PDA

View Full Version : Have you heard anything about this ?

jasdir
20 January 2011, 08:15 AM
I have heard that "God" Realized persons have attractive "Red glow" on their faces.

Is this True ?
or
Have you heard anything about this ?

"Namaste" _/\_ Jasdir

Eastern Mind
20 January 2011, 08:30 AM
Vannakkam Jasdir: I have never heard of this. What source did you get it from? I have been told that the aura (a bit like a halo) of a self-realised soul is a deepish violet purple, but I cannot read auras either so there is no experiential knowledge.

The only people I know who get red faces are alcoholics with a particular type of skin.

Aum Namasivaya

sm78
20 January 2011, 08:57 AM
The only people I know who get red faces are alcoholics with a particular type of skin.

Aum Namasivaya

I know that kind too...lol

Adhvagat
20 January 2011, 02:12 PM
I think the spectrum and possibilities are big (perhaps limitless?). Imagine how boring it would be if there was only one way of being self-realized. :p

So I think the peculiar characteristic presented to someone with a more subtle perception could vary in this regard.

All colors emanate from Brahman, right?

Eastern Mind
20 January 2011, 06:01 PM
Vannakkam Pietro: As far as I know, people who actually can read auras will all see the same colours, as they have sat around and compared what they saw, and agreed. And I would be very surprised if there was colour blindness from the inner eye.

Its similar with the inner sights of chakras. Independent sources verify sameness.

Aum Namasivaya

Adhvagat
20 January 2011, 09:51 PM
I guess you're right, my opinion has no foundation whatsoever, so trust EM. :)

sanjaya
20 January 2011, 11:55 PM

Ha! Anyone who's been in astronomy graduate school knows precisely what you're talking about. :)

Jasdir: never heard of this. As far as I can tell, spiritually-inclined people don't look that different from anyone else. Not that I may not be mistaken, of course...

Eastern Mind
21 January 2011, 04:58 AM
As far as I can tell, spiritually-inclined people don't look that different from anyone else. Not that I may not be mistaken, of course...

Vannakkam: From my limited experience, advanced souls do have a particular deep 'glow' about them. You can see the contentment in their eyes facial movements, their movements etc. Its pretty subtle (not red) to be sure, but I know I've noticed it.

Those of us who have been in tune with pregnant spouses or co-workers may also have noticed a 'glow'. I believe personally that that one has to do with hormones.

Even people such as athletes, meditaters, or very pure eaters (vegetarians) who have a calm lifestyle may be noticeable in some way as being different. But a lot must have to do with the eyes of the beholder.

Aum Namasivaya

Ramakrishna
22 January 2011, 05:42 PM
Namaste Jasdir,

While I've never heard anything specifically like a red glow, I have read before about spiritually advanced people having a distinct look to them. Actually, one of the Vedic verses that I get through email from the Himalayan Academy just a few days ago mentions something like this:

"Lightness, healthiness, steadiness, clearness of complexion, pleasantness of voice, sweetness of odor, and slight excretions-these, they say, are the first results of the progress of yoga."
Krishna Yajur Veda, Svetasvatara Upanishad 2.13. upr, 723

The closest thing in that verse is "clearness of complexion", but of course there could be other references to more things in other verses or scriptures.

While I've personally never been face to face with a very spiritually advanced person, like a swami or guru, I could definitely imagine that they would have a special appearance to them, such as the deep glow that Eastern Mindji mentions. It could be from the powerful shakti that constantly emanates and surrounds them.

Jai Sri Ram