PDA

View Full Version : My experiences with shiva

armitkkr
23 January 2011, 01:15 AM
I had visvion of siva in my dreams few months back. I had been a ardent devotee of siva and durga since i know. Initiqally lots of good things started heppening to me like i became even more devoted and spent 2 hrs even with my somewhat busy work schedule. But, lately many UGLY things happened to me which has made me loss my faith completely. I met an acident which left me with multiple injuries and bedridden for many days. just few weeks after the god's vision made me feel very bad and angry. Many said it is his way of testing, but many bad things i encountred repeatedly so i have given up. I am so angry and decided to give up my faith. Sorry if my post may hurt your religious sentiments, i wanted to share my experience with god.

PARAM
24 January 2011, 11:06 AM
There are many who are born disable, there are many who become disabled in later part. It is fruit of karma. Your bhakti is great you were only bedridden and you will be fine sooner or later, Bhagwan Shiv helped you, you should give him more respect

Eastern Mind
24 January 2011, 11:22 AM
Vannakkam armitkkr: Welcome to these forums. I hope you can continue to post here, as I'm sure you will find comforting and wise words. Everything is the dance of Siva. The appearances of 'good' and 'bad' are sometimes exactly the opposite. It just depends on your frame of mind. It's 'good' that you had the opportunity to work out karma, for example. So I really think that discarding the notion of good/bad is helpful. These aren't really Hindu concepts anyway. They're Abrahamic.

Regarding your frame of mind, surely you've met people who loudly complain of minor scratches, yet others who go about business positively despite major handicaps.

Taking a break from faith is sometimes a necessary and very useful thing to do. it can give us a whole new perspective on life. Best wishes with your break from it.

Aum Namasivaya

NayaSurya
24 January 2011, 11:35 AM
In my life....many things have come to pass. Very wretched things....and still I fall to the feet of Beloved as Shiva is innocent to these things. He is spotless and absolutely not at fault, He is faultless.

This world is to blame, and Beloved will help you....do not abandon Beloved Shiva because this wretched world impacts you so.

Even if I lost everything tomorrow, I would remain to sing at His Feet, I know this because once....I did lose much.

Because of this devotion, Beloved watches over me so carefully....even when I myself face karma or random acts harm me. He comes to bring relief. As a Mother to her child.

Just as I watch my own children stumble and make mistakes....of which I can not save them....but I can be there to shelter them from the reprocussions.

I feel this world is a mixture of Karma burning and also because of it's corrupted state, the world also inflicts random acts of bad things...and also good. Karma is a machine which may work independantly of Beloved....it's necessary for growth and learning.

Fate, luck and Karma happen here constantly, and Beloved Shiva watches over us...shelters us...gives us peace of mind.

That even when our vessels malfunction or become broken...we are not broken.

We can never be broken!

Our soul is a tiny portion of Beloved Shiva and can never be broken...never be damaged....they can not break you Armit....never ever.

Only you can allow this, by denying your birthright.

Do not allow these transient events to break you. Have faith, be strong....the winds are always changing...and they will again blow in your favor.

During abuse and abandonment during my childhood I prayed...and I grew up to become a Mother who is so blessed...I am the parent I never could have.

When my own daughter was born after having four sons in a row and was dead upon the bed infront of my doctor and I...I prayed...I never allowed these things to trick me into self pity.

A year later a child was born on that same bed in that same hospital room as the sun rose over a frenzy of pink cherry blossoms...alive and well...that child is 13 years old this year.

Shiva is my Shelter, my Beloved, Beloved Everything...and no matter what happens. Even if today I was struck down and liberated from this body....I would immediately return to Beloved Shiva's Feet.

Never ever allow this world to corrupt this wondrous gift of learning.
Never allow such events to trick you into making a mistake.

Strive on Armit!

We all fall, the important thing is to get back up and know in your heart that you have not fallen at all.

Om Namah Shivaya Beloved Shivaya.

yajvan
24 January 2011, 03:00 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté armitkkr,

But, lately many UGLY things happened to me which has made me loss my faith completely.
I can see how this can occur.

Let me offer the following point of view for your kind consideration.
You mention,

Many said it is his way of testing
Here, I cannot say I know the Supreme's intent, or even if there is one, but can only think of a compassionate Supreme Being,
with little time to spoon out suffering.

I am told we are knocked-down to learn how to get back up. I see this ~stress~ in nature. The wind blows against a tree and it bends.
It learns to be flexible. Yet as it bends its roots go deeper into the soil for more stability. So the stress of the wind actually makes the tree firmer,
flexible and more stable.

That said, we all wish to be nāka¹ ( painless ), no? When we do not see the why and wherefore, we can only assume the hand of the Lord
must be at work. Why is this happening to me, since I do not know, I must assign it to a higher power.

The dali lama makes it simple for me to comprehend; pain is inevitable, suffering is optional. Why so? We are a bundle of actions that accumulate,
we do not have a clear line of sight for why things occur.
So, for our body-emotions based life, there can be pain. Pain on all different levels - the heart, the mind, the body, this is what occurs in life.
When we associate and identify ourselves with the body, the possibility for pain arises all the time.

Yet if we associate with the Supreme, that is, possessed of ātma-jñāna ( Self-knowledge) then we do not associate with those things that
occur with the body - and this is why the dali lama says suffering is optional. We can arrive at a level of being outside of suffering.

If the Supreme wished to discharge grief upon us, I think he would just take-away the freedom to choose. This is one gift he afforded us - Choice.
Since he has not , this choice is still in full bloom within the human experience.
You now have this freedom to act as you see fit. This choice can bring you closer to the truth or further away. Yet note that the Supreme is
infinite and has all the time in the universe to await your recall to the path to Him. Because He is all compassionate He will await your return.

satyānna pramaditavyam
dharmānna pramaditavyam
kusalānna pramaditavyam
bhūtyai na pramaditavam
Never swerve away from Truth
never swerve away from duty
never neglect your welfare; swerve
not from any act for the protection of yourself
... taittirīya upaniṣad (1.11.1).

praṇām

words

nāka - some say this is rooted (√) in nam to turn away or ward off ; this word nāka is viewed this way - ná + áka , ' where there is no pain'
nāka was also the son of the ṛṣi mudgala and he the son of viśvāmitra
satyānna could also be viewed as satyāna or satya +ana meaning breathing ( ana) the truth (satya)

c.smith
25 February 2011, 05:07 AM
A couple points, IMHO, that I'd like to offer that I try to remind myself of as well -

1. Everything belongs to Shiva - our bodies, our minds, our souls. He only has the best of intentions for his devotees.

2. Events in our lives are the results of our own karma. Owning up to this often helps reduce the pain.

3. Ambe Maa is very compassionate and answers the sincere prayers of her devotees who are in pain. Cry out to her in your time of need, praise her at all other times.

Shivratri is just around the corner. At that time, if nothing more, make a commitment to yourself to health, happiness and wholeness.

All the best to you.

Om Namah Shivaya!

sunyata07
25 February 2011, 02:26 PM
Namaste,

I am sorry to hear of your misfortunes. I can only reiterate what the others have said in response to your post. God does not seek to punish you or make you suffer. The things that happen to us, good and bad, occur from the result of our past actions, intertwined with the past actions of others. This is the karmic law of the universe. It can be very difficult to accept this truth: that we sometimes must bear the unpleasant karmic consequences of actions committed in the distant past, and it is even more difficult to accept the fact that we must bear the weight of the actions of others. No one can live a life in isolation, even though we like to feel like each one of us is in the sole command of his destiny. This is how suffering can arise, when we wonder how is it that bad things happen to good people.

I can understand your hurt, although I don't see how giving up your faith will change anything (particularly if this is not based on your own personal introspection and philosophy). Shiva is still there, as are the conditions of your life that you must live with - to be angry with Him must mean you still have some faith? Otherwise your post contradicts itself. I hope you can one day go back to Shiva with love.

Om namah Shivaya

upsydownyupsy mv ss
26 February 2011, 03:30 AM
I had visvion of siva in my dreams few months back. I had been a ardent devotee of siva and durga since i know. Initiqally lots of good things started heppening to me like i became even more devoted and spent 2 hrs even with my somewhat busy work schedule. But, lately many UGLY things happened to me which has made me loss my faith completely. I met an acident which left me with multiple injuries and bedridden for many days. just few weeks after the god's vision made me feel very bad and angry. Many said it is his way of testing, but many bad things i encountred repeatedly so i have given up. I am so angry and decided to give up my faith. Sorry if my post may hurt your religious sentiments, i wanted to share my experience with god.

Hmmm.... Yup! Go ahead, pick the easy way out. Blame the parent for the burns the child gets by touching the candle. Yup, its the parants' fault indeed. They tell us its fire and that it would burn on touching it, the child goes ahead, touches and gets burnt. Now, it cries and blames the father to not have pulled it back. Hmm... maybe its a lesson. Next, Ravana may also start to complain the same, 'Why did the lord not save me? Why did I die such a horrible death?' Simple, Ravana was a stupid foolish child, even though loved his parents very much, tortured his brothers and sisters of the world. How much had Ravan (materialistically) worshiped Shiva? How much had Ram (materialistically) worshipped Shiva? Inspite of being a powerful demon and great devotee of Shiva, he was not able to keep a small linga from touching the ground. But, my Rama obtained the Pashupatastra from Lord Shankara and slew the wicked one. Yup this is Shiva, harsh at times you wont expect him to be harsh. He is the one who drank poison and saved the world. He is surrounded by snakes (deadly forces of nature like, gravity, electromagnetic force, weak and strong nuclear forces and more that we don't know.) This is my Shiva, a tyrant that terrorizes me to remove my papa purusha and is a fruit that soothes me when in pain. This my friends, is one of the main reasons I choose to ever love my lord. He punishes me, gives me pain, confuses me, makes me fear at him, but he is and was the only friend who supported me and sustained me morally from within me, when I was lonely. For this friendship, love, compassion and kindness, I'm ready to undergo pain for all eternity. I'm sad that you have doubted my lover and my lord. Have you ever even tried talking to him? Ever gave him your scoldings? Ever called him names like, idiot, fool, etc? I did:o
How can you understand him, when you have not tried to be emotionally near to him?

From the Bhagvad geeta, as far as I've heard,
God says that he is only a banker, giving and taking karma and doesn't personally punish or reward anyone. In other words, every action has an equal and opposite reaction and god is only a medium for this.

You know, Bedara kannappa literally removed his eyes with the help of an arrow and fixed it to the lingam, which lost its eyes.

I had these weird puzzling dream once......
There he was standing Shiva, using spells, resurrecting demon goblin like things in dozens. I was fighting these demons with the spell, 'OM NAMAH SHIVAYA' then, I was shocked to know that Shiva was the cause of this. But, I did not give up hope and continued to battle the lord I loved. I was doing this only because, I had to follow the path of justice, which he himself taught. As time passed on, I grew sad of fighting the one I loved and finally gave up. Just then, Hanuman came in and advised me to continue fighting, if I really loved Shiva. I was re-energised, with just one chant of 'Om Namah Shivaya,' there was light everywhere and these creatures vanished. It was shocking for me, when I learnt, that I was fighting a demon dressed as Shiva from Hanuman and also that the monkey wasn't Hanuman, but an ordinary monkey, who came to help me, on the command of my lord. He finally concluded, 'God does not interfere directly and during the dark times, we need to look around us and look within ourselves for traces of presence of god and then we will get the answers for our questions.'
Being in love with god is like an orthodox Indian marriage....
Its not that, you like a girl and don't like her the next year, get divorced again, marry someone else, repeat it 10-20 times and play a fool out of the marriage. Its very serious, you must live and love with one girl for the entire life. Its not that there are many gods, in Hinduism, there are multiple forms of the supreme devine, from the system(smartha) I follow, and as far as I know, Devi, Shiva, Vishnu, Ganapathi and Surya and their avatars are the roopas of Brahman. The rest are devatas.

When there are questions, there will be answers and we have to search for it.

Eastern Mind
26 February 2011, 06:15 AM
Vannakkam posters: I just wanted o state that the OP made one post over a month ago, and that according to the member's list, came back once two days later.

Then, just two days ago the thread got bumped by a spammer. I just think that sometimes it could be beneficial to look at such things before responding, as the likelihood of the OP reading it is somewhere between slim and none. Of course there is no harm done
Aum Namasivaya

Lokavidu
07 March 2011, 12:51 AM

in my opinion, maybe Lord Shiva helped you purifying your bad karma.
many people haved the better life or luck after they survived from some sufferings.

you are still alive...

so keep smile and be happy.