PDA

View Full Version : The Dichotomous Nature of Reality and the Oneness of the Supreme

Eric11235
21 February 2011, 07:13 AM
Vannakam,

I didn't know whether this should be in the On Dharma boards or This particular board, but I think it is sufficiently advanced enough to be put on here.

In reality, there is good and there is bad, there is love and hate, there is up and down.

These are known as Dichotomies, they are special to our realities as they exist on the plane of samsara.

What I propose is that in the regions of the supreme one, there are no dichotomies present. There is no good or evil. There is no up or down, there is no black and white, just pure being.

I may be reiterating from some other post, but I'd just like to express my thoughts on how this abstraction could be applied to daily life.

I think, if one were to take into consideration that while the supreme exists in all and all exists in the supreme, the supreme also exists outside our realities, and perhaps the other realities as well. As such where the supreme exists is pure oneness. So if we realize that there is no up or down, one can reduce the ego by significant amounts.

Where oneness exists, so does equality, and if we look for oneness in our reality we can apply it to the treatment of others (Stepping up the aristotelian golden mean up a notch). We just have to realize that maya creates the dichotomies found in daily life. While good and evil undoubtedly exist in the regions of the supreme they are non-existent.

So in conclusion, if we apply the concept of oneness and equality to our reality, it may benefit us in this world, but more importantly, it can either prepare us for a new birth upon the end of our life, or prepare us for Moksha, the final step.

Hopefully this is agreeable to everyone

Namaste

Eastern Mind
21 February 2011, 08:02 AM
Vannakkam Eric: Truly a beautiful sentiment to keep with us. Not something we can function as, but as a stabiliser whenever we falter or digress. There are a few more dichotomies I'd add to the list. How quickly we forget.

beautiful-ugly
cold-warm
male-female
tall-short
young-old
night-day
homosexual-heterosexual

Have a great day - err.. night.

Aum Namasivaya

Eric11235
21 February 2011, 08:14 AM
Vannakam EM,

Indeed, an ideal to strive for, but ultimately impossible to completely achieve in this world.

I shall have a good morning