PDA

View Full Version : Namaste

Parikh1019
19 February 2011, 06:41 PM
Hello

Hopefully I will learn some things here and may contribute as well.

Moderator,

I have submitted two long articles in last 2 days.

1- Soul of Christianity and Atman of Hinduism

2- Mahatma Gandhi,Christianity and politics of conversion

I do not know what happened to them as I still do not see it posted.

Parikh

Eastern Mind
19 February 2011, 07:39 PM
Vannakkam Parikh: I think you need 10 posts before they aren't moderated. Hang in there and keep posting.

Aum Namasivaya

Believer
20 February 2011, 03:49 PM
I have submitted two long articles in last 2 days.

I do not know what happened to them as I still do not see it posted.

Becoming a member of a new forum is like entering a room full of people you don't know. First you introduce yourself, find a seat, enjoy a cool beverage, settle down and then start a dialog. You must have had something very very important on your mind to start posting the heavy stuff before even telling us who you are and what your credentials are. Make sense?

And yes, the first 10 or so submissions are looked at, whenever the moderator has time, and only then they show up in the forum. This is to prevent troublemakers from posting commercial or inflammatory material. So, hang in there, you will see everything in time.

Ramakrishna
20 February 2011, 11:37 PM
Namaste Parikh,

Welcome to HDF. Hopefully you will learn a lot here and we will learn from you as well.

Jai Sri Ram

Sean
21 February 2011, 06:13 AM
Parikh, this forum's welcome routine didn't impress me either, but this place is as good as it gets right now.

Believer
21 February 2011, 08:25 PM
----------but this place is as good as it gets right now.

Kudos to the Administrator!

Eastern Mind
21 February 2011, 08:41 PM
Vannakkam:

As has been mentioned in the past, but just a reminder: it is fairly easy to set up your own forum, so if you don't like the moderation of any particular forum, (not just this one but many others) you are free to go set up your own. From my understanding, its just not that hard, and then you can be you own moderator and go ahead, ban anyone you want, moderate however you want. As far as I know this has yet to be done by any previous complainers, even though the suggestion is serious. Any ideas as to why not?

Kudos to our moderator, as Believer said.

Aum Namasivaya

charitra
21 February 2011, 10:33 PM
Namaste to all.
I am having goodtime reading this forum. I am an Indian American and I live in St.Louis, Missouri, a born brown hindu Iam. I was tempted to post from day one, but then exercised self restraint; as someone said here ('sit down and have a drink first and.... dont dash to the podium'), I felt like reading more and writing less. It indeed was the right decision I made, many learned and dedicated writers have been doing an amazing job here already.

With this high quality submissions being the norm, i fully support running a very tight ship. Moderation maintains peace... .

Believer
22 February 2011, 04:25 PM
Namaste Charitra,

Welcome to the forum. May your time here be most pleasant!

Eastern Mind
22 February 2011, 04:33 PM
Vannakkam charitra: Indeed, welcome to these forums. You certainly did the right thing to read a lot first. Thanks for that. Do you get to the St. Louis temple? I want to go there one day.

Aum Namasivaya

charitra
22 February 2011, 09:17 PM
Vannakkam charitra: Indeed, welcome to these forums. You certainly did the right thing to read a lot first. Thanks for that. Do you get to the St. Louis temple? I want to go there one day.

Aum Namasivaya

vanakkam Eastern Mind, yes we have a beautiful temple here and all deities are available for worship, though venkateswara appears to be the principle one, telugus have worked hard initially to build the mandir.:)

Ramakrishna
22 February 2011, 10:49 PM
Namaste Charitra,

Welcome to HDF. I look forward to your posts.

Jai Sri Ram

Sean
23 February 2011, 10:42 AM
Hi there Charitra.

Eastern Mind
23 February 2011, 11:49 AM
vanakkam Eastern Mind, yes we have a beautiful temple here and all deities are available for worship, though venkateswara appears to be the principle one, telugus have worked hard initially to build the mandir.:)

Vannakkam: One of these years ... the great North American temple circle, one temple every day for 30 days or so.

I think all cities that have at least one temple do a great service to the community. It does take a lot of hard work, and it is one of the duties of those who come to the west. Back home in India its just a given. Usually it takes a few years for a core group to realise something is missing from their lives. But I think that strengthens the determination, once it starts. (Good on the Telegu community there, and the few really dedicated families) Otherwise the religion could fall apart even more than it does already from all the other factors. At least with a temple, the kids get to experience some aspect of their religion outside of what's going on at home.

They have a nice website: http://www.hindutemplestlouis.org/
Aum Namasivaya

charitra
23 February 2011, 11:50 PM
Vannakkam: One of these years ... the great North American temple circle, one temple every day for 30 days or so.

I think all cities that have at least one temple do a great service to the community. It does take a lot of hard work, and it is one of the duties of those who come to the west. Back home in India its just a given. Usually it takes a few years for a core group to realise something is missing from their lives. But I think that strengthens the determination, once it starts. (Good on the Telegu community there, and the few really dedicated families) Otherwise the religion could fall apart even more than it does already from all the other factors. At least with a temple, the kids get to experience some aspect of their religion outside of what's going on at home.

They have a nice website: http://www.hindutemplestlouis.org/
Aum Namasivaya

Vanakkam Eastern Mind,
the only reason I mentioned Telugus above is because I first stated that Venkateswara is the principal deity in the mandir. As you are very well aware Tirupati being located in Andhra:) , a Telugu state. I thought I should clarify. Non Telugus however, thankfully, are a big presence in the mandir activities. Thanks for posting the weblink.

I agree with you more and more mandirs ought to be built all over; there are none in Little Rock, the bible belt state of Arkansas is not blessed with a single mandir :( .

Eastern Mind
24 February 2011, 08:20 AM
I thought I should clarify. Non Telugus however, thankfully, are a big presence in the mandir activities. Thanks for posting the weblink.

Vannakkam: That's the same here,except that the temple founders were primarily Sri Lankan Tamil. But everyone comes,often in groups. On any given larger puja, one might here 7 or 8 different languages. (But we also have 4 other North Indian style temples here.) For example, the Andhra Association, Kannada Assoc., and Kerala groups all sponsor a puja one night of the month. If everybody all came at once, our temple would never hold the crowd.

Aum Namasivaya

Shanti
25 February 2011, 07:44 PM
Welcome Parikh and Charitra!:)

~S