PDA

View Full Version : praying to lord krishna

eshwaar
19 February 2011, 12:50 PM
i was told by some random astrologer that i shouldnt be praying to lord krishna. he said that the reason im going through a hard time in life is because i pray to lord krishna. he said that im disturbing lord krishna by praying to him. if thats the case then why did lord krishna say say that i should pray to him in the gita. the reason that i pray to him is cause i had alot of question about spirituality, life and so on. when i read the gita all the question i had were answered for the first time. which led me to belive at how special and powerful the gita really is. unfortunatly i have had people come into my life and try to change my opinion on this. can anyone here help clear this up for me.

Eastern Mind
19 February 2011, 02:15 PM
Vannakkam eshwaar;

Without knowing your specifics, I think its time you looked for a new astrologer. Rarely, if ever have I heard of a religious person asking someone else NOT to pray. I'm sure Krishna is beyond you hurting him somehow.

Best wishes.

Aum Namasivaya

Adhvagat
19 February 2011, 02:19 PM
I'm sorry, but you're just throwing hearsay around.

- Who's this astrologer?
- What are his spiritual practices?
- I'm sure he had a reason to say that, but the way you present in an oversimplified fashion.

And I'm not sure what person with spiritual knowledge would say that in their right mind.

PS: EM beated me to it being clearer and more succinct.

eshwaar
19 February 2011, 02:25 PM
Vannakkam eshwaar;

Without knowing your specifics, I think its time you looked for a new astrologer. Rarely, if ever have I heard of a religious person asking someone else NOT to pray. I'm sure Krishna is beyond you hurting him somehow.

Best wishes.

Aum Namasivaya
i dont know who he is really. he was a customer from where i worked and he told me that by praying to lord krishna i was disturbing him and that is why i am going through difficulties in my life

I'm sorry, but you're just throwing hearsay around.

- Who's this astrologer?
- I'm sure he had a reason to say that, but the way you present in an oversimplified fashion.

And I'm not sure what person with spiritual knowledge would say that in their right mind.

PS: EM beated me to it being clearer and more succinct.im not throwing hearsay around im simply telling you what he told me. i dont really know who this person is he just came into my life, and why he told me these things which dosent make sense to me.

sunyata07
19 February 2011, 03:27 PM
Namaste,

- Who's this astrologer?

Pietro is asking some valid questions. Maybe you could provide us with some more detail? Where did you meet this astrologer? Did you ask for a consultation, or did he just venture this information to you without properly consulting your birth chart? His advice that you should stop praying to Krishna because you are "disturbing Him" seems highly unusual. If these words make no sense to you, this is probably for a good reason.

Om namah Shivaya

Sahasranama
19 February 2011, 03:54 PM
Did he take your birth details and make elaborate calculations and took the time to interpretate the results? Was it even a Hindu astrologer? Maybe you should get a second opinion. ;)

eshwaar
19 February 2011, 03:59 PM
Namaste,

Pietro is asking some valid questions. Maybe you could provide us with some more detail? Where did you meet this astrologer? Did you ask for a consultation, or did he just venture this information to you without properly consulting your birth chart? His advice that you should stop praying to Krishna because you are "disturbing Him" seems highly unusual. If these words make no sense to you, this is probably for a good reason.

Om namah Shivaya
- Who's this astrologer? i dont know who he is he just came up to me and started telling me that because i pray only to lord krishna that i am disturbing him, and because of this lord krishna is making my life difficult. he saod that i should be praying to the demigods instead.
- What are his spiritual practices? i really dont know. i just know he is tamil. i only knew him a short while, really he was a costumer at a shop i worked at, and he just started telling me these things. i didnt keep in touch with him, for the simple reason that all what he said didnt make sense at all, if i shouldnt be praying to lord krishna that why did he say that i should be praying to him in the gita.

eshwaar
19 February 2011, 04:01 PM
Did he take your birth details and make elaborate calculations and took the time to interpretate the results? Was it even a Hindu astrologer? Maybe you should get a second opinion. ;)
i didnt even know he was an astrologer, he just started telling me all kinds of stuff about me.

sunyata07
19 February 2011, 04:22 PM
i didnt even know he was an astrologer, he just started telling me all kinds of stuff about me.

Namaste,

I am still a little confused on your answers. Was anything he said about you accurate? Why are you so concerned by what this man said? For all you know, he could have been bluffing. Who is to say he is an astrologer? Did he tell you so himself?

Om namah Shivaya

eshwaar
19 February 2011, 04:34 PM
Namaste,

I am still a little confused on your answers. Was anything he said about you accurate? Why are you so concerned by what this man said? For all you know, he could have been bluffing. Who is to say he is an astrologer? Did he tell you so himself?

Om namah Shivaya
he did say some stuff that were accurate. but he did not have any of my birth details. i am just concerned cause why would some say somthing like that in the first place. he told me he was an astrologer, i think he was trying to convince me that i could learn astrology, he even brought his son in an showed that how he taught his son how to do it. i dont know. i just want to know why would anyone say somthing like that.

Sahasranama
19 February 2011, 04:48 PM
I don't think he is an astrologer if he did not take your birth details to make elaborate calculations and take the time to interpret them. It's more likely that you met someone who escaped from the madhouse.

smaranam
19 February 2011, 06:04 PM
i was told by some random astrologer that i shouldnt be praying to lord krishna. he said that the reason im going through a hard time in life is because i pray to lord krishna. he said that im disturbing lord krishna by praying to him. if thats the case then why did lord krishna say say that i should pray to him in the gita. the reason that i pray to him is cause i had alot of question about spirituality, life and so on. when i read the gita all the question i had were answered for the first time. which led me to belive at how special and powerful the gita really is. unfortunatly i have had people come into my life and try to change my opinion on this. can anyone here help clear this up for me.

Namaste

KRshNa is not easy. Are you ready for KRshNa ? If yes, the astrologer and other people should not be able to deviate you from Him.

Please remember that KRshNa is your suRhd - dearmost friend, "your" as in the soul's friend. Ultimate friend. He knows what is good for you better than you do, but gives you plenty of free will as love cannot be forced.

Have you been speaking to KRshNa telling Him you are surrendered etc. ? Then it is possible that He is testing you OR helping you burn out your past karma.
Is your devotion to Nandanandan stable despite the storms in your life ? Things "taken away" from you ?

It is one thing to read the Gita and KRshNa's description of a Bhrahma Bhuta : equipoised in heat - cold, honor - dishonor, fame infamy ...
and another to apply it.

Are you detached from worldly things, relations, and at the same time try to be a friend of all beings ? (Hitachintak)

KRshNa may be doing you a favor by taking your attachments away. Detachment from the world and attachment to KRshNa go hand in hand and is the ultimate goal of life.

Do you want to be with KRshNa or stay in the material world ? We have to be honest.

If your nishthhaa and shraddhaa (faith) are strong, no-one can take you away from the path to KRshNa.

On the other hand, if you are not ready for your karmic reactions in life, KRshNa will let you stay in mAyA. I do not suppose you want that, but that is a solution too - just say to KRshNa that you want to stay comfortably in this world, and ask Him for wealth, relations, comfort, success, He will give it to you. Your kArmic burden will remain and you will stay in the warm and cosy world . No need to pray to other DevatAs - but it is your choice.

Govindam Adi Purusham Tam aham bhajAmi
Hare KRshNa

smaranam
19 February 2011, 10:02 PM
Namaste Eshwar ji

I apologize if that last post sounded abrupt and my message was not clear or strange. I was in a hurry when i wrote it. I have edited it now, and this is what i wanted to say:

No one can deviate a devotee from walking towards KRshNa provided the devotion and faith are strong. The astrologer did not mean harm but was trying to "protect" you in a worldly way OR he had some ulterior motive of selling some system to you. Take it as yet another test of faith.

Hare KRshNa

Sahasranama
20 February 2011, 03:53 AM
What I don't get is that this astrologer basically went to this person and said "You are stalking Krishna, stop doing that."

sunyata07
20 February 2011, 05:05 AM
Yes, and that he asked him to worship "demigods" instead. I wonder about this man's background and motives. Was he Hindu himself? What could have induced him to say such a strange thing?

Om namah Shivaya

devotee
20 February 2011, 07:36 AM
Namaste Eeshwar,

You are unnecessarily worried. If I would have been in your place ... I would have politely told the "astrologer" to mind his own business. :)

Believe me, he is just a fraud. As far as telling something of your past is concerned ... this is how some people do it to trap people. A true astrologer can never say what he said. He must be a worshipper of some demonic powers. If he has given you some really inside details which is normally not known to others, he may have some low spirit in his command & through him he can get information about you of what happened in the past. Has he given you something to worship or take extra care of ? If yes, get rid of that "thing" at some Hanuman temple. That "thing" can create all sorts of troubles for you & the troubles would disappear dramatically when that "astrologer" visits & does "something" for you.

Nearly twenty years back, once a tantrik came into my house. I offered him something to eat & then he started telling a lot of things about me and my family members. I was impressed. After this chit chat, he said that my wife had some difficult time & she might have to suffer fatally if something was not done immediately. He also said that there was something wrong in my stars which was stopping me from gaining great heights in my career. He asked me to do some special "Pooja" etc. by some good tantrik. The indication was that I should request him to do that for me. He said that the cost would be nearly Rs. 500/- or like that which was not a big some for me though it was not so small too, nearly twenty years back. I thanked him for all those information and handed him Rs. 101/- & said that he should not worry for me as I had full faith in God & He wanted me or my wife to suffer ... so be it ... but I didn't want to get into anything like this. By God's grace, barring a few exceptions, my wife is having a good healthy life till today & I got fully satisfying success in my career without doing anything like what he offered.

My advice is :

Leave everything to God. Be ready to face anything if it comes on the way to God. Please don't stop praying to Krishna ... it can't be auspicious.

OM

PARAM
21 February 2011, 08:58 AM
he did say some stuff that were accurate. but he did not have any of my birth details. i am just concerned cause why would some say somthing like that in the first place. he told me he was an astrologer, i think he was trying to convince me that i could learn astrology, he even brought his son in an showed that how he taught his son how to do it. i dont know. i just want to know why would anyone say somthing like that.

If he come to you again then ask him, no Hindu will say to stop praying Krishna.

Yajvan is Astrologer here, and he too will have no idea why should anybody stop praying Sri Krishan

eshwaar
21 February 2011, 09:38 PM
Namaste

KRshNa is not easy. Are you ready for KRshNa ? If yes, the astrologer and other people should not be able to deviate you from Him.

Please remember that KRshNa is your suRhd - dearmost friend, "your" as in the soul's friend. Ultimate friend. He knows what is good for you better than you do, but gives you plenty of free will as love cannot be forced.

Have you been speaking to KRshNa telling Him you are surrendered etc. ? Then it is possible that He is testing you OR helping you burn out your past karma.
Is your devotion to Nandanandan stable despite the storms in your life ? Things "taken away" from you ?

It is one thing to read the Gita and KRshNa's description of a Bhrahma Bhuta : equipoised in heat - cold, honor - dishonor, fame infamy ...
and another to apply it.

Are you detached from worldly things, relations, and at the same time try to be a friend of all beings ? (Hitachintak)

KRshNa may be doing you a favor by taking your attachments away. Detachment from the world and attachment to KRshNa go hand in hand and is the ultimate goal of life.

Do you want to be with KRshNa or stay in the material world ? We have to be honest.

If your nishthhaa and shraddhaa (faith) are strong, no-one can take you away from the path to KRshNa.

On the other hand, if you are not ready for your karmic reactions in life, KRshNa will let you stay in mAyA. I do not suppose you want that, but that is a solution too - just say to KRshNa that you want to stay comfortably in this world, and ask Him for wealth, relations, comfort, success, He will give it to you. Your kArmic burden will remain and you will stay in the warm and cosy world . No need to pray to other DevatAs - but it is your choice.

Govindam Adi Purusham Tam aham bhajAmi
Hare KRshNa
but what if i want to have all the material benifits of this world and yet still be close to sri krsna? kinda messed up if you ask me.

Namaste Eshwar ji

I apologize if that last post sounded abrupt and my message was not clear or strange. I was in a hurry when i wrote it. I have edited it now, and this is what i wanted to say:

No one can deviate a devotee from walking towards KRshNa provided the devotion and faith are strong. The astrologer did not mean harm but was trying to "protect" you in a worldly way OR he had some ulterior motive of selling some system to you. Take it as yet another test of faith.

Hare KRshNa

What I don't get is that this astrologer basically went to this person and said "You are stalking Krishna, stop doing that." i dont know i think he was a crook. i have a tendancey to draw crooks into my life.

Yes, and that he asked him to worship "demigods" instead. I wonder about this man's background and motives. Was he Hindu himself? What could have induced him to say such a strange thing?

Om namah Shivaya i have no idea

Namaste Eeshwar,

You are unnecessarily worried. If I would have been in your place ... I would have politely told the "astrologer" to mind his own business. :)

Believe me, he is just a fraud. As far as telling something of your past is concerned ... this is how some people do it to trap people. A true astrologer can never say what he said. He must be a worshipper of some demonic powers. If he has given you some really inside details which is normally not known to others, he may have some low spirit in his command & through him he can get information about you of what happened in the past. Has he given you something to worship or take extra care of ? If yes, get rid of that "thing" at some Hanuman temple. That "thing" can create all sorts of troubles for you & the troubles would disappear dramatically when that "astrologer" visits & does "something" for you.

Nearly twenty years back, once a tantrik came into my house. I offered him something to eat & then he started telling a lot of things about me and my family members. I was impressed. After this chit chat, he said that my wife had some difficult time & she might have to suffer fatally if something was not done immediately. He also said that there was something wrong in my stars which was stopping me from gaining great heights in my career. He asked me to do some special "Pooja" etc. by some good tantrik. The indication was that I should request him to do that for me. He said that the cost would be nearly Rs. 500/- or like that which was not a big some for me though it was not so small too, nearly twenty years back. I thanked him for all those information and handed him Rs. 101/- & said that he should not worry for me as I had full faith in God & He wanted me or my wife to suffer ... so be it ... but I didn't want to get into anything like this. By God's grace, barring a few exceptions, my wife is having a good healthy life till today & I got fully satisfying success in my career without doing anything like what he offered.

My advice is :

Leave everything to God. Be ready to face anything if it comes on the way to God. Please don't stop praying to Krishna ... it can't be auspicious.

OM i saw another pundit and he wanted me to do all kinds of pooja and brought some black lady called the mother to draw out the spirit from me. whatever that meant. and guess what he wanted $2000 from me. the weird part was after the meeting he keep on looking for me, that when i comformed it that he was a crook looking for money.

If he come to you again then ask him, no Hindu will say to stop praying Krishna.

Yajvan is Astrologer here, and he too will have no idea why should anybody stop praying Sri Krishan that the weird part i cant understsand why would someone say something like that. that the first ive heard someone say dont pray to sri krsna. im not worried i just want answers thats all.

smaranam
22 February 2011, 11:54 AM
but what if i want to have all the material benifits of this world and yet still be close to sri krsna?

KRushNa loves you anyway :)

Just live in the bliss of His Leelas with you, sing His glories (for your own happiness), and don't be too attached to the material. Take one step towards Him, He will take N towards you.

KRushNa is bhakta-vatsal, He runs to the rescue of His devotees just as He saved Maharaj Parikshit in UttarA's womb. That is why devotees care less - come what may.

He Gopal Radha Krishna Govind Govind (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfIHYAxxToI&NR=1)

JanmAshtami special: hAthi ghodA pAlkhi jai kanhaiyA lAl ki (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p35_PLOy7Hg)

Jay rAdhA-mAdhav kunjabihAri
gopijana-vallabha girivardhAri
yashonandana brajajanaranjana
yamunAteera vanachAri

that the weird part i cant understsand why would someone say something like that. that the first ive heard someone say dont pray to sri krsna.
He was afraid that KRshNa will protect your intelligence and you will see through: either the scam if there was one OR the futility of his recommended ways (of some specific pujas and praying to other devtas).

BG 10.7: One who is factually convinced of this opulence and mystic power of Mine engages in unalloyed devotional service; of this there is no doubt.

BG 10.8: I am the source of all spiritual and material worlds. Everything emanates from Me. The wise who perfectly know this engage in My devotional service and worship Me with all their hearts.

BG 10.9: The thoughts of My pure devotees dwell in Me, their lives are fully devoted to My service, and they derive great satisfaction and bliss from always enlightening one another and conversing about Me.

BG 10.10: To those who are constantly devoted to serving Me with love, I give the understanding by which they can come to Me.

BG 10.11: To show them special mercy, I, dwelling in their hearts, destroy with the shining lamp of knowledge the darkness born of ignorance.

Hare Krishna Hare Rama
23 February 2011, 04:01 AM
Namaste.

I'm new to Sanatana Dharma, so I can't provide in-depth advice, but this astrologer's statement seems quite unusual to me. Lord Krishna is pure love and is always pleased with our prayers. I would simply let it go and continue to pray to Lord Krishna with an unfettered heart.

Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya.

eshwaar
24 February 2011, 11:03 PM
KRushNa loves you anyway :)

Just live in the bliss of His Leelas with you, sing His glories (for your own happiness), and don't be too attached to the material. Take one step towards Him, He will take N towards you.

KRushNa is bhakta-vatsal, He runs to the rescue of His devotees just as He saved Maharaj Parikshit in UttarA's womb. That is why devotees care less - come what may.

He Gopal Radha Krishna Govind Govind (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfIHYAxxToI&NR=1)

JanmAshtami special: hAthi ghodA pAlkhi jai kanhaiyA lAl ki (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p35_PLOy7Hg)

Jay rAdhA-mAdhav kunjabihAri
gopijana-vallabha girivardhAri
yashonandana brajajanaranjana
yamunAteera vanachAri

He was afraid that KRshNa will protect your intelligence and you will see through: either the scam if there was one OR the futility of his recommended ways (of some specific pujas and praying to other devtas).

BG 10.7: One who is factually convinced of this opulence and mystic power of Mine engages in unalloyed devotional service; of this there is no doubt.

BG 10.8: I am the source of all spiritual and material worlds. Everything emanates from Me. The wise who perfectly know this engage in My devotional service and worship Me with all their hearts.

BG 10.9: The thoughts of My pure devotees dwell in Me, their lives are fully devoted to My service, and they derive great satisfaction and bliss from always enlightening one another and conversing about Me.

BG 10.10: To those who are constantly devoted to serving Me with love, I give the understanding by which they can come to Me.

BG 10.11: To show them special mercy, I, dwelling in their hearts, destroy with the shining lamp of knowledge the darkness born of ignorance.

the weird part is i have had alot of people try to convince me of this and im sure in the future that there will be many more to come.

smaranam
25 February 2011, 12:27 PM
- Who's this astrologer? i dont know who he is he just came up to me and started telling me that because i pray only to lord krishna that i am disturbing him, and because of this lord krishna is making my life difficult. he saod that i should be praying to the demigods instead.
- What are his spiritual practices? i really dont know. i just know he is tamil. i only knew him a short while, really he was a costumer at a shop i worked at, and he just started telling me these things. i didnt keep in touch with him, for the simple reason that all what he said didnt make sense at all, if i shouldnt be praying to lord krishna that why did he say that i should be praying to him in the gita.

Namaste

There are two kinds of people or beliefs mostly:
1. Pray to the devtas that help you prosper in the material world. Follow dharma, but ask/wish for material well-being. Keep the family deity (KuladevatA - one of the many forms of Devi) and Lord GaNesh happy. Perform SatyanArAyaN puja for success. Worship HanumAn to remove obstacles. This is very common among householders (which makes 90% of the population).

Nothing wrong with this. These are good people, mean no harm to anyone, but they do not perform "devotional service" to KRshNa. KRshNa may be on their altar, but that's about it. Their connection with God is mainly of success in the material world and gratitude for that.

Dharma - artha - kAma - moksha. 4 purushArthas.

2. Those who actually follow Bhagavad Gita seriously are putting their life in the hands of BhagavAn, Shri KRshNa. They serve and love KRshNa. The process of detachment from the world has to start somewhere, otherwise one will remain in this world, taking births and experiencing kArmic reactions, thinking they are this body, thus staying away from Shri KRshNa.

KRshNa says people who worship the devtAs obtain fruits that are sanctioned by Me alone, but these are temporary, transient, moreover their worship is avidhipUrvakam as they do not know the true nature - swaroop , of the Supreme.

So, if the astrologer could read your face and tell you have had a hard life, he was looking at it from his perspective: "This is happening because this person does not worship devta X, Y and Z." He knows that as long as you take the Gita seriously, you will not hold onto any anchors other than the Lord Himself.
When KRshNa sees that one is dependant on Him alone, He feels the seperation from the bhakta, and wants to bring him closer. But when people see karma at work they say "KRshNa is doing this." That is the psychology. However, to go to KRshNa, our karmabase-quiver of action-arrows has to be empty so that we cannot pull a single arrow anymore to shoot and thus add to our kArmic debt.

Even if hypothetically someone who prays to KRshNa is a dormant ShishupAl or KauMs, KRshNa anhiliates them and dilivers them. It is saubhAgya, fortune, to die at His hands.

yadā yadā hi dharmasya glānir bhavati bhārata
abhyutthānam adharmasya tadātmānaḿ sṛjāmy aham BG 4.7
Whenever and wherever there is a decline in religious practice, O descendant of Bharata, and a predominant rise of irreligion — at that time I descend Myself.
paritrāṇāya sādhūnāḿ vināśāya ca duṣkṛtām
dharma-saḿsthāpanārthāya sambhavāmi yuge yuge BG4.8
To deliver the pious and to annihilate the miscreants, as well as to reestablish the principles of religion, I Myself appear, millennium after millennium.

So in today's world, the asurs, ShishupAls and KauMs are within us, not necessarily outside. KRshNa brings out the saint in us and destroys the demons in us.

You should hear suktas from the Vedas. They first praise and praise the devtA being worshiped. Then the shlokas actually demand things.

KRshNa says to Arjuna: do not get swayed by the flowery verses in the karma kAnda of the vedas.

If you think these astrologers will keep coming to you (remember, they do it for a living) and try to convince you, it is your turn now - to be strong. Strong means increasing faith. Starting with nishthaa shraddhaa ruchi ......

Another point: Have you read Garud PurAN ? It talks about ghosts and spirits too. If some of these people are telling you there are ghosts doing things, that may be, but guess what is the most auspicious thing that wards off spirits ? HarinAm. The Holy Names. and VishNu prasAd or eating Hari prasAd and practicing devotion to Hari. Moreover, KRshNa Himself. If we take shelter of Him, what ghost and spirit can stand a chance ?

Story: Once, ISKCON required space and decided upon a building. Disciples told Shrila PrabhupAd that the building is known to be haunted. Shrila PrabhupAd took his japa mala and said "Let me check." He walked through each room chanting the mahAmantra loudly. Then he came out into the yard and said there is no need to worry, that they may proceed with this building.

Hare KRshNa Hare KRshNa KRshNa KrshNA Hare Hare
Hare RAm Hare RAm RAm RAm Hare Hare

PatrickMB
17 April 2011, 09:37 AM
I hope this isn't off topic....When I pray to Lord Krishna, I envision both Krishna and Sri Radha in my mind. Is this proper? I have read internet sources that refer to God as Lord Radha-Krishna. Is this correct?

Ramakrishna
18 April 2011, 03:43 AM
I hope this isn't off topic....When I pray to Lord Krishna, I envision both Krishna and Sri Radha in my mind. Is this proper? I have read internet sources that refer to God as Lord Radha-Krishna. Is this correct?

Namaste Patrick,

Certainly, that is very common. Sri Krishna can be worshipped by Himself, Sri Radha can be worshipped by Herself, of both can be worshipped together as Radha-Krishna. It's whatever your comfortable with, really.

Jai Sri Ram

smaranam
18 April 2011, 06:05 AM

Sri Krishna can be worshipped by Himself, Sri Radha can be worshipped by Herself, of both can be worshipped together as Radha-Krishna. It's whatever your comfortable with, really.

Jai Sri Ram

Namaste,

Well wouldn't exactly put it that way. Radha is not worshipped by Herself. It appears that way when bhaktas are deeply engrossed in a very specialized ras but it is really bhajan of KrushNa.

RAdhA is the internal pleasure potency, hlAdini shakti, of Shri KrushNa. Service, attention and love for RAdhA pleases Shri KrushNa.

Gaudiya VaishNav view of Radha-KrushNa : http://www.krishna.com/god-male-female-or-both

VaishNavs, especially Gaudiya VaishNavs and followers of Nimbarka sampraday say, "The way to Shri KrushNa is through RAdhA." She will recommend you as a good devotee to Him and He cannot refuse to acknowledge.
"RAdhe RAdhe japo chale ayenge BihAri" - chant RAdhA's names and find KrushNa walk up to the place where that sound is coming from. He is attracted to Her names.
"Bin RAdhe na mile BanwAri" - a bhakta's sentiment that you cannot be in KrushN's good books without gaining favor of RAdhA.

However, Shri KrushNa is the ultimate BhagavAn, who is also worshipped by Himself as Yogeshwar KrushNa, BAl KrushNa (baby), Shri nAthJi, DAmodar (but also as Radha-Damodar), Shri DwArkAdheesh, Murlidhar Shri KrushNa by Himself. Particularly, the Rudra sampradAy i.e. Shri VallabhAcharya's Pushti MArg followers worship Shri KrushNa swaroop (form) alone, without the archa vigraha (Deity form) of His shaktis.

Shri VaishNavs (followers of Ramanujacharya) worship Lakshmi-NArAyaN or RukmiNi-DwArkAdheesh.

Shri Vyankateshwar (a form of Lord VishNu) is worshipped alone as well as with His consorts Shri Devi (Lakshmi) and Bhu Devi - Mother Earth (and sometimes Nila Devi).

Let us hope that the much knowledgable VaishNavs here will add to this or give a better perspective. In the meanwhile, please read this: Most Popular Deity Forms (http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showpost.php?p=44014&postcount=1)

praNAm

Jai Jagadhish Jai Jagadhish Jay Jagadheesha Hare ~

PatrickMB
19 April 2011, 09:27 AM
Thank you both for your replies and input. I have so much to learn! That is the main reason I joined this community.

I hope I do not offend anyone, but Radha sounds a little like Mary in the Catholic tradition. Catholics do not worship her, but Lord Jesus will not resist any prayers offered in her name. If I am mistaken, please attribute my error to intelletual ignorance, not to any bad motive.

thank you,

Patrick

Sahasranama
19 April 2011, 11:17 AM
Radha is worshipped most often together with Krishna. In shakta and nothern vaishnava literature she is known as the highest shakti of Krishna, the hladini shakti (bliss energy). Ultimately there is no difference between Radha and Krishna as is stated in the Brahmavaivarta Purana.

राधामाधवयोर्भेदो न पुराणे श्रुतौ तथा
rādhāmādhavayorbhedo na purāṇe śrutau tathā

This means there is no difference between Radha and Madhava (Krishna), this is from a stotra in the Brahmavaivarta Purana.

Ganeshprasad
19 April 2011, 11:49 AM
Pranam

but Radha sounds a little like Mary in the Catholic tradition. Catholics do not worship her, but Lord Jesus will not resist any prayers offered in her name. If I am mistaken, please attribute my error to intelletual ignorance, not to any bad motive.

thank you,

Patrick

Just to point out the differences Radha is most definitely worshiped, we have a saying Bina Radha Krishna is Adhura, without Radha Krishna is incomplete.
Mary is mother of Jeasus while Srimati Radha is eternal consort of Lord Krishna.

Jai Shree Krishna

smaranam
20 April 2011, 12:51 PM
Mary is mother of Jeasus while Srimati Radha is eternal consort of Lord Krishna.

Jai Shree Krishna

PraNAm Ganeshprasadji,

This is a very common qn coming from Christian bkgnd, logic being if Mary is the Mother of Jesus who is the Son of the Father (Shri KrushNa), then Mary must be Radha ! So what do we tell them ? - "just keep that box aside."

Jai Shri KrushNa

P.S. For a jiva, Radha is in fact the fountainhead of shaktis hence the Divine Mother as well as sakhi

smaranam
20 April 2011, 01:00 PM
Namaste,

When I pray to Lord Krishna, I envision both Krishna and Sri Radha in my mind.

Ultimately there is no difference between Radha and Krishna as is stated in the Brahmavaivarta Purana.

राधामाधवयोर्भेदो न पुराणे श्रुतौ तथा
rādhāmādhavayorbhedo na purāṇe śrutau tathā

This means there is no difference between Radha and Madhava (Krishna), this is from a stotra in the Brahmavaivarta Purana.

Yes, Brahmavaivarta PurAN is the best place for a scriptural quote.

If one stares at KrushNa long enough, what do you see ? That karuNAmayee RAdhA :)

REMINDER: Please don't forget to wear the kAjal-of-Love first (kAjal is similar to mascara) , before doing this exercise.
WARNING: That natkhat NandaKishore ChitChor might trick you into a staring contest instead - please don't fall for it.

Tvam eva mAtA cha pitA tvam eva
tvam eva bandhuscha sakhA tvam eva
tvam eva vidyA draviNam tvam eva
tvam eva sarvam mama deva deva

You alone are my mother, father, sister, friend, and Dearest,
You alone are my knowledge, wealth, sarvasva - Everything,
You are the Ultimate Supreme Lord to me.

I do not need a seperate archa vigraha of Radha,
I see Radha in You,
Ladhe Ladhe ~

anirvan
21 April 2011, 01:35 AM
Namaste,

Yes, Brahmavaivarta PurAN is the best place for a scriptural quote.

If one stares at KrushNa long enough, what do you see ? That karuNAmayee RAdhA :)

REMINDER: Please don't forget to wear the kAjal-of-Love first (kAjal is similar to mascara) , before doing this exercise.
WARNING: That natkhat NandaKishore ChitChor might trick you into a staring contest instead - please don't fall for it.

Tvam eva mAtA cha pitA tvam eva
tvam eva bandhuscha sakhA tvam eva
tvam eva vidyA draviNam tvam eva
tvam eva sarvam mama deva deva

You alone are my mother, father, sister, friend, and Dearest,
You alone are my knowledge, wealth, sarvasva - Everything,
You are the Ultimate Supreme Lord to me.

I do not need a seperate archa vigraha of Radha,
I see Radha in You,
Ladhe Ladhe ~

Pranam Smaranam ji,

when i stare at the bankebihari for long time, usually a strong desire arise from deep bottom of my heart that i should hold him very tightly and kiss his rose coloured cheek and he becomes a small kanha and embrace me tightly too and hiding his face in my chest. wish i would have breast(i became a mother) filled with nectar milk so that i could feed him.and keep him as only my own and never let go to any body. next moment he will be not there. always playng hde and seek and keeping long distance. how can i hold him forever so that my chest will never feel emptiness.:(

smaranam
21 April 2011, 11:38 AM
PraNAm AnirvanJi

when i stare at the bankebihari for long time, usually a strong desire arise from deep bottom of my heart that i should hold him very tightly and kiss his rose coloured cheek and he becomes a small kanha and embrace me tightly too and hiding his face in my chest. wish i would have breast(i became a mother) filled with nectar milk so that i could feed him.and keep him as only my own and never let go to any body. next moment he will be not there. always playng hde and seek and keeping long distance. how can i hold him forever so that my chest will never feel emptiness.:(

:) :) He tricks you each time - hence the WARNING.

Watch out - He climbs out of the crib, but only to crawl straight into your lap - so you need not worry about Him going away, the Divine Baby is here to stay. Don't worry about how *you* can hold Him forever, it is too late for that, because *He* will continue to bind you with His divine baby-charm.

http://people.virginia.edu/~pm9k/1999/yashoda2.jpg
http://www.krishnajanmashtami.com/gifs/leela.jpg
http://galeria-radha-kryszna.nama-hatta.pl/albums/userpics/10002/GOPAL-MAKHAN-CHOR-054.jpg
http://www.elinxs.com/GK/images/ysk.jpg

Jai Shri KrushNa

praNAm

Onkara
21 April 2011, 11:59 AM
PraNAm AnirvanJi

Watch out - He climbs out of the crib, but only to crawl straight into your lap - so you need not worry about Him going away, the Divine Baby is here to stay. Don't worry about how *you* can hold Him forever, it is too late for that, because *He* will continue to bind you with His divine baby-charm.

Jai Shri KrushNa

praNAm

Beautiful perspective, Smaranam-ji, thank you.
Perhaps the sensation of love for the Lord is best viewed as boundless love which flows without end rather than a longing for something missing? If as you say the sensation of need to cling to Him is His trick (and a trick founded on love too!) :)

smaranam
21 April 2011, 03:02 PM
Namaste OnkarJi

I am glad you like the Little One's Lilas, and tend to agree with your summation.

Actually, the "trick" was something else, in the context of post #30 - where the idea was to stare at Him long enough to see Radha - although i never did that intentionally, but something i notice in Him.
Essentially saying that in the process of "trying to see Radha in Him" - which i am not sure it will work if done intentionally - one can simply get lost in Him (by His Mercy which we are calling His trick) and that is exactly what AnirvanJi is reporting.

----

Now, back to your summation of the boundless Love, yes, He binds us with silken threads of Love - being the Lotus Eyed ShyAmsundar - so where is the question of our making efforts to hold Him ?

to be continued...

praNAm

smaranam
21 April 2011, 03:03 PM
... continued from post #34

However [perhaps on another note] , the "recommended" and glorified, is viraha-bhakti , Love in seperation - something that i personally find too eerie and scary -- i may not be mature enough to understand it. Knowing this well i don't think MashusUdan will put me in seperation, but it is upto Him to do what He wants. My survival is in His hands.

Following is an example of the shivers and eeriness of viraha - seperation: (A native folk song of the VrajavAsis - residents of Vraj - VrundAvan - who are reporting rAdhA's status to kAnhA )

are mohan tu AjA re tuze rAdhA bulAti hai
na pAyo re ved terA tuze rAdhA bulAti hai
mehelome dhoondh ayi rAni se mil ayi
na pAyo re ...
mandir me dhoondh Ayi pUjAri puchh Ayi
na pAyo re ved terA tuze rAdhA bulAti hai

TRANSLATION:
Unable to attain Your Ved (knowledge),
Radha calls You
O Mohan, please come back, Radha is calling You
She searched in the palaces, met the queen,
Yet unable to attain Your knowledge, Radha calls You

O Mohan, please come back, Radha is calling You
She searched in the Temple, asked the priest,
Yet unable to attain Your knowledge, Radha calls You

--------

That song makes me sob.
~ ~
| |
| |
| |

It conveys the gist of the feelings in Vrindavan when KrushNa and BalarAm left for Mathura with Akrur.

I don't think i could handle it - too scary, eerie - KrushNa please please don't put me thru' this.

praNAm

anirvan
22 April 2011, 02:47 AM
PraNAm AnirvanJi

http://people.virginia.edu/~pm9k/1999/yashoda2.jpg
http://www.krishnajanmashtami.com/gifs/leela.jpg
http://galeria-radha-kryszna.nama-hatta.pl/albums/userpics/10002/GOPAL-MAKHAN-CHOR-054.jpg
http://www.elinxs.com/GK/images/ysk.jpg

Jai Shri KrushNa

praNAm

Pranam smaranam ji,

thank you so much for your assurance.its because of elder brothers devotees(sakhis) that anjani adhams like me are able to see his divine charm and endless love for us. its true that he never let me go far from him.in some way or other he comes...silently...looking if my lap is still vacant for him or not? if the batsalya rasa for that nat-khat ever hungry kanha has refilled the chest of mine.

It"S his requirement too,not mine only. so he will play like this till then my heart will be 100 reserved for him only.he is very selfish,very jealous.no one can share the love for him.

thats why the Viraha. even Sri Radharani, all gopis everybody of vrindavan were subjected to viraha for 100 years,because he wanted to be sure that each atom of his bhakta should be refined and re-refined with the colour of SRI-SHYAMASUNADARA.

AFTER 100 yrs of krishna -adarshana, they finally got back their Kanha at Pravas yanja....where again there was eternal milan(union). every devotee has to undergo such curse( sweet pain of love) to be absolutely of him only.

sata koti pranam at the lotus feet of this natakhat gopal :)

proudhindu
24 April 2011, 03:40 PM

I have personal experiences with many Psychics like the One you said.After careful study i found that that they have very high/Hyper observation Capabilities.People like them can tell lot of Astonishing things about you by observing your Dress or the way you carry yourself.Once they Got your undivided attention you will lose track what exactly you revealed to Him and what he In turn use your own info to make more predictions about you.

Recently i also happen to watch some Tv episodes of Psych and "The Mentalist" which confirmed what i knew before.

This person has succesfully tricked you in to beleiving that You need Something more than a simple prayer.Some special kind of Ritual which can also Fatten his Wallet.

srinidhi
25 July 2011, 02:11 AM
Lord Krishna is so merciful. He will not make you suffer. Please read the Bhagavad Gita.

Lord Krishna is supreme. He will protect His devotees without fail.

Jai Shri Krishna...!!!

R Gitananda
29 August 2011, 10:28 PM
Namaste

If what he said doesn't make sense to you then why not just ignore it?
People have all kinds of opinions and say all kinds of things. Don't let
it play upon your mind; have faith in the Gita.

Aum Shanti