PDA

View Full Version : What mantra for violent sudden deaths?

Adhvagat
16 January 2011, 11:54 AM
Sorry for being brief, but a person somewhat close to me left this world in a not so auspicious way, I just found out now. This explains why I almost had a heart attack this past evening and my mom and dad had weird dreams and didn't feel well.

I was told that this mantra was good for death related causes:

Om Tryambakam Yajamahe
Sugandhim Pushtivardhanam
Urvarukamiva Bandhanan
Mrityor Mukshiya Maamritat

Any reccomendations on mantras and procedures to help guide this departed jiva?

Sahasranama
16 January 2011, 12:07 PM
I am sorry to hear the news. The mrityunjaya mantra is for good health and avoiding untimely death. If the soul has already deperted, normally verses of the bhagavad gita are being chanted by relatives. Please look at the garuda purana for more information on funeral rites.

Here is the viddhi to chant the bhagavad gita, you can chant the shlokas and offer the fruits of the chanting to the departed:
http://sanskritdocuments.org/all_pdf/bgmahat.pdf

internationalhindu
04 October 2011, 06:25 PM
Very sorry to hear of your loss. The mrityunjaya mantra is a very powerful mantra of Lord Shiva which is generally used to overcome the fear of death and for good health.

I would suggest that it is better to help the departed soul to be freed, and attain moksha. You can assist in this by chanting the simple and well-known mantras " Hare Rama" and "Om Namah Shivay" 108 times daily. This will help the sins of the departed to be washed off and will also remove your sins.

Then chant the appropriate sloka of Durga Devi from this link :-Selected Durga Slokas (http://onlyhinduism.blogspot.com/2011/10/sleected-durga-slokas-for-success.html) . They are very powerful and effective slokas which are written by Adi Shankaracharya.

This will help you and the departed soul to overcome any adversities which are still holding back the soul on earth. God bless you

Adhvagat
08 October 2011, 05:09 PM
Int'l Hindu.

A few hours before the event I had a bodily premonition with heavy chest pains and a crazy sudden increase of blood pressure. I was deeply affected by the event to the extent that my anahata chakra felt like a black hole, a complete void, I even went to a cardiologist later to make an electrocardiography, I was feeling a heavy weakness in my heart, but nothing showed in the exams.

All the people close to the departed person only felt better after we conducted a ceremony of her passing in the Rio de Janeiro ISKCON Jagannatha Temple, we all spoke our hearts and we sung one of the most beautiful melody of the maha mantra I ever listened to in my life then we concluded with an Agni Hotra. The dark cloud dissipated after that.

Thanks for the recommendations.

Om

internationalhindu
09 October 2011, 06:54 AM
Pietro Impagliazzo

Very happy to know that you are better...Most paranormal activities are momentary and may not necessarily show up in medical examinations...i presume the violent death of your beloved friend happened while the friend was in a strong emotional state with a lot of unfulfilled aspirations...it would have made the soul reluctant to leave the earthly abode...which would have lead to the contact of that soul with you and family...it is very good that by the grace of god you were able to identify and do necessary rites....just wanted to add something that i forgot to mention in the prev reply - there is a pooja called 'thila homa' which is done specifically for the salvation of departed souls...it is a pooja performed in selected temples that allow funeral rites like 'shraddh' and 'bali tharpana'...the pooja may be conducted later if not convenient now, and for the time being the chanting of slokas and a sincere prayer for the friend would be enough....God bless you