the ferocious one, isnt it ?
I can understand where they are comming from. A lot of practices that require initiation have to be performed daily without stop. Even simple upanayana sanskaar means that you have to do sandhya vandana daily, but many people have forgotten about this. I didn't know this either until I started studying about Hinduism and learning from a teacher. But simple bhakti puja is different and is not required to be done daily, unless of course you perform prana pratishta of the murthi which is better avoided if you can't do daily puja. You can do avahana and visarjana which is inviting and saying goodbye everytime you do puja. But this is not necessary in Banalingas and Saligramas.

giridhar
15 January 2011, 08:29 PM
I can understand where they are comming from. A lot of practices that require initiation have to be performed daily without stop. Even simple upanayana sanskaar means that you have to do sandhya vandana daily, but many people have forgotten about this. I didn't know this either until I started studying about Hinduism and learning from a teacher. But simple bhakti puja is different and is not required to be done daily, unless of course you perform prana pratishta of the murthi which is better avoided if you can't do daily puja. You can do avahana and visarjana which is inviting and saying goodbye everytime you do puja. But this is not necessary in Banalingas and Saligramas.

You are absolutely right abt the praana prathishtha part. The fear comes because,if the initiated job is not done regularly,then the Guru has to face the karmic effects. This was confirmed by the sufferings of Mother Shaarada Devi at Dakshineshwar, as She , out of compassion used to initiate everyone,for the latters' benefit. Of course, this was taken lightly by the people. But advanced sadhaks & yogis have the power to suffer (of course , im not justifying the laziness of the people here :) )

Bhraata Sahasranama , Im surprised to know even aavaahana & visarjanaa are not required in Baana Linga & Shaalagraama !!

What i have learnt is this - Praana Prathishtha are not required for Shiva Lingas made of certain materials like Sphatik (Crystal) etc as Sphatik IS Shiva-Shakti in union. It generates so much power when simple japa or full length puja is done to it.

But i thought aavaahana & visarjana are to be done in any Shiva Linga. I thought they are an unavoidable part of any puja...This is new news for me !! hmm, good.. can keep learning....

Om Shakti