PDA

View Full Version : Great. One of America's Top Christian Supremacists is Visiting India...

BryonMorrigan
24 February 2011, 09:44 AM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/02/24/india-trip-hurting-palin-in-new-hampshire/

An aide for the former Alaska governor tweeted earlier Wednesday that Palin would be making a trans-continental trip to India in March to speak at the India Today 2011 conclave in New Delhi.

She should be banned from entering the country for the same reason that American "Koran-burning" pastor was banned from entering England...

Eastern Mind
24 February 2011, 01:19 PM
Vannakkam Bryon:

Do our Indian friends here on HDF even know who she is? Knowing who the Pope is I get, but Sarah? Has her fame really spread that far? Saidevo? Devotee? others?

Aum Namasivaya

charitra
24 February 2011, 01:51 PM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/02/24/india-trip-hurting-palin-in-new-hampshire/

She should be banned from entering the country for the same reason that American "Koran-burning" pastor was banned from entering England...

Namaste Byron, EM et al.,
you all must understand the indian media are left wing extremists and are worse than US media at that. You trash hindus you get to see stardom you take the opposite road you are doomed:mad: . The said India Today conclave board in the past had invited the characters like Musharraf, the guy who had unleashed extremists onto Indian soil in many ways and one of which was thru Kargil war. He went and lectured the audience on how bad India was for muslims!!! Both Republicans and Papal industry have manipulated the India Today without any question and bam sarah is going to India....and will get paid handsomely for her enlightening talk believe it or not... :Cool:

Believer
24 February 2011, 02:24 PM

The only time India bans people from entering the country is if Muslims/Xitians raise hell. Hindus do not, and will never have a voice in the Secular/Minority Appeasing land of the Vedas. Hindus see any Western pretty woman and start worshiping her as 'Bharat Mata'. Sonia and her daughter are prime examples. Palin will fit right in with them; there is always room for one more deity at the alter.
-

Shanti
24 February 2011, 06:22 PM
Maybe she thought she was going to Indiana?

Eastern Mind
24 February 2011, 06:32 PM
Vannakkam: "But where are all those fancy head dresses and tipis? Gee I hope I get to stay in one of those."

Aum Namasivaya

TatTvamAsi
24 February 2011, 09:40 PM
why on earth is this woman going to India? One report of the trip said she will be "backpacking across the continent" and visiting Ashrams! Seriously? I hope no Ashram allows this mleccha to enter.

saidevo
24 February 2011, 10:33 PM
namaste EM.

I rarely get to know such news, so never heard of her. I hope the Hindu institutions and the BJP create some protest against her when she is in India.

Hey, if this SP is the same as the person in these images, I am sure the Bollywood industry would be thrilled to have her in a film, even tailoring a Christian evangelical story for her!
http://www.google.com/images?client=opera&rls=en&q=%22Sarah+Palin%22&oe=utf-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&sa=X&ei=kC9nTaKXEJCrcfix5Y4M&ved=0CEUQsAQ

Vannakkam Bryon:

Do our Indian friends here on HDF even know who she is? Knowing who the Pope is I get, but Sarah? Has her fame really spread that far? Saidevo? Devotee? others?

Aum Namasivaya

Ramakrishna
24 February 2011, 11:58 PM
Namaste,

Wow, I can't believe she's going to India, let alone actually planning on visiting ashrams! If anything, I would have thought she would go there expecting to meet up with the Christians and do stuff like they do at her church: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG1vPYbRB7k

Maybe she thought she was going to Indiana?

:laugh:

Jai Sri Ram

BryonMorrigan
25 February 2011, 08:13 AM
She's one of those Christian Supremacists who is pretty much opposed to ANYONE who isn't a Right-Wing Christian. She is a "Dominionist," meaning that she wants the laws of the USA based on Biblical Law (essentially little different from Sharia Law), and often targets Muslims...because they're the "easiest" non-Christians to attack in the USA.

She's also not very intelligent or educated, and like many American politicians...probably can't tell the difference between a Sikh and a Muslim. I'm hoping that she makes some kind of ridiculous comment about Sikhs or something while she's there and embarrasses herself.

satay
25 February 2011, 09:16 AM
namaste,

I'm hoping that she makes some kind of ridiculous comment about Sikhs or something while she's there and embarrasses herself.

I find her to be very comical. Sat night live and all the late night hosts are going to have great laughs for many shows regarding this.

This is the person who said something like, "I know about Russia because I can see it from my backyard." or something like that.

It would be very funny for the world to watch if she becomes a president next election.

Eastern Mind
25 February 2011, 09:27 AM
Vannakkam: Information for those who don't know: http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/sarahpalin/a/palin-top-10.htm http://www.allgreatquotes.com/sarah_palin_funny_quotes.shtml

Seriously, I can't see Sarah having much of an impact in India. No one will have heard of her. Just as some political nutcase form Germany or anywhere is largely ignored here, other than for comedy, or seeds for satire, she's pretty much irrelevant. Her greatest achievement has been her uncanny willingness to provide us with humour.

My hope is such a trip will open her mind in even the slightest way.

Aum Namasivaya

BryonMorrigan
25 February 2011, 09:49 AM
How much you want to bet she worries about whether the food she's going to be served includes "monkey brains" or "snake surprise (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDBybXy1vY4)?"

Eastern Mind
25 February 2011, 10:02 AM
How much you want to bet she worries about whether the food she's going to be served includes "monkey brains" or "snake surprise (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDBybXy1vY4)?"

Vannakkam: That clip so reminds me of a former student, affectionately known as 'Tony from Thailand' . He could go into vivid (and true, as he was a street urchin) descriptions of capturing and eating snakes. The other kids ate it up. :)

Aum Namasivaya

PARAM
25 February 2011, 10:23 AM

She is the same former VP candidate, known as a Hot politician, and Pakistan's President Zardari fell in love with her.

She know now about Manmohan Singh, and there is less chance she will make headlines with any controversial remark

BryonMorrigan
25 February 2011, 10:32 AM
Ten bucks says she sees Prime Minister Singh's turban and greets him with "As-Salamu Alaykum." LOL.

PARAM
25 February 2011, 10:36 AM
Ten bucks says she sees Prime Minister Singh's turban and greets him with "As-Salamu Alaykum." LOL.
This won't make any controversy with anti Hindu Congress who want Muslim votes also, and Hindu Parties have nothing to do with it

satay
25 February 2011, 07:19 PM
namaste,

Though hindus won't care as Param pointed out, it will make funny headlines in the west. I can't wait for her trip... and John Stewart to make some comments about her trip. I can already see him making all the jokes...

Rationalist
26 February 2011, 04:34 PM
This stupid American (sorry for the redundancy) will hopefully be wanting to go back to India after she lands. After all, she doesn't want to be associated with "pagans," does she?

Sean
26 February 2011, 08:28 PM
This stupid American (sorry for the redundancy)...

:)

five characters

Rationalist
27 February 2011, 09:45 AM
:)

five characters

Meaning? :headscratch:

By the way Bryon, Christian supremacist is also a bit redundant. Don't you agree?

PARAM
27 February 2011, 09:57 AM
Why Sean and Sahasraman are banned:confused:

BryonMorrigan
27 February 2011, 12:39 PM
By the way Bryon, Christian supremacist is also a bit redundant. Don't you agree?

Nah. There are many Christians out there who are good people...especially the ones with a more "Liberal" or "Universalist" interpretation of Christianity.

I don't run into them too often...but they do exist! ;)

Eastern Mind
27 February 2011, 01:53 PM
Nah. There are many Christians out there who are good people...especially the ones with a more "Liberal" or "Universalist" interpretation of Christianity.

I don't run into them too often...but they do exist! ;)

Vannakkam Bryon et al: So this leads me to another question for our Indian friends. What brands of Christianity exist there? Is it mostly fundamentalist and Catholic? Or are some Christians far more liberal. There are quite a few differences in the Christian demographics from country to country. For example, here in Canada the percentage of Christians who are hard core right wing fundamentalist is quite lower than in the US for example. Beyond that, I believe that in European countries, it is even lower. So maybe this is where some misconceptions arise.

Aum Namasivaya

PARAM
28 February 2011, 10:28 AM
Vannakkam Bryon et al: So this leads me to another question for our Indian friends. What brands of Christianity exist there? Is it mostly fundamentalist and Catholic? Or are some Christians far more liberal. There are quite a few differences in the Christian demographics from country to country. For example, here in Canada the percentage of Christians who are hard core right wing fundamentalist is quite lower than in the US for example. Beyond that, I believe that in European countries, it is even lower. So maybe this is where some misconceptions arise.

Aum Namasivaya

Most are fundamentalists Charistin India, only few are liberal, after real minority exist in them