PDA

View Full Version : Something odd going on in the third millennium bce

Sean
17 February 2011, 08:13 AM
So there's the development of farming and the rise of the Egyptians, Mesopotamians and the Indus valley. But all of these are drenched in mystery- the pyramids are some of the top most peculiar things in the world, the Middle East is the strange focus of attention it's always been, and the Indus valley has its fascinating questions of language and how the Vedas and Hinduism fit in. There are arguments that they were each echoes of more distant enlighened times, and though I've no particular view on this my experience of visiting some of these sites I think confirms that there was something odd going on then...

TheOne
17 February 2011, 04:15 PM
I agree, there are many things which the Aryans(noble ones) of the past had accomplished in the yuga's previous to ours. Although I believe our yuga has the most "technological" accomplishments the previous had many architectural and astronomical achievments that surpass even ours!

Adhvagat
17 February 2011, 06:22 PM
A good article regarding this subject:

http://www.hitxp.com/articles/veda/vedic-ancient-science-modern-technology-mathematics-geometry/

Sean
17 February 2011, 09:50 PM
Thanks.

Rationalist
26 February 2011, 04:38 PM
More like the 4th millennium B.C.E.

Besides, it is acknowledged that these civilizations were all interrelated. IVC had contact with Mesopotamia which both had contact with Egypt. Analysis of IVC script shows that it is VERY similar to Hieroglyphics.

Yes, something very strange was going on...

Sean
26 February 2011, 07:51 PM
Thanks Rationalist. I wish I knew more, and the standard academic views are often as unconvincing as they are prosaic and passionless.

Rationalist
27 February 2011, 09:43 AM
Thanks Rationalist. I wish I knew more, and the standard academic views are often as unconvincing as they are prosaic and passionless.

Yeah, I took AP World History in High school. Got a 5 on the exam. :D

TTCUSM
07 August 2011, 02:43 PM
Namaste Sean,

The Indus Valley Civilization is actually a continuation of the settlements at Mehrgarh (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mehrgarh), which have been dated to about 7000 BC. Therefore, it is inaccurate to state that Indian civilization began in the 4th millennium.

kallol
13 August 2011, 12:05 AM
Indus valley is not the starting of Indian civilization. It is the starting of the official knowledge of Indian History.

There are Gulf of Cambay discovery going back to 13000 BC which is as of now known unofficial Saraswati civilization.

Peninsular India holds much beyond that. But still to be discovered.

Love and best wishes

Eastern Mind
13 August 2011, 06:36 AM
Vannakkam: Could we please all not try to continue threads to banned people. Thanks. They can't respond, and the banning was for a valid reason.

Aum Namasivaya

kallol
13 August 2011, 11:44 AM
Sorry.

Can the thread be closed ?

Request Moderator (Satay, Yajvan, EM)

Love and best wishes

Adhvagat
13 August 2011, 11:18 PM
Vannakkam: Could we please all not try to continue threads to banned people. Thanks. They can't respond, and the banning was for a valid reason.

Aum Namasivaya

I disagree, closing thread is an arbitrary decision that could potentially stop future fruitful discussions.

The banned creator can't respond, but every other people on the internet can and people could b ring valid points of view.

charitra
13 August 2011, 11:26 PM
Agree. No need to erase any thread, unless the post contravenes the forum policy.

I disagree, closing thread is an arbitrary decision that could potentially stop future fruitful discussions.

The banned creator can't respond, but every other people on the internet can and people could b ring valid points of view.