PDA

View Full Version : Mind and reality

realdemigod
21 January 2011, 08:09 AM
I didn't find any other place proper for this topic.

I believe what Buddha said that you create your own reality with whatever you think. But I have experienced this only when things go wrong with me.. I know that sometimes I lose my mind and constantly worry about my problems and things get worse that day..really worse. But the same thing.. when I think good and happy in the mind when day starts.. nothing equally happens.. the day would be just normal. I don't get it.. why is that negative things are so frequent and more intense while positive things and events are so less and so fragile..even though I make enough effort to think positive stuff. I also observed even for one instant when I think negative something will go wrong.. but the same thing when I think positive .. nothing positive happens. It's like the world is more driven towards negative than positive.

I need all your opinions and advice. I'm losing my peace of mind.

Thanks a lot in advance

Sahasranama
21 January 2011, 08:18 AM
If you have a copy of "The Secret," please burn it down immediately. This book is the cheapest form of spiritual materialism and it will get you nowhere. :)

Eastern Mind
21 January 2011, 08:43 AM
Vannakkam realdemigod: Without knowing more specifics, its kind of hard to say much. A couple of things do come to mind though. When we find ourselves in a negative mood, its better to find a distraction than to try to force or will our way out of it. Think of this as someone separate from you. Yelling at a person to calm down only aggravates the situation. Also, I would suggest not doing religious sadhanas at these times, as the intensity can stimulate these moods as well as the moods attracting asuric forces. So if you have the time, I would suggest a walk in nature, doing some physical activity you enjoy, or something like that. I know one thing that works for me, for example, is to go over to my son's place and shoot pool with him. Of course everyone is in a different situation. As you say yourself, excessive worry just puts the mind into circles. Fresh air and exercise help I think.

There are also often outside causes or stimulants that an individual may not be aware of: something someone said, light deprivation, sleep deprivation, astrological rahu times. Sometimes a close friend or loved one will see a cause easier than you can yourself.

Of course a lot of the remedy depends om how far you have gone down.
Sincere best wishes with it.:)

Aum Namasivaya

realdemigod
21 January 2011, 08:51 AM
Sahasranama - I don't have the book..I know it's phony..coz I have seen the video once to know what's it about. But I have come to believe what Buddha said..from my own experience..since you can make things worse by worrying about problems and thinking negative..ofcourse you can make things better by thinking about good and positive things. It's just that I meet less positive that's all.

Thanks Eastern Mind for your advice.

devotee
21 January 2011, 09:53 AM
Dear RealdemiGod,

Things are happening that way because your will power is weak. So, you attract bad things due to the negativity within you.

You make things happen the way you want. For that you have to make your will power really strong. How to make one's will power strong ? The formula is :

0. Decide coolly, logically and objectively list of things you should do & what you should not.

1. Always do what you think is good for you. Never do what you think is bad for you.

2. Be ready to suffer anything for adhering to the above.

Start following the above simple recipe and see the magic ! :)

OM

yajvan
21 January 2011, 10:48 AM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

Water, if you don’t stir it, will become clear;

the mind, left unaltered, will find it own natural peace... Sogyal Rinpoche

praṇām

anatman
21 January 2011, 11:15 AM
I believe what Buddha said that you create your own reality with whatever you think. But I have experienced this only when things go wrong with me.. I know that sometimes I lose my mind and constantly worry about my problems and things get worse that day..really worse. But the same thing.. when I think good and happy in the mind when day starts.. nothing equally happens.. the day would be just normal. I don't get it.. why is that negative things are so frequent and more intense while positive things and events are so less and so fragile..even though I make enough effort to think positive stuff. I also observed even for one instant when I think negative something will go wrong.. but the same thing when I think positive .. nothing positive happens. It's like the world is more driven towards negative than positive.

Thanks a lot in advance

Yes, this happens to me too.
Its more the negative than the positive.
The only thing I can say from personal experience is that I have always been thinking more negatively than the positive for the past 10-12 years of my life.
So it takes time for the positive thoughts to materialize and to suppress the 10-12 years of negative thinking. There is always this negative thought which goes on inside the sub-conscious mind.
You may think positive thoughts on the outside, but what goes on internally(subconsciously) is what matters.
You need to clean the negativity from the inside.
This is tough, but with practice and will power we can replace our negative sub-conscious thoughts to more positive ones.

(Ex: Note the use of 'tough' in the above statement, this word came to me from the inside(sub-consciously) while writing this post, this is exactly what I am referring to.
This is one of the aspects which needs to be worked on and has to be replaced with a more Powerful, positive word)

Jai Shankara!!

realdemigod
21 January 2011, 09:59 PM
Thank you all for your valuable opinions

jasdir
22 January 2011, 02:16 AM
I didn't find any other place proper for this topic.

Thanks a lot in advance

To think anything is not in our hand, if we can control our thinkings then what is left behind,

Yes! one can devlop virtues, but never try to stop negative thinking, the results of doing this are always negative becuase in this we start to Memorise "negative thinkings to stop" insted of thinking positive.

All this depends on what we are "Memorising" not on what we are trying to stop.

Mainly there are Five negative thinkings they are Lust, anger, greed, false attachments and vanity, One can never overcome these with fight, the way to over come these is that one should devlop virtues insted of fighting with these.

If somebody want to control "Lust" then do not fight with this just devlop the vitrue of "chastity" or "Celibacy", lust will be controled itself automatically.

Similarly take the virtue of "Forgiveness" against "Anger",
Take the virtue of "contentment" against "Greed",
Take the virtue of "Wisdom" against "False attachments",
Take the virtue of "Humality" "Humbleness" and "Meekness" against "Vanity"

_/\_ Jasdir.

Eastern Mind
22 January 2011, 06:14 AM
Vannakkam: I very much agree with Jasdir on the approach. As a former addict to nicotine, it is much the same. Once you start 'fighting' it becomes much harder. You end up smoking more. I discovered that I had to quit quitting first before actually quitting. Now I see they actually have an anti-tobacco ad on TV describing the same process. Perhaps I should sue them for patent infringement or something like that.

Aum Namasivaya

jasdir
24 January 2011, 07:50 AM
Vannakkam: I very much agree with Jasdir on the approach. As a former addict to nicotine, it is much the same. Once you start 'fighting' it becomes much harder. You end up smoking more. I discovered that I had to quit quitting first before actually quitting. Now I see they actually have an anti-tobacco ad on TV describing the same process. Perhaps I should sue them for patent infringement or something like that.Aum Namasivaya

Thankyou Eastren mind ji,
I a can learn better english through your replies.:)

_/\_ "Namaste"
Jasdir.

charlebs
06 April 2011, 08:20 AM
funny thing, whenever I imagined the party I'd go to as most likely boring and horrible, it would always be the opposite.

however expecting it cool like the other night, the boredom quickly creeps in. :D