PDA

View Full Version : Understanding Islam

Believer
14 February 2011, 04:40 PM
Army Lt. Colonel Allen West is one of the new members of the US congress, elected last year. Follow the link below about this Iraq war veteran's assessment of Islam:

http://secure.afa.net/afa/activism/takeaction.asp?id=384

Sahasranama
14 February 2011, 04:52 PM
Yes, very good, but he probably will not admit that the Bible is also a fundamentalist book against non believers.

TheOne
14 February 2011, 06:52 PM
If you want to understand religious Islam, read the Qur'an. If you want to understand political Islam read Shariah Law and the Hadiths attributed to Muhammad. Nowadays its hard to distinguish the two, but believe me there are some Muslims(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qur%27an_alone). The thing I find amusing is how the "fundamentalists" main inspiration for their "jihad" is things that aren't even in their holy book.

Rationalist
14 February 2011, 09:21 PM
If you want to understand religious Islam, read the Qur'an. If you want to understand political Islam read Shariah Law and the Hadiths attributed to Muhammad. Nowadays its hard to distinguish the two, but believe me there are some Muslims(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qur%27an_alone). The thing I find amusing is how the "fundamentalists" main inspiration for their "jihad" is things that aren't even in their holy book.

Oh no, its in their "holy" book. Verses on killing and pillaging infidels abound in the Quran for any unglazed eyes to see.

The same applies to Pisstianity.

Ramakrishna
15 February 2011, 02:43 AM
Namaste,

Yes, very good, but he probably will not admit that the Bible is also a fundamentalist book against non believers.

Exactly, Col. West, a Christian, likely won't admit that he is perverting his religion by not stoning gays or killing people who work on Sunday.

Jai Sri Ram

devotee
15 February 2011, 03:16 AM
Actually I tried hard to find something really holy in Q'uran and I failed ! It is a simple nonsense written (spoken) by a war-monger using unfounded threat of God to instil unreasonable fear into the hearts of his people & make them believe that if they die for whatever rubbish he says, they would get plenty of sex with sufficient food and water and wine and in a imaginary world called "heaven" !

OM

Rationalist
15 February 2011, 05:53 PM
Understanding Islam. :Roll:

rainycity
16 February 2011, 03:12 AM
Namaste,

Exactly, Col. West, a Christian, likely won't admit that he is perverting his religion by not stoning gays or killing people who work on Sunday.

Jai Sri Ram

That isn't part of the Christian religion, those are ancient tribal laws recorded in the old testament.

sm78
16 February 2011, 03:55 AM
That isn't part of the Christian religion, those are ancient tribal laws recorded in the old testament.

Isin't the old testament word of the Christian God?? So you are saying they are actually the word of some unknown tribals?

Rationalist
16 February 2011, 08:23 PM
[QUOTE=rainycity;58610]That isn't part of the Christian religion, those are ancient tribal laws recorded in the old testament.[/quote[

And it is a part of Christianity. The general intolerance and scorn for other traditions and religions also appears throughout the New Testament in the form of arrogant verses like "I am the one...blah blah" thought admittedly in a less offensive and obvious way.

Of course, if you are willing to go against the commonly held fact that the entire Bible is the "Word of God" and risk being deemed a heretic, then be my guest. I personally love watching Christian hypocrites squirm.

Ramakrishna
16 February 2011, 09:46 PM

Namaste Rainycity,

It most definitely is part of the Christian religion. As sm78 says, the Old Testament is the word of the Christian God. The God who gave those orders in the Old Testament is the same exact God that Christians worship. It is the "Father" in the trinity, or Yahweh.

Jai Sri Ram

mohanty
17 February 2011, 12:23 AM
Namaste Rainycity,

It most definitely is part of the Christian religion. As sm78 says, the Old Testament is the word of the Christian God. The God who gave those orders in the Old Testament is the same exact God that Christians worship. It is the "Father" in the trinity, or Yahweh.

Jai Sri Ram

...and the father of Jesus Christ.