PDA

View Full Version : Forgot the medication?

satay
13 February 2011, 01:17 PM
Admin Note

Namaste,
One of the members forgot to take their prozac this weekend. They have been given the boot. Sorry about the inconvienence. :cool1:

BryonMorrigan
13 February 2011, 01:21 PM
DON'T YOU WANT TO HEAR ABOUT HOW YOU'RE NOT REALLY A HINDU BECAUSE YOU DON'T GET YOUR INFORMATION FROM WHITE SUPREMACISTS????

SILLY FOOL!!!

Adhvagat
13 February 2011, 01:26 PM
What did I miss? :p

And regarding mood-altering medications: http://www.amazon.com/Medication-Madness-Psychiatrist-Mood-Altering-Medications/dp/B0031MA8KG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1297625171&sr=8-1

c.smith
13 February 2011, 01:27 PM
Thank-you Satay - you've done us all a great service!

BryonMorrigan
13 February 2011, 01:28 PM
What did I miss? :p

"DarkForest" posted a lost of Neo-Nazi and White Supremacist nonsense, said we're all not "real" Hindus (even the Indian-born members here), and posted a bunch of racist statements about Indians...often in REALLY BIG FONT SIZES!

Eastern Mind
13 February 2011, 01:30 PM
Vannakkam All: I am as equally appalled as anyone else, but I personally quit responding about the middle of yesterday. So although I know it's hard, really the best thing to do in our moderator's absence would have been to use the ignore button, or just read and not respond. Trolls are just that, trolling for someone to nibble at ludicrous ideas, and in this case, my hands clap for the success of this troll at doing just that. He must be laughing all the way to the next pub, I suppose. He even had me for awhile, but I was able to get away. After a trolling fisherman gets no bite, he goes home.
:)
This forum only has one moderator, and it is not his job to be checking in every ten minutes to see if any trolls came by. So I think we could all help out a bit by ignoring such things. We are relatively small as forums go, and it is unfair to ask Satay to be here all the time.

Just my point of view.

Aum Namasivaya

satay
13 February 2011, 01:30 PM
Can I not even take one day off? Even God rested on Sunday.
Jeez.. :D

Adhvagat
13 February 2011, 01:33 PM
The old aryan invasion nonsense?

NayaSurya
13 February 2011, 01:33 PM
Yes you can. But, I am also very grateful you decided to come here today.

Eastern Mind
13 February 2011, 01:37 PM
The old aryan invasion nonsense?

Vannakkam: Don't ask any more, please. Its over. I don't think anyone here wants to take you through the movie again!:)
You didn't miss anything at all worthwhile.

How is Brazil?

Aum Namasivaya

mohanty
13 February 2011, 01:49 PM
Vannakkam: Don't ask any more, please. Its over. I don't think anyone here wants to take you through the movie again!:)
You didn't miss anything at all worthwhile.

How is Brazil?

Aum Namasivaya

Worthwhile? I would say it was worthwhile. It is not everyone that you get to see someone making an utter fool of themselves. But then again, I am new here. Does this sort of thing happen often?

sunyata07
13 February 2011, 02:28 PM
Thank God for Satay! Being the admin is tough, but someone's got to take out the white trash, right? :cool1:

The scary thing is I don't think DarkForest was actually troll in the traditional sense of stirring up trouble for no reason. I think he sincerely believes all that nonsense about Hindus having gotten their ideas from Jesus, and white people being the first people on earth, and how we've devolved from extra-terrestrials and Lord knows what else.

Let's just hope we've seen the last of him, and that he doesn't come back under a different username.

Om namah Shivaya

satay
13 February 2011, 02:48 PM
Namaste,
Thanks to everyone for reporting the posts. I think I am now done with the cleanup, however, if you still see the garbage, please send me a pm or report the post.

Thanks again everyone!

ps: Yes, I agree with Eastern, the best thing to do is to report the post and not reply to it. It makes my job easier as far as cleanup but if you must get it off your chest and can't hold your blow then...no problem, it just takes a little longer to clean.

BTW, Bryon, I am in Canada not India.

BryonMorrigan
13 February 2011, 03:24 PM
Vannakkam All: I am as equally appalled as anyone else, but I personally quit responding about the middle of yesterday. So although I know it's hard, really the best thing to do in our moderator's absence would have been to use the ignore button, or just read and not respond. Trolls are just that, trolling for someone to nibble at ludicrous ideas, and in this case, my hands clap for the success of this troll at doing just that. He must be laughing all the way to the next pub, I suppose. He even had me for awhile, but I was able to get away. After a trolling fisherman gets no bite, he goes home.

I disagree...in that, if I hadn't challenged him on that "Holocaust Revisionism" nonsense, we likely would have taken much longer to figure out that he was some kind of Neo-Nazi. That's actually one of their general tactics, which I have seen on other boards. They talk about general concepts on a board, then leak little bits of stuff about the Holocaust here and there, trying to get people interested in talking with them about it.

First, it starts with, "The Holocaust was real...only the 6 million figure it wrong, and it was much lower..." Then, they start saying that the majority of people who died in the concentration camps were due to illness or natural causes. Then, they blame any further deaths on the part of "rogues" and say it's just part of "war." But the end result, is to eventually make you think, "Well...maybe those Nazis weren't so bad after all..."

Personally, I'm glad he finally admitted he was a racist, and started throwing racial insults around and what-not. I prefer to be able to identify the Nazis...rather than have them lurking around steering conversations towards their agendas.

Eastern Mind
13 February 2011, 03:57 PM
I disagree...in that, if I hadn't challenged him on that "Holocaust Revisionism" nonsense, we likely would have taken much longer to figure out that he was some kind of Neo-Nazi.

Vannakkam Bryon: And I agree. But its the continuation after that I'm suggesting. It was right about then or slightly before that I disappeared from the discussion. Most of us know that that type of ignorance is still alive and well on the planet. Perhaps someone's karma here needed a reminder. In one way, it was good that he wasn't very cloaked about it. Its the real sneaky guys with the hidden agendas I worry about.

But I'm with you. If you suspect something sneaky or dubious, a direct confrontation usually brings it out. All in all, I'm proud of the harmony (in the disdain) it brought out of all of us old regulars.

Aum Namasivaya

Ramakrishna
13 February 2011, 03:59 PM
Thank you satayji!

I agree with Bryon, this guy was being very sneaky and sly about what he was doing. He slowly eased his views in one little bit at a time, and he got me to bite initially by engaging with him on that "Holocaust Revisionism" nonsense. If I had known all along his true views and intentions, I wouldn't have responded to anything. But he was very sly about it initially, before everything became blatantly obvious then I didn't bother to respond.

I pray he realizes the truth and brilliance of Sanatana Dharma soon enough.

Jai Sri Ram

Sahasranama
13 February 2011, 04:17 PM
I am just relieved that he is gone. :)

Arjuni
13 February 2011, 08:53 PM
Bryon, hahaha on the font sizes! If only making information VERY LARGE made it somehow MORE CORRECT. I could practically hear him shrieking in apoplectic rage.

Satay, are you sure it was Prozac? He seemed more the cocaine type, both for the twitchy hysterical qualities and because it's a WHITE powder.

Okay, enough sarcastic glee from me...but while I too am grateful to have him gone, I wanted to get in one final question before he left, because this is a point I've never understood.

The few white supremacists I've run across in the past - and growing up in the American South I unfortunately am able to put a plural -s on that - are so adamant about ARGH TEH RACE R IMPORTUNT AND MUST BE PYOOR, but...how exactly do they propose that we, the forum readers and writers, should go about accomplishing this? There was no suggestion for a practical program of action that the average message board denizen here could follow. Tsk tsk.

Let's suppose that we'd all been convinced by his "brilliant" arguments. Then what? Do we enter bedrooms and forcibly separate coupling folks of different skin colours? Rally for "relationship screening" at airports via TSA pale-detection technology? Pass out the pigmentary version of Chick Tracts on buses? And then give up every single technological advance and philosophical ideal that's come from a non-white person, out of solidarity with the great spirit of Caucasia?

Heck, if I had the power to dictate who was attracted to whom in this world, my bedroom would be a far more interesting place. Alas, I do not. :P

Oh, and whoever posted the link to the "You fail" YouTube video earlier, thanks for the lulz; I hadn't seen that one yet. :D

Indraneela
===
Oṁ Indrāya Namaḥ.
Oṁ Namaḥ Śivāya.

Believer
13 February 2011, 10:58 PM
All I know is that I spent 2 hours writing the history of this Swami's antics in the room to save it for posterity and that precious post is gone!:p
Future generations will never know that we were visited by a highly developed soul on March 11 2011!!

bp789
13 February 2011, 11:17 PM
All I know is that I spent 2 hours writing the history of this Swami's antics in the room to save it for posterity and that precious post is gone!:p
Future generations will never know that we were visited by a highly developed soul on March 11 2011!!

Um...do you mean February? :D

Believer
14 February 2011, 12:10 AM
Um...do you mean February? :D

Oooops, I am trying to rush time! Yes I meant Feb 11 2011. :)

satay
14 February 2011, 09:49 AM
namaste,

If you have a post that you would like me to recover, please send me a note letting me know which thread it was on. I might be able to recover it and post it elsewhere. I did the same with the Bryon's post on history on the savitri thread.