View Full Version : Hari Om

yajvan
07 December 2006, 03:23 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Namaste Upasaka ( or one who meditates),

" why is it that yajvan always starts with the salutation to Hari?"

Lets take a look at this most profound sound/mantra:

Hari: ha + ra + i. Hakara pingala varna or "the syllable ha means that there is no sense of the body." Further it is said that sarva varna varottamam "It (ha) is the supreme letter." Rakara teja varna sat: "The syllable ra is the power of God in the body." Ikara shakti dayaka: "The letter i is the life of God given in you".

So ha + ra + i is Hari, who is inhaling your breath. Hari comes from harati avidyam iti harià, "he who dispels darkness of ignorance". According to Lahiri Mahasaya, Hari means "one who steals". When the jiva stage is stolen from you, the resulting stillness is Hari.

One other idea
Note how the rishi's cognized this Mantram using the fundamantal bija "seed" sounds... of ha +ra + i. hari om ram ramaya namaha.
And "maha" is a key sound discovered by Mahachamasyah-risi. Maha is discussed in the Taittiriya Upanishad. and Ra -
As Ram is very dear to us all ( especially to me http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/images/icons/icon7.gif) HIS name as a mantra is substantial:
Ra represents the root letter for Agni. "Aa" represents the letter for the moon. "Ma" represents the root letter for the sun. What does Agni signify? It destroys everything and reduces it to ashes. The letter "R" has the power to destroy all the sins committed by man. The letter "Aa" (symbolizing the moon) has the powers of cooling the fevers man suffers from and conferring peace on him. "Ma" represents the sun who dispels the darkness of ignorance and confers illumination of wisdom. Hence, the word Rama has the right triple power of destroying sins, conferring peace and dispelling ignorance.
And Agni - the first sutra in the Rk Ved is dedicated to Agni - as He is the Divine Will.
Its a joy to speak of this Universal Principle of Agni who lives in us all, and is part of our speach (vak) and our desire to unfold the full potential of the SELF.

satay
31 January 2008, 08:49 AM
Hari OM