PDA

View Full Version : Savitri Devi

DarkForest
09 February 2011, 01:03 PM
I would like to know what is your input on this lady, i recently read abook about her obviously she did some very good things, but she has been tied to nazism.

Ramakrishna
10 February 2011, 12:15 AM
Namaste DarkForest,

I've never heard of her, but I just read a little. Looks pretty far out there, and I'm not really interested in learning much more about her. I'm not sure how she came up with her belief that Hitler was like an avatar. She was also a Holocaust denier, which is a very very ignorant view to hold.

One good thing that I saw she did was lead resistance to the spread of Christianity in India.

Jai Sri Ram

Sahasranama
10 February 2011, 04:36 AM
http://koenraadelst.bharatvani.org/articles/fascism/savitri.html

http://koenraadelst.bharatvani.org/articles/fascism/SavitriDevi.html

Eastern Mind
11 February 2011, 02:49 PM
Vannakkam DF: Not sure where you're getting your info from. Certainly there is debate. Its kind of nice to have things backed by other websites or historical papers or scripture. Like this:

http://www.nobeliefs.com/hitler.htm

Best wishes.

Aum Namasivaya

Ramakrishna
11 February 2011, 10:13 PM
Namaste DarkForest,

Certainly there are different levels of Holocause deniers, ranging from those who believe a lesser number of people were killed to those who deny the Holocaust ever existed at all. I have not studied the subject in depth enough to go against what the conventional beliefs are.

One thing I have studied a bit is Hitler's religious beliefs, and he most certainly was a Christian. The site Eastern Mindji linked to is great, and there are a lot of other unbiased sites out there that will show you that Hitler was a Christian. Of course there are many many different brands of Christianity, and Hitler definitely condemned some of them, but ultimately he himself was a Christian who believed in the God of Christianity and the Bible.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Roman%20Catholicism/hitler-catholic-monster.gif

I have also tried finding information on how Savitri Devi came up with her belief that Hitler was an avatar, but I can't really find anything. One one hand I am curious as to how someone can come up with such a ridiculous belief but on the other hand I really don't want to read such nonsense.

Jai Sri Ram

BryonMorrigan
12 February 2011, 10:29 AM
1. I am an historian, with a Master's Degree in History, and pursuing a Ph.D. My opinions on this matter are, therefore, of more relevance than say, some anonymous website or uneducated person.

2. Most of the quotes that you, and the website you quote, posted were from a book called "Hitler's Table Talk." Historians have LONG known that these quotes exist only in the TRANSLATIONS of the book, and not in the original German. Why? A French translator ADDED them in order to further the myth that Hitler was Anti-Christian, and it was decades before anyone caught on to this forgery. Another big source of fake quotes from Hitler is Herman Rauschning's book, which was a DELIBERATE forgery, created during WW2 by the English military with an aim of reducing American Christians' support for Hitler. (Look up Father Coughlin...Hitler had a lot of support in the USA from Right-Wing Christians until America entered the war.) Here's an article from another historian on these fake quotes: http://www.ffrf.org/legacy/fttoday/2002/nov02/carrier.php

3. The fact that Hitler put Christians to death is a moot point, since Nazi Germany was essentially a Christian Nation. He did NOT, however, put Christians to death BECAUSE they were Christians. He put them to death for opposing his policies.

4. No reputable historian questions the Holocaust. You have to go to disgraced guys like David Irving and his buddies at the IHR to find any that do...

5. Hitler spoke often about how much he loathed the non-Christian elements within the Nazi Party, especially the Neo-Pagan ones...even in "Mein Kampf":

"The characteristic thing about these people [Germanic Pagans] is that they rave about old Germanic heroism, about dim prehistory, stone axes spear and shield,but in reality are the greatest cowards that can be imagined. For the samepeople who brandish scholarly imitations of old German tin swords, and wear a dressed bearskin with bull's horns over their bearded heads, preach forthe present nothing but struggle with spiritual weapons, and run away asfast as they can from every Communist blackjack. Posterity will have little occasion to glorify their own heroic existence in a new epic." (Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, Part 1, Chapter 12)

6. On the other hand, Hitler promoted a version of Christianity called "Positive Christianity," and very similar to the "Christian Identity" of American Neo-Nazi groups like the "Aryan Nations." Here's an example:

"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people."-Adolf Hitler, in a speech on 12 April 1922 (Norman H. Baynes, ed. The Speeches of Adolf Hitler, April 1922-August 1939, Vol. 1 of 2, pp. 19-20, Oxford University Press, 1942)

7. Unlike the secular governments of the USA and other Allied countries...Nazi Germany was a distinctively CHRISTIAN NATION. On the belt buckles of nearly every Wehrmacht soldier was a phrase marked, "Gott Mitt Uns!" It means, "God is with us!" or "God is on our side!"

Sorry, but your thesis is ludicrous. Hitler was a Christian. Read some ACTUAL history books, not ones you buy from Neo-Nazi websites like the IHR or National Vanguard. The facts are clear.

BryonMorrigan
12 February 2011, 06:02 PM
Double Post. (Deleted)

BryonMorrigan
13 February 2011, 09:15 AM
I found a video that explains DarkForest's views on science and the universe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQQ5eBG2f7k