PDA

View Full Version : Well, well, well...what have we here?

mumbaiXjones
07 December 2006, 12:59 PM
Namaskar everyone,

I'm not sure if anyone will actually reply to this, but I thought I'd write a quick intro anyway. :)

My pseudonym is Mumbai Jones. I named myself that because of my fascination with India. This fascination has always been there, but was only truly awakened relatively recently, when I started having visions of Hindu gods and goddesses and Jesus simultaneously. Pretty weird, huh? The first one happened about a year ago, when I was speaking in what must have been Sanskrit to Krishna while staring at a mural of Jesus. These visions tend to appear when I am meditating.

I am not a Hindu, I am a Quaker (unorthodox Christian denomination). However, my mission here is not to evangelize, but rather to educate myself about Hinduism, India, and other cultures in general. I plan on going to India in the winter of 2008, and then again that same summer. My dream is to eventually teach kindergarten there.

Well, I s'pose that's enough for now. I'll talk to you guys soon!
Mumbai

satay
07 December 2006, 01:04 PM
Namaskar everyone,

Well, I s'pose that's enough for now. I'll talk to you guys soon!
Mumbai

namaste!
and again welcome to HDF!

Hope to learn from you about the beliefs you practice. Your first post is very interesting.

Re evangelizing etc. don't be too worried. I request you to read the site rules under FAQ section of the forums. If you are breaking any rules, you will hear from me loud and clear. :)

mumbaiXjones
07 December 2006, 01:55 PM
namaste!
and again welcome to HDF!

Hope to learn from you about the beliefs you practice. Your first post is very interesting.

Re evangelizing etc. don't be too worried. I request you to read the site rules under FAQ section of the forums. If you are breaking any rules, you will hear from me loud and clear. :)

Thank you, Satay. I appreciate the welcome. :)